2018-19 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm going to assume the San Antonio Rampage are going to be very bad this year. St. Louis kept the best two prospects in the system, geez, they even kept Blais...!? There's really no one down there save for maybe Klim Kostin and Ville Husso (and...Conner Bleackley).

And egads, I sure do hope they get more professional profile pics taken. I could've taken more flattering photos with a Snapchat filter. Brian Flynn looks like he just stumbled out of a fight scene in a Coen Brothers film.

http://www.sarampage.com/roster/61/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm going to assume the San Antonio Rampage are going to be very bad this year. St. Louis kept the best two prospects in the system, geez, they even kept Blais...!? There's really no one down there save for maybe Klim Kostin and Ville Husso (and...Conner Bleackley).

And egads, I sure do hope they get more professional profile pics taken. I could've taken more flattering photos with a Snapchat filter. Brian Flynn looks like he just stumbled out of a fight scene in a Coen Brothers film.

Roster | San Antonio Rampage Hockey

I mean, they have a bunch of prospects/players that are pretty unknown besides inside their organization, doesn't mean they're bad players. For instance, you left out Jordan Nolan who has ~300 NHL games. To me, it doesn't look much different to the Eagles roster, except we know our prospects.

Now obviously the Eagles could be way better or worse than the Rampage, but it's not like the roster is filled with a bunch of bums.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Anyone know why the Eagles don’t play Grand Rapids this year? I was pretty bummed when I found that out I wanted to go see them play.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Anyone know why the Eagles don’t play Grand Rapids this year? I was pretty bummed when I found that out I wanted to go see them play.

I think because of travel the Western teams don't play all of the Eastern teams (unlike the NHL). Minor League baseball is similar due to travel. Most road trips are on buses rather than planes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good to see the Eagles beat those scrub Rampage in the back to back series. For some reason I never really liked the relationship with them, something always seemed off with that organization and fanbase.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
A New Era of Colorado Hockey Begins

Is it just me or does AJ seem a bit upset by being in the AHL?

"Sometimes you get caught up in, in...in uh... numbers games and you don't really, you know, feel like you should be here and stuff. But, you know, the moment I stepped on the ice I knew it was home. Um, so you know, the fans are great and we just got to build off their energy."

Sounds like he wants to be in the NHL. I'm hoping he has a chance. I like his grit, and I think come February, March, April it will be needed. Really hope he can turn it around and make the big squad soon.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
A New Era of Colorado Hockey Begins

Is it just me or does AJ seem a bit upset by being in the AHL?

"Sometimes you get caught up in, in...in uh... numbers games and you don't really, you know, feel like you should be here and stuff. But, you know, the moment I stepped on the ice I knew it was home. Um, so you know, the fans are great and we just got to build off their energy."

Sounds like he wants to be in the NHL. I'm hoping he has a chance. I like his grit, and I think come February, March, April it will be needed. Really hope he can turn it around and make the big squad soon.
No reason to be upset after the shitty preseason he had.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
No reason to be upset after the ****ty preseason he had.

Maybe, but I also look at someone like Bourque being in the lineup over Greer and I do question why. Greer has had a decent start with the Eagles.

On another note, Meloche's goal below.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
With the uncertainty around Timmins, we really need Nic to develop well.

He’s a naturally physical, nasty player who has a bomb of a shot. Confidence has never been a problem, he almost has a bit of an arrogance to himself that you want to see. The offense is now coming through and he is establishing himself as a very promising, hopefully 3/4/5 D.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe, but I also look at someone like Bourque being in the lineup over Greer and I do question why. Greer has had a decent start with the Eagles.

On another note, Meloche's goal below.

Bourque is a good penalty killer

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still think AJG projects as a perfectly good 3rd line banger-type winger. And while I'm eating some serious crow on Matt Calvert, there are at least a couple guys in the lineup I'd yank out of there in a heartbeat just to see what Greer could bring. Not saying it was a mistake to send him down but he's the one guy I fear Bednar may not give another legit shot to.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
AJ has been playing both PK and PP, so the team is giving him all the opportunity for development in the world. Hopefully we stick it out and when we see him reach that level, he’ll come here and excel. Definitely one of the most noticable players for us. Great effort, hockey sense and power. Kaut doing the same, also plays on the point on Pp.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
AJ has been playing both PK and PP, so the team is giving him all the opportunity for development in the world. Hopefully we stick it out and when we see him reach that level, he’ll come here and excel. Definitely one of the most noticable players for us. Great effort, hockey sense and power. Kaut doing the same, also plays on the point on Pp.
Great to hear about Greer. He's almost forgotten around here but I'd love to see him become a legit top 9 player for us. Brings a certain element that we're missing outside of Landy.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I think Greer is just used to working hard and making it places quickly. It's a millennial thing, we all think if we just grind enough we'll outrank others fast. But sometimes you need time to get over the hump and in Greer's case he has all the natural talent and just none of the experience needed to cement a roster spot. It's more than just running around on the ice and hitting people and scoring the occasional goal.

He'll make it, to that I have no doubt. I just question if it'll be with us or if it'll be with his 2nd or 3rd organization later into life.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Joe Cannata gets ECHL Goalie of the Week honors.

Utah's Cannata named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week

tenor.gif

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anything on Kaut? I feel like he’s dropped off the face of the earth

1 point in 4 games, 3rd in shots on the team (9) behind Warsofsky and Greer.

I mean, I don't mean to be rude but...what exactly are you expecting here? Dude literally turned 19 this month, and all reports said he would be kind of a work in progress.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
1 point in 4 games, 3rd in shots on the team (9) behind Warsofsky and Greer.

I mean, I don't mean to be rude but...what exactly are you expecting here? Dude literally turned 19 this month, and all reports said he would be kind of a work in progress.
Oh, no expectations at all, you’re jumping on the wrong comment here ( or maybe I asked the question in the wrong way )I just hadn’t heard anything about him....positive or negative. Was hoping someone could fill me in because I seem to like the guy.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh, no expectations at all, you’re jumping on the wrong comment here ( or maybe I asked the question in the wrong way )I just hadn’t heard anything about him....positive or negative. Was hoping someone could fill me in because I seem to like the guy.

Okay, no offense meant, just curious, which is why I attempted (and probably failed) to tread lightly for once.

Anyhow, I am quite pleased to see Meloche is leading the team in goals right now with two. Warsoft is tied for the lead in points (3) and sporting a minus-2 rating, which sounds about right. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad