2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
so debating this pov is debating a philosophical poiint. there is no right or wrong in that outlook. however your premise is now focusing on whether player A is starting while player B is not. the next point is saying that this drafting was basing on acquiring more d-man prospect. so my take is this, the best choice would have been selecting a forward with pick #1 of the round 1 and take a d-man in pick #2 or the first round.

i am done here.
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here....you go BPA -Best Player Available - and you do that always...I was not a big fan of Boqvist, but if that is who Bowman and crew felt was the best, they did their job. I don't understand what a forward will do for us right now as none of those ones selected in our range made the NHL or are looking to be any better than Boqvist will next year and beyond. Plus defense is the biggest train wreck on this team, fixing that was priority 1 through 10...and you can always find forwards through trades or free agency, finding top 4 defensemen is beyond ridiculous to do.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Couldn’t have asked for a better start to insert Crawford into the lineup against a banged up Yotes offense that just can’t score. Yotes have only scored 4 goals in 5 games this year and have gotten shut out in 3 of them. No player on the Coyotes has more than a point.

:biglaugh:

Didn't realize how bad they've been...

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
People here better cut some slack to Crawford for at least couple weeks.

I am sincerely confident he is already better than Ward though.

Yes, but why the hell is Crawford not working on his game in RFD? If he's not 100 percent ready he shouldn't be between the pipes for Chicago. Seems the excuses have already begun. If he is indeed better than Ward already, will the bar be at the same level? Answer: not a chance.

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes, but why the hell is Crawford not working on his game in RFD? If he's not 100 percent ready he shouldn't be between the pipes for Chicago. Seems the excuses have already begun. If he is indeed better than Ward already, will the bar be at the same level? Answer: not a chance.
Why should the bar be at the same level? One has played consistently over the last 10months of hockey, the other hasn't played a game.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

I said I’m confident he is better than Ward now. If he is, he should get positive replies here.

If he isn’t better than Ward from the start, I’m not going to read how several posters here are complaining etc without any understanding of the situation.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If Crawford is not the best choice he shouldn't be playing. Why Hawks wouldn't insist that he spend some time in the AHL is mind-blowing TBH.

So basically you have to be oracle to know if he is the best choice?

I agree that he should have a game in A.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I'd imagine the Hawks have determined that even a rusty Crawford gives them a better chance to win than Ward.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Says to me the Hawks organization isn't comfortable with Ward or Forsling in net... :dunno:

I'm of the opinion that he should see a game or two in the AHL. But, in all honesty, when has the NHL ever really used the AHL as a rehab league? I can't really remember it ever happening. The NHL isn't like baseball. No other pro sports in the big 4, other than baseball, uses a rehab league.

It likely has to do with waivers and eligibility and other red tape. Which is why you may see young guys able to do it, but not the vets.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Couldn’t have asked for a better start to insert Crawford into the lineup against a banged up Yotes offense that just can’t score. Yotes have only scored 4 goals in 5 games this year and have gotten shut out in 3 of them. No player on the Coyotes has more than a point.

Now that I agree with if Hawks feel this is the best option ... but why not have him play the week in RFD instead? Even 1 or 2 games there would be better than have him playing against an AZ team who have no business beating the Hawks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Now that I agree with if Hawks feel this is the best option ... but why not have him play the week in RFD instead? Even 1 or 2 games there would be better than have him playing against an AZ team who have no business beating the Hawks.
The Hawks were picked to be worse than ARZ this year by some. I wouldn't say they have no business beating the Hawks. Any team can win any game.

I agree, I thought Crow should have rehabbed in the AHL for a game or two, but I think a 75% Crow is still better than any other goalie we have had the last 2 yrs.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if Crow thinks he is ready to go, throw his ass out there...he has been out long enough. I would prefer a game or two in Rockford, but this is a guy that was playing at a career best before he went down, he obviously has the trust of the entire brass to go out there, or Ward and Forsberg has simply lost much of their trust...

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Says to me the Hawks organization isn't comfortable with Ward or Forsling in net... :dunno:

I'm of the opinion that he should see a game or two in the AHL. But, in all honesty, when has the NHL ever really used the AHL as a rehab league? I can't really remember it ever happening. The NHL isn't like baseball. No other pro sports in the big 4, other than baseball, uses a rehab league.

It likely has to do with waivers and eligibility and other red tape. Which is why you may see young guys able to do it, but not the vets.
Not very often but it does happen. Pekka Rinne and Zach Parise come to mind immediately but Im sure there are more.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
There is really no way throwing Crawford into an NHL game after 10 months off is the best approach here. Games are WAY different than practices and there is no way to simulate them. He should be playing at least one game in Rockford, if not more.

Rinne
Bernier
Patrick Nemeth
Josh Anderson
Parise
Eddie Lack
Bolland
Turris
Harding
Cam Ward
Steve Mason
Robin Lehner

Conditioning stints are actually quite common..... Especially for goalies.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
There is really no way throwing Crawford into an NHL game after 10 months off is the best approach here. Games are WAY different than practices and there is no way to simulate them. He should be playing at least one game in Rockford, if not more.

Rinne
Bernier
Patrick Nemeth
Josh Anderson
Parise
Eddie Lack
Bolland
Turris
Harding
Cam Ward
Steve Mason
Robin Lehner

Conditioning stints are actually quite common..... Especially for goalies.

Not all that common. You could find 100 baseball players who had them in a single season, if not more. You listed a dozen in the past 10 NHL seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad