2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Blackhawk93 said:
Just our luck that we need Hughes badly but there’s like 3 Canadian teams that look to historically suck this year.
Turcotte will do just fine.:nod:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Ejdsell-Anisimov-Kunitz/Hayden
Martinsen-Kruger-Kunitz/Hayden

First line is your best shot at a dominant and game-changing line. If DeBrincat is expected to perform on a line that faces top competition, there’s zero reason the same can’t be expected of Kane, enough of the sheltering Kane arguement. He’s too experienced, too elite, too important, and too expensive to be worrying about being sheltered. That sheltered role should be reserved for a younger players with offensive upside (like Sikura).

I can’t think of another elite winger that gets used in a sheltered role away from his team’s first line (Malkin is the closest thing, but he’s a center who anchors his line). I don’t think it’s a matter of Kane not being able to handle it, I think it’s Q being stubborn because he believes Kane has no defensive ability.

Also, the numbers show Kane is one of the best forwards in the league at clean defensive zone exits, and offensive zone entries.

Second line takes on that sheltered scoring line role. There’s lots of speed here, and this line puts Sikura in the best possible position for him to thrive. Heavy offensive zone start rate, and he has two guys that are skilled and defensively responsible. He’d perform better here than on a playmaker-less third line with Anisimov, or on a first line with Toews facing top competition.

Third line is heavy, I don’t know what to do with it. But I don’t want to limit Sikura’s potential just for the sake of that third line having someone who can skate a bit. It’s a line i’d try to use as sparingly as possible, and try to match up against third and fourth lines. You just hope it can score more than it gets scored on.

Not much needs to be said about the fourth. We all know what it’s there to do.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Ejdsell-Anisimov-Kunitz/Hayden
Martinsen-Kruger-Kunitz/Hayden

First line is your best shot at a dominant and game-changing line. If DeBrincat is expected to perform on a line that faces top competition, there’s zero reason the same can’t be expected of Kane, enough of the sheltering Kane arguement. He’s too experienced, too elite, too important, and too expensive to be worrying about being sheltered. That sheltered role should be reserved for a younger players with offensive upside (like Sikura).

I can’t think of another elite winger that gets used in a sheltered role away from his team’s first line (Malkin is the closest thing, but he’s a center who anchors his line). I don’t think it’s a matter of Kane not being able to handle it, I think it’s Q being stubborn because he believes Kane has no defensive ability.

Also, the numbers show Kane is one of the best forwards in the league at clean defensive zone exits, and offensive zone entries.

Second line takes on that sheltered scoring line role. There’s lots of speed here, and this line puts Sikura in the best possible position for him to thrive. Heavy offensive zone start rate, and he has two guys that are skilled and defensively responsible. He’d perform better here than on a playmaker-less third line with Anisimov, or on a first line with Toews facing top competition.

Third line is heavy, I don’t know what to do with it. But I don’t want to limit Sikura’s potential just for the sake of that third line having someone who can skate a bit. It’s a line i’d try to use as sparingly as possible, and try to match up against third and fourth lines. You just hope it can score more than it gets scored on.

Not much needs to be said about the fourth. We all know what it’s there to do.

Rather have Kahun with Ejdsell and Anisimov as speedster and Hayden in the 4th line with Kämpf/Kunitz and Krüger.

I kind of understand what you are trying to do but that bottom-6 as that looks hideous. Why Martinsen?

Has Bobby, fiddy or BWC hacked your account?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
@ROR ^ I like the top 6 if the must all play in the top 6 not what I would do but whatever, here is a variation of your top 6 and an updated bottom 6

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Edjsell/Hayden-AA-Kahun
Edjsell/Hayden-kruger-kampf

kunitz to be taken behind the barn and...

and here is what I would do and don't get caught up on who is on what line 1,2, 3 etc. I would be rolling a wicked third line to catch other teams weaknesses

Hayden/Edjsell-Toews-Cat
Kahun/Saad-AA-Kane
Kahun/Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Hayden/Edjsell-Kruger-Kampf

same scenario for Kunitz

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Rather have Kahun with Ejdsell and Anisimov as speedster and Hayden in the 4th line with Kämpf/Kunitz and Krüger.

I kind of understand what you are trying to do but that bottom-6 as that looks hideous. Why Martinsen?

Has Bobby, fiddy or BWC hacked your account?

Not attached to that bottom-6 in any way, shape, or form. It just sounds like from the lineups and the beat guys on podcasts that the 4th line will be Martinsen-Kruger-Hayden. So I just kept that part with what sounds like will be reality.

Also, all for putting a speed guy with average upside on the third line. I just don’t want it to be Sikura. I think it’s apparent already that Sikura has a lot of offensive potential, and I’d like to see him in a position to reach his potential.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
@ROR ^ I like the top 6 if the must all play in the top 6 not what I would do but whatever, here is a variation of your top 6 and an updated bottom 6

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Edjsell/Hayden-AA-Kahun
Edjsell/Hayden-kruger-kampf

kunitz to be taken behind the barn and...

and here is what I would do and don't get caught up on who is on what line 1,2, 3 etc. I would be rolling a wicked third line to catch other teams weaknesses

Hayden/Edjsell-Toews-Cat
Kahun/Saad-AA-Kane
Kahun/Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Hayden/Edjsell-Kruger-Kampf

same scenario for Kunitz

I don’t hate it, and it does give you three lines that are a threat to score. Plus it puts Sikura in a position where he absolutely is going to see some soft competition while playing with skilled line mates. That’s a pretty good recipie for goals.

I know the first challenge you’ll get here is that Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura shouldn’t be playing on the third line.

The coach would need to roll these lines as an evenly spread top-9, with the target of getting them to average 18 minutes each. That also takes some minutes off Toews and Kane, which could be beneficial as they cross into their 30’s. Boyle mentioned how reducing minutes for some of the core guys will only help them.

I think that Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura line could have three guys that all break the 50 point mark. I think that’s some solid depth scoring.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
From Powers most recent article:

“Quenneville mentioned he liked the possession the Chris Kunitz-Jonathan Toews-Alex DeBrincat line created in the game. DeBrincat had a few quality chances that he couldn’t finish. Toews set up Kunitz for a great look in the third period, but Collin Delia made a nice glove save. It’ll be interesting to see if that line works. One league source said Sunday, “Kunitz is crafty, very smart. I think he’ll surprise.””

Ugh.

Also mentioned that he liked how Edjsell Anisimov Sikura played together and that he thinks having Kruger and Kampf on the fourth line gives him some versatility.

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018

“Quenneville mentioned he liked the possession the Chris Kunitz-Jonathan Toews-Alex DeBrincat line created in the game. DeBrincat had a few quality chances that he couldn’t finish. Toews set up Kunitz for a great look in the third period, but Collin Delia made a nice glove save. It’ll be interesting to see if that line works. One league source said Sunday, “Kunitz is crafty, very smart. I think he’ll surprise.””

Ugh.

Also mentioned that he liked how Edjsell Anisimov Sikura played together and that he thinks having Kruger and Kampf on the fourth line gives him some versatility.
I see Q doesn’t value his job very much these days. That’s fine, as long as Joker gets some quality minutes this season I’ll find a way to live.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Ugh.

This is why I was so upset to hear about a Saad-Schmaltz-Kane combo a few months back. The line looks good in a vacuum, but I didn’t like what I thought it would mean for the rest of the lineup.

I knew it was going to lead to some complete nutsackery with the lineup. Knew it was going to mean someone gets screwed (Sikura at this point).

Ugh.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

Ugh.

Ugh.

Bottom 5 finish incoming

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Says....who?

The crystal ball method hasn't worked too well and nobody knows just how good or bad things will be.

What if Joker steps into a top pairing?

What if Seabrook bounces back?

What if Cam Ward has a resurgence?

Ill take my chances on professional athletes then just typing out how bad things are my a bunch of pundits. This team isn't as bad off as many here want to believe.

And even if, isn't there another generational talent coming out in the draft next year?

Win/win

Reactions: migi

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Says....who?

The crystal ball method hasn't worked too well and nobody knows just how good or bad things will be.

What if Joker steps into a top pairing?

What if Seabrook bounces back?

What if Cam Ward has a resurgence?

Ill take my chances on professional athletes then just typing out how bad things are my a bunch of pundits. This team isn't as bad off as many here want to believe.

And even if, isn't there another generational talent coming out in the draft next year?

Win/win

What if.

All it takes is Seabrook turning back into a rock solid top four guy, a rookie playing like a top pairing guy and a mediocre goalie turning back into the guy he was two cba’s ago.

No biggie.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
You can’t say the team is going to be good and then list a bunch of unlikely scenarios and expect me to take you seriously.

Also, yes this draft at the top is electrifying according to the pundits you just lambasted. You can’t have it both ways.

So no, it’s not a win/win. It’s a lose/win in where the loss is the Hawks are just mediocre enough to not garner a top 5 pick and remain mired in said mediocrity for a few more seasons. There’s no place worse in sports than the middle and that’s this team’s ceiling as currently constructed.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
What if.

All it takes is Seabrook turning back into a rock solid top four guy, a rookie playing like a top pairing guy and a mediocre goalie turning back into the guy he was two cba’s ago.

No biggie.
What if?

You or anyone here doesn't know how the season is going to play out, so complain about it during the season instead of during training camp.

Too many Debbie downers already

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I hope the Hawks have a better grasp on Crow now, and understand when/if he can come back. I say that as we have been held hostage by Hossa's contract and if we need to put Crow on LTIR this season, we can do so at a time that will allow us to utilize his cap hit and make a trade to acquire something back in return to help for this team...in any position, not just goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad