2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think Toews and Kane will be still pretty good as the DMen mature. Seabrook, Keith, and Crow are already on a downtrend.

As for the defensive core ... we're going have to hope that Keith and Joker make a legit 1st pairing. Perhaps Boqvist and Seabrook make a good 3rd pairing. And Forsling and Murphy develop into a passable 2nd pairing.

I believe signing another top 6 forward is the better plan and hope Crow is most of the way back with 2-3 years in the tank.

Another top forward would be good for entertainment purposes in the RS perhaps but not to come anywhere close to being a SC contender.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Another top forward would be good for entertainment purposes in the RS perhaps but not to come anywhere close to being a SC contender.
Who can we sign as a UFA DMen next year? Erik Karlsson? I think we made our bed with Forsling and Murphy for the next 2 years. We have to pray they are a passable 2nd pairing. Yeah ... it makes me feel queasy too.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Who can we sign as a UFA DMen next year? Erik Karlsson? I think we made our bed with Forsling and Murphy for the next 2 years. We have to pray they are a passable 2nd pairing. Yeah ... it makes me feel queasy too.
Stralman and Myers would be the best affordable options. EK is not affordable.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
how is it a better choice when the draft was all about Dmen. Zadina isn't even playing in Detroit, I believe he is in the AHL, so how is he helping Detroit any more than Boquist for the Hawks. Walstrom also isn't playing for NYI
ummm well if you are grading the players b/c they are playing in the minors or in college. well Boquist is playing in the minors as well.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
noticed how I left those out lol!!

George is a good heart, I have a soft spot for him, but I cringe on a number of his takes and wish he would just tone it down a bit...and I wish he would stop calling him "Brinsky" like we are at a ****ing frat house or something!

I will say this though, I think Cat's play away from the puck has been solid, he has had some nice stick checks as well as a few real nice breakups of an odd man rush...he is only going to get better which is likely George's point, but he in no way shape or form will be in the Patrick Kane level of a player...like ever...lol..and I am apparently "Brinsky's" 2nd biggest fan...we know who #1 is!!
this being his 2nd yr and i see Cat having more confidence in his play. this really impress me.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The offense of the future means nothing if the defense sucks... The defense is older. It's a bigger need. Why do I have to keep saying this? It's like I'm talking to a wall. :shakehead
b/c the team has a surplus of young defense developing.... the team will play 6 d-men.... the team carry's 12 forwards/centers......

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We already have Joki here and Forsling has to be close to sticking this season. That is two spots for youngsters this season already. Add one of Mitchell, Boqvist, or Beaudin next season. That's half our defensive core consisting of young and promising players.

It's unrealistic to expect all of the to be ready so soon, but we'll have a few young guns on the backend next year and that trend will continue for a few years.
also add Rutta and Gustafsson to that list.

edit..... forgot ... need to add Murphy

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
signing a EK will be economically impossible.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
No to Jake Gardiner. I do like his offensive instincts but he will want Seabrook money and he is only very good #4, low-end #3 in this league. Offensive weapon.

I may be off with my evaluation but I value two-way play more than offensive play with Gustafsson-lite turnovers.

Reactions: BobbyJet

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
ummm well if you are grading the players b/c they are playing in the minors or in college. well Boquist is playing in the minors as well.

That's my point, you stated that picking Zadina or Wahlstrom was better than picking Boquist. The draft was about Dmen for 2018 and the Hawks got one of the best and true he isn't ready yet but neither is Zadina or Wahlstrom so how are they the better choice when they aren't ready to play this year either. I'm sure the Hawks could find a top 6 forward easier than a top 4 D.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
is there something around saad and eberle. i doubt hes going back to long island after this year maybe they want to cash in

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That's my point, you stated that picking Zadina or Wahlstrom was better than picking Boquist. The draft was about Dmen for 2018 and the Hawks got one of the best and true he isn't ready yet but neither is Zadina or Wahlstrom so how are they the better choice when they aren't ready to play this year either. I'm sure the Hawks could find a top 6 forward easier than a top 4 D.
Remember ... "u" after "q" unless you are in Sweden. Apparently, it's anarchy when it comes to the use of consonants. Hjalmarsson, Boqvist ... it's mayhem.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
so debating this pov is debating a philosophical poiint. there is no right or wrong in that outlook. however your premise is now focusing on whether player A is starting while player B is not. the next point is saying that this drafting was basing on acquiring more d-man prospect. so my take is this, the best choice would have been selecting a forward with pick #1 of the round 1 and take a d-man in pick #2 or the first round.

i am done here.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
saad for eberle resigned 6 for 7

Debrincat-Toews-Kahun
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Anisimov-Eberle
Fortin-Kruger-Johnson
Kunitz

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
saad for eberle resigned 6 for 7

Debrincat-Toews-Kahun
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Anisimov-Eberle
Fortin-Kruger-Johnson
Kunitz

I’d absolutely put Eberle with Kane.

More than 200 shots on goal two years ago, and more than 180 last year. He’s the sniping option Kane needs.

Not sure how much he has play on his offwing, but I’m willing to let him work into it if he’s going to shoot the puck 200 times.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Here's hoping, though obviously you can't remotely have immediate high expectations for a guy that hasn't seen NHL action for close to a year.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Couldn’t have asked for a better start to insert Crawford into the lineup against a banged up Yotes offense that just can’t score. Yotes have only scored 4 goals in 5 games this year and have gotten shut out in 3 of them. No player on the Coyotes has more than a point.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad