2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW, the Eagles were trying to do a whiteout, even handing out free tees that said something like "Birds vs. Birds" or something like that. Based on what I saw that ended up being a miserable failure.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Why are the first 2 games played in Colorado when the Eagles are the lower seed???
One of two reasons or maybe both. The higher seed gets to choose to start home or away. In a 5 games series with travel I think it has to be a 2/3 or 3/2 split. Or building availability. Considering the games in Bakersfield are now Tues, Sat and (if nec) Sun then it seems there was some conflict there.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
One of two reasons or maybe both. The higher seed gets to choose to start home or away. In a 5 games series with travel I think it has to be a 2/3 or 3/2 split. Or building availability. Considering the games in Bakersfield are now Tues, Sat and (if nec) Sun then it seems there was some conflict there.
Thanks TV, always knowledgable!

That’s quirky, the lower seed could concievably be eliminated before having a game at home!

Reactions: tigervixxxen

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Eagles got absolutely rekted today and lost 5-2 to Bakersfield and are down 1-2 in the series (remember it is best out of five).

The shots were 1-18 for Condors in the 1st and 9-18 in the second.

Gotta take the loss and move on to the next one.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks TV, always knowledgable!

That’s quirky, the lower seed could concievably be eliminated before having a game at home!
It’s been that way in the AHL for a while. At least since 2011. Basically you start on the road and hope for a split or better. Then you hope to finish the series at home.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It’s been that way in the AHL for a while. At least since 2011. Basically you start on the road and hope for a split or better. Then you hope to finish the series at home.
Really, I was not aware of that. I don’t follow the AHL playoffs unless our team makes it. (Which they don’t do often, lol!)

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Haven't listened to a game in years. What a treat. So far 2-1 Eagles. But this is the pretty part

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 8.46.32 PM.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Eagles are done. They followed their NHL affiliate's lead tonight and allowed four unanswered after having a 2-1 lead. I don't follow them as closely as some others here but I'd say this season was still pretty good for them overall, no?

Kaut's two goals and Bowers' assist......

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Eagles are done. They followed their NHL affiliate's lead tonight and allowed four unanswered after having a 2-1 lead. I don't follow them as closely as some others here but I'd say this season was still pretty good for them overall, no?
They made the playoffs, which they haven't done since Lake Erie so that's a win. There are still some bumps in the road though such as a lack of offence firepower and overall success on the powerplay. Defensively they looked strong and that could be due to the immense amount of two-way players in the line up.

Francouz was easily the MVP of the season, but there were some good stories as well like O'Connor, Greer's production, Meloche's development, with others. The problem is that what happens with Francouz next year? Avs should sign another Agozzino to help with the offencive woes, but going from Francouz to whoever replaces him will be a downgrade no matter how you look at it (except if we're replacing him with a Hutchinson level goaler).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They made the playoffs, which they haven't done since Lake Erie so that's a win. There are still some bumps in the road though such as a lack of offence firepower and overall success on the powerplay. Defensively they looked strong and that could be due to the immense amount of two-way players in the line up.

Francouz was easily the MVP of the season, but there were some good stories as well like O'Connor, Greer's production, Meloche's development, with others. The problem is that what happens with Francouz next year? Avs should sign another Agozzino to help with the offencive woes, but going from Francouz to whoever replaces him will be a downgrade no matter how you look at it (except if we're replacing him with a Hutchinson level goaler).

Hopefully they can try to make up for the Francouz loss in some other ways like Timmins on D (fingers crossed) and more firepower up front.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I just saw on Eliteprospects that Sasha Larocque and Peter Tischke are signed through 2020 with the Eagles. They must’ve resigned an AHL contract? Didn’t see anything on Twitter.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
I just saw on Eliteprospects that Sasha Larocque and Peter Tischke are signed through 2020 with the Eagles. They must’ve resigned an AHL contract? Didn’t see anything on Twitter.

Yes, the Eagles let them go during the playoffs and then signed them to contracts for next year. Hopefully they will spend most of their time in Utah instead of blocking Avs prospects from playing time.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Okay...what the actual f***. The Eagles have reportedly refused to give the Kelly Cup back to the ECHL, so the Toledo Walleye and Newfoundland Growlers are currently battling for the right to hoist a replica.

EDIT: Well now the Eagles are claiming they've tried multiple times to return the Cup but the ECHL won't take it back. What the hell...???

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Okay...what the actual ****. The Eagles have reportedly refused to give the Kelly Cup back to the ECHL, so the Toledo Walleye and Newfoundland Growlers are currently battling for the right to hoist a replica.

EDIT: Well now the Eagles are claiming they've tried multiple times to return the Cup but the ECHL won't take it back. What the hell...???

How much more funny is that with conflicting reports? Rotfl

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That shit is bananas. No idea who to believe here, both sides stories seem incredibly unlikely.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That **** is bananas. No idea who to believe here, both sides stories seem incredibly unlikely.

I bet it was stolen (maybe by the team?). Then replicated by the team, and they are trying to give the replica back as the real thing. Then the league is like f*** you give us the real one. Team is like.. What? This is the real one!

Only thing that makes sense lol.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Just have an intern drive a rented car all the way to league headquarters (wherever that is) and return the damn thing.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
IIRC the Gold Pan that currently gets awarded to the winner of the DU/CC series isn't the original. A coach or player reportedly absconded with it and I don't believe anyone knows what happened to it. That's a far cry from the frickin' Kelly Cup but still kinda funny what people will do for a piece of hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad