2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Just checked out the Chicago Wolves line up and I am even more impressed now how well the Eagles played.

26Erik BrannstromD1202011999-09-0218 5.10173
38Tomas HykaR1022001993-03-2325Mlada Boleslav, Czech Rep.5.11160
18T.J. TynanF1101211992-02-2526Orland Park, IL5.09165
10Curtis McKenzieL10112-11991-02-2227Golden, BC6.02205
27Brandon PirriC1011021991-04-1027Toronto, ONT6.00186
7Daniel CarrL1000001991-11-0126Sherwood Park, ALTA6.00193
17Brooks MacekR10000-11992-05-1526Winnipeg, MAN5.10180
4Jimmy OlignyD1000001993-04-3025St-Michel, PQ6.00214
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Brannstrom is a top prospect (first round pick) who was phenomenal. The rest are players are proven AHL veterans. Some like Pirri, McKenzie has had PPG seasons in the AHL recently.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Kam had some short "floating moments" (not sure why, could be endurance, could be thinking too much), but then most times made high hockey sense plays. Definitely a top line AHL player and NHL level player.

Greer's straight line speed has improved. Falls down alot for a big guy. Always been a high IQ player, very gritty, high energy. Scored a great goal, knowing how to use his body to shield defenders and enough speed to get a little bit of separation too. Drew a penalty right before scoring his goal.

Kaut is similar, but much better skater and less gritty. Already one of the best two way guys on the team. He's a right handed, less gritty version of Landeskog. A year to get used to north american ice and he's ready to be next to Soderberg or Jost.

O'Connor really making most of us look stupid for questioning his signing. Has a ton of energy, very good skater. Already playing with Joly and Kam, didn't look out of place.

Beaudin was horrible in the first period and then showed why he probably has some of the best top six skills on the team. Skating, passing, shot are all top six level. Needs to understand that the professional levels are for men and not boys, so he can use another year. We should be patient with him.

Didn't notice too much out of the other young guys.

Geerston is meh. No offensive upside.
Lewis needs to work on his conditioning (cost us the OT goal) Didn't notice his 100+ point WHL skills that differentiated himself from a guy like Joly.
Shvryv is way more gritty than I expected.
Toninato is not a top six AHL guy, just not enough offense.
Spencer Martins was solid, no complaints.

Alt is a like the AHL version of EJ.
Warsovsky is like the AHL version of Barrie. Good guys to have around since i think this Eagles team will be competitive this year. Expectation should be playoffs.

In general, its pretty crazy how close this eagles team reflect the Avs (just lacking their version of Mack, Girard, Zadorov, Soderberg.
Great. Thanks a lot. Just what I was hoping for. I would love for one of these guys to be able to bumps Gork down from Soda’s line.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I think another reason for the goofy line ups is that they wanted to dress some guys from last years championship team. I'm hoping that's why Frank didn't dress. I expect the same tonight.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Watched the post game presser and it was good to hear about the collaboration with the Avs and that the Eagles are looking to mirror the coaching strategies. I think we'll see a lot of movement this year.

Reactions: Tommy G

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So Martin allows two goals on the first three shots he faces? About 8 minutes into the first, he has fewer saves than goals allowed.

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Did Kam just straight up not make the Avs opening night roster? Or were injuries in training camp a factor

Bednar has said repeatedly that when the Avs are on a homestand, young guys are going to play with the Eagles. Given he was injured and didn't even have a real chance at making the team out of camp, I don't think we should read much into Kam playing with the Eagles. The way this season will work, a young player could make the Avs but still play for the Eagles from time to time.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm sure Bednar will keep the same lineup in the next game and then maybe bench Dries, even though I think it's Bourque who should sit.

Yeah.. Dries may be able to do what Borq does but with more offensive ability if given the chance. Either that or move Compher up there for f*** sake and try Kam between Calvert and Dries.

Soda is really getting boned on talent, but it makes it even more impressive how hes played.

Borq and Neato are my least favorite right now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dries has really impressed me, especially for how little he plays. You notice him whenever he's out there, and usually for good reasons. Unlike Gork he actually knows what to do with the puck.

Yeah, I'd try Compher in there, forgot he wasn't on the 2nd unit this year so far.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dries has really impressed me, especially for how little he plays. You notice him whenever he's out there, and usually for good reasons. Unlike Gork he actually knows what to do with the puck.

Yeah, I'd try Compher in there, forgot he wasn't on the 2nd unit this year so far.

I have this feeling that somehow Borq has worked is way into Bednar's list of difficult to cut because of his PK ability list. Yeah we can point to the past where Bednar hadn't favored Borq but right now I think his place on the roster screams preference. Neato I get because of his new contract, but come on now.

I'd love to see what Soda can do with at least one winger who can score even if it's a newbie like Compher.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I think we're all forgetting that Ghetto is injured. I suspect that Bork's spot on Soda's wing would be filled by Ghetto or Wilson if everyone were healthy. That would give Soda that scoring winger. But as things sit now, Bednar wants Compher to be a center, Calvery and Nieto are both LWs, and so the spot on Soda's right wing is down to Bork and Dries, and obviously Bednar is going to trust Bork in that role until he sees more of Dries.

Edit: Calvery was a typo, but I like that now as a nickname

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Nieto and Soda have good chemistry, and Long Beach Native Matt Nieto isn't terrible offensively so I don't mind them being paired up. They just need someone better than Gork with them and that line will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad