2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Crawford was asked about needing time in Rockford and he pretty much dismissed the possibility. This was during camp...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What's wrong with throwing him into the fire? If he sucks after one period you just swap him with Ward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
obviously the entire organization thinks he can start up here, and like some have said, the Yotes really are the best start you could hope for with him...the difference between the Yotes and a top AHL team isn't massively different (Yotes have some injuries right now)....I am f***ing happy he is ready to go, so I don't care where he starts just play already Crow!!

Reactions: Jeffrey Lebowski

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
I kind of feel that the 10 months that Crow's been out probably isn't too much different than having the summer off as far as his timing is concerned. If that's the case it's sort of like he's starting the season without playing preseason games. How much would he have missed then really? I think he would have likely played the last preseason game and perhaps two half games at the most. I think he'll do fine and the boys will likely be stoked to play great D for him. If we score like we have been, I'm saying our OT streak is over and it's a regulation win. Good luck Crow.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I kind of feel that the 10 months that Crow's been out probably isn't too much different than having the summer off as far as his timing is concerned. If that's the case it's sort of like he's starting the season without playing preseason games. How much would he have missed then really? I think he would have likely played the last preseason game and perhaps two half games at the most. I think he'll do fine and the boys will likely be stoked to play great D for him. If we score like we have been, I'm saying our OT streak is over and it's a regulation win. Good luck Crow.

You can't be serious. The summer is typically 4 months without games. And a lot of guys are still on the ice during the summer, at some point. Crow was off the ice for 9 months....and out of games for 10 months.

I hope he does well, but I think he probably gets shelled... Even against the Coyotes.

And you KNOW the shots he was seeing in practice are not the shots he's going to be seeing in games. His injury was in the back of the mind of every guy on that ice with him when shooting. Even if they weren't intentionally going easy on him, it was in their subconscious.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ I liked because of his optimism. The decision has been made.
I don't think AZ is capable of shelling any team and Hawks should be very conscious of the need to protect their goalie. Even if Crawford lets in a softie Hawks should get away with it..... theoretically of course.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Exactly, I see this as one of the preseason games Crow would've had. We'll see know how his timing is after the first few shots are fired on net. Personally, I think he will be fine.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Arizona is way overdue though. At some point they are going to have one of those games(their lack of offense is not sustainable at all).

They are putting up 36 shots a game, good for 5th in the NHL. This is not a team failing to generate scoring chances. This is a team failing to finish.

Reactions: Blue Liner

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
/\ I liked because of his optimism. The decision has been made.
I don't think AZ is capable of shelling any team and Hawks should be very conscious of the need to protect their goalie. Even if Crawford lets in a softie Hawks should get away with it..... theoretically of course.
Perhaps the need to focus defensively might be just the thing that the team needs to actually start playing team defense. The forwards have been very poor at suppressing/preventing shots.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I think as long as our D plays a bit tighter considering Crow's return, he'll have an alright game. He's gonna give up a softie. But after that, hopefully, he'll settle down and get back in his rhythm.

As long as he can see shots, he will get back into his setting. He's a cerebral goalie who has great positioning... It's hard to lose that unless you have some significant brain scrambling. I hope he's actually ready.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Arizona is way overdue though. At some point they are going to have one of those games(their lack of offense is not sustainable at all).

They are putting up 36 shots a game, good for 5th in the NHL. This is not a team failing to generate scoring chances. This is a team failing to finish.
I watched a good amount of their game against Minnesota and yeah they put up a good amount of shots but I can’t really recall very many high end scoring looks that Dubnyk had to make a big stop on.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Should honestly just run the following lines:

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Kahun
Hayden-Anisimov-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

Let Saad and Schmaltz figure out their shit without having their hands held by Kane. Kane deserves to play with the best. Cat and Captain are the best.
Feel bad for Kahun on that line though.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Should honestly just run the following lines:

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Kahun
Hayden-Anisimov-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

Let Saad and Schmaltz figure out their **** without having their hands held by Kane. Kane deserves to play with the best. Cat and Captain are the best.
Feel bad for Kahun on that line though.

Make it up to Kahun with the 4th forward spot on PP1.

Schmaltz and Saad can work together on PP2.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Schmaltz needs to be away from Kane, and be forced to drive his own line. Kane essentially plays like a center, and slows the game down, which is why Anisimov works well with him...gets into position while Kane controls the puck.

DeBrincat-Toews-Hayden/Kahun
Kahun/Hayden-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Fortin
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
A couple more weeks of Manning? Having teeth pulled is less painful than watching him attempt hockey.

Manning is still going to play even after Forsling is back. Unless Q suddenly falls out of love with him. After last night, it's obvious that's likely not happening. He never even missed a shift after his piss-poor plays leading directly to two goals.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
There were portions last season where Anisimov did play well with Kaner (and previous seasons) , so in principle, i wouldn't be against
Anisimov with Kane at the moment. Not understand why Schmaltz isn't playing up to his potential,
is it really because he can't find chemistry with Kane?, maybe he should play wing?

(I know that Schmaltz&DeBrincat have loads of chemistry, last season proved that.)

Schmaltz-Toews-DeBrincat
Kahun-Anisimov-Kane
Fortin-Kämpf-Kunitz | Fortin-Kämpf-Hayden
Saad-Johnson-Hayden | Saad-Kruger-Kunitz

Or maybe he could find chemistry with Kane, if he'd play wing in the 2nd?

Debrincat/Kahun-Toews-Kahun/DeBrincat
Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
There were portions last season where Anisimov did play well with Kaner (and previous seasons) , so in principle, i wouldn't be against
Anisimov with Kane at the moment. Not understand why Schmaltz isn't playing up to his potential,
is it really because he can't find chemistry with Kane?, maybe he should play wing?

(I know that Schmaltz&DeBrincat have loads of chemistry, last season proved that.)

Schmaltz-Toews-DeBrincat
Kahun-Anisimov-Kane
Fortin-Kämpf-Kunitz | Fortin-Kämpf-Hayden
Saad-Johnson-Hayden | Saad-Kruger-Kunitz

Or maybe he could find chemistry with Kane, if he'd play wing in the 2nd?

Debrincat/Kahun-Toews-Kahun/DeBrincat
Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane

I don’t think moving Schmaltz to wing does anything. It’s the tunnel vision on Kane that’s the problem.

Instead of using his ice vision to actually see the ice, he uses it to lock in on Kane and has become ultra predictable.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A couple more weeks of Manning? Having teeth pulled is less painful than watching him attempt hockey.

Manning isn't going anywhere

Expect him around all season given the contract Stanley gave him

Stanley isn't going to admit to Rocky he made another financial blunder and cut ties. + Remember Stanley talked about the untapped potential that Manning was just starting to hit

Manning at 2.25M AAV for 2 years one of the most asinine contracts given out by Stanley

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I don’t think moving Schmaltz to wing does anything. It’s the tunnel vision on Kane that’s the problem.

Instead of using his ice vision to actually see the ice, he uses it to lock in on Kane and has become ultra predictable.

and that is one of the reasons why I have been saying all along that Schmaltz and Kane are not to be playing on the same line.

its very clear that they don't work well as a tandem

Reactions: Artorius Horus T
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad