2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'll admit, I didn't see much of Greer last year, so I'm not sure how much/if at all his game has changed. But the one thing he brings that I think the team is lacking is some grit in crowding the crease. He seemed like such a pest, starting scrums and getting under the opposition's skin the few times I've watched him play. I really think the AVs need another forward that brings that on a consistent basis.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
I still prefer to let the players develop at their own pace. Give them lots of AHL games with ice time. If they can dominate one year (i.e play above the nhl role they are projected to), put them in the NHL until they fail.

If the other guys win over him, it doesnt mean Greer has failed. Might mean we have a sick prospect pool. Kerfoot was a fast developer, great. Doesnt mean we have no role for another, give anorher guy up without giving him the chance to win back the position.

Kerfoot just turned 24 while Greer will not be 22 until December. I do believe Greer can carve out a productive bottom six role, but he has to develop that type of game with the Eagles, i.e. use him on the PK and against the other team's top line,

Reactions: Pure

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Kerfoot just turned 24 while Greer will not be 22 until December. I do believe Greer can carve out a productive bottom six role, but he has to develop that type of game with the Eagles, i.e. use him on the PK and against the other team's top line,

I think he may still even carve out a top 6 role based on his offensive highlights. Just love his strong hockey sense.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This is his last year of being waivers-exempt. It's hard to imagine that he will spend an entire year in the AHL and then jump into the NHL next year immediately, especially when he'll be competing for that role with guys like Kaut, Bowers, and Shvyrev, who will IMO have better cases for callups. He needs to jump ahead of them now and get an NHL role for himself solidified before any of those other guys take his spot for good.

I don't think he's necessarily competing with those guys. I see him more competing with players like Gourke, Nieto and Colin Wilson. I think those are the guys he needs to prove he's better than and replace.

I'll admit, I didn't see much of Greer last year, so I'm not sure how much/if at all his game has changed. But the one thing he brings that I think the team is lacking is some grit in crowding the crease. He seemed like such a pest, starting scrums and getting under the opposition's skin the few times I've watched him play. I really think the AVs need another forward that brings that on a consistent basis.

Agreed! That's the type of game that will get him on the big squad. If he can hit, play a decent defensive game and pop-in a few goals here and there, he'll be a valuable bottom-6 player. I'm not sure if people expected more but if he turns out to be a 6'3lbs version of Antoine Roussel, I'll be pretty happy personally. (not the skating part but the 'pest' part)

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think he's necessarily competing with those guys. I see him more competing with players like Gourke, Nieto and Colin Wilson. I think those are the guys he needs to prove he's better than and replace.
There's a good chance both Wilson and Bourque will be gone at the end of the year, I'm mostly thinking of just the 12/13 forwards that will be in the NHL, and I'm having trouble seeing him as one of the top 12 forwards in the org even after those two are gone.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
There's a good chance both Wilson and Bourque will be gone at the end of the year, I'm mostly thinking of just the 12/13 forwards that will be in the NHL, and I'm having trouble seeing him as one of the top 12 forwards in the org even after those two are gone.

I can see nieto, ghetto being gone as well.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Not me. If he's able to keep progressing and stay healthy, I think he's going to have a pretty good shot at that lineup. Just because he got sent down, it doesn't mean he's a horrible bust or they don't like where he at. With the number of 1-way contracts on team already that are already there to play that type of role, it's not really a surprise.

He might just be an extra body or a 4th liner to start but if he buys into that role, he could be effective. He's still pretty young, he won't be 22 until December.

Or maybe he'll get packaged with Meloche and a pick from Drouin. :sarcasm:

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Not me. If he's able to keep progressing and stay healthy, I think he's going to have a pretty good shot at that lineup. Just because he got sent down, it doesn't mean he's a horrible bust or they don't like where he at. With the number of 1-way contracts on team already that are already there to play that type of role, it's not really a surprise.

He might just be an extra body or a 4th liner to start but if he buys into that role, he could be effective. He's still pretty young, he won't be 22 until December.

Or maybe he'll get packaged with Meloche and a pick from Drouin. :sarcasm:
He isn't a bust yet, never said he was, but he's on his last chance with the Avs this year, that's all.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Some of you will be devastated to learn that Rice has been released.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Kaut makes his Eagles debut tonight. They lost yesterday 5-3.

Forwards:
Greer - Shvyrev - Kaut
Agozinno - Beaudin - Kosmachuk
Lewis - Downing - Joly
Ully - Dickinson - Harms
Defense:
Boikov - Richard
Geertsen - Meloche
Graves - Davis

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I thought Altitude was planning to broadcast some of the games. Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad