2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Anyone know if they're in any danger of hitting the 50-contract limit?
They'll have to not qualify some guys. Nantel seems like an obvious victim of the contract limit. Bass too, he's done nothing down there. I dunno who else is up but they'll have to cut some guys loose to make room I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They'll have to not qualify some guys. Nantel seems like an obvious victim of the contract limit. Bass too, he's done nothing down there. I dunno who else is up but they'll have to cut some guys loose to make room I'm pretty sure.

Yeah they go down to 24 next year. So lots of flexibility.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Will they though? Don't know of any incoming prospects (other than mayyybe Timmins), plus Frank may not be there next season.

They actually have a lot of incoming prospects.

Henry and Bowers have both already signed. Healthy Timmins is another. Adam Werner is heavily rumored to join as well. Plus the potential for Morrison to sign, the potential for our 2019 1st to go the same route as Kaut. Especially considering it appears to be a direction the Avs are preferring to take our prospects now after the success with Rantanen.

Plus, we've signed at least a couple college free agents the last couple of summers now and likely do the same this summer.

I suspect we'll see at least 4 new young guys on the team next year with the potential to see as many as 6 or 7 depending on what happens this summer.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I believe there was a clock issue in the game last night that allowed Tucson to score the OT winner when the time really should've expired sending the game to a SO.

Good guy Dallas Eakins.
You are correct. The clock started 5-6 seconds late on the final faceoff of OT, then Garland scored with 2 or 3 seconds left. In other words, the buzzer should've already sounded before the winner went in. Anyway, congrats to the Eagles, good luck against Bakersfield!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
San Diego and Tuscon played a back to back Fri/Sat. Tuscon won the first one, climbing ahead of Colorado.

I wonder if people view Eakins differently now that MacLellan and Hitchcock hasn't managed to do anything with that Oilers group.

Nope. Eakins still ruined a bunch of players and set the franchise back.

Maybe he gets another shot in the NHL someday, but he was one of the worst coaches in recent history.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Arizona must ****ing hate us. KO their playoff hopes in both the NHL and AHL

giphy.gif

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Eagles start their playoff run tonight on the road, correct? Confused as to why Francouz and Kaut were at the game yesterday if they're playing on the road today :huh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Eagles start their playoff run tonight on the road, correct? Confused as to why Francouz and Kaut were at the game yesterday if they're playing on the road today :huh:
No, I believe they play the 19th. First round of the AHL is super weird, it is a best out of five series where the first two are in Colorado and the remaining three will be in Bakersfield.

FTR, Toninato was the scratched forward for the Avs as he took part in the warm up yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad