2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Easier said than done. Teams dont usually trade their top 5 picks... and when they do, the team trading up gives up a ton...
true and the price would have been steep to pay.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Future Toews and Kane type of players aren't drafted with the 10th, or 15th, or 30th pick in the 1st round. They're taken Top 3 overall... Which is something the Hawks haven't done since drafting Kane.

Aren't you forgetting someone?
upload_2018-10-16_18-14-22.jpeg

I was drafted 39th overall.

Although, i do understand what you are saying.

Reactions: pvr

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
While Cat is a great player, and a top 6 guy. He's not Toews(in his prime after drafted). Or even Toews this year, so far. He's not Kane. He's just a very good top line guy.

I respect your opinion, but me thinks one feline named player will change your mind after this ongoing season.
- believe in the cat, cat is good, cat is wise

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I respect your opinion, but me thinks one feline named player will change your mind after this ongoing season.
- believe in the cat, cat is good, cat is wise

What is he going to change my mind about, though? I think he's a top line player. I predict that he'll score 40 goals, and finish somewhere around 70+ points. That's an outstanding player. His shot is elite. The rest of his play is not on the same level as his shot. He's not a kid that completely turns around a franchise. That's all I'm saying.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What is he going to change my mind about, though? I think he's a top line player. I predict that he'll score 40 goals, and finish somewhere around 70+ points. That's an outstanding player. His shot is elite. The rest of his play is not on the same level as his shot. He's not a kid that completely turns around a franchise. That's all I'm saying.

You have your opinion, i have mine, i hope you respect mine as i yours. You are not a believer, i get that and i respect that.
For me, how i see DeBrincat play,his game, he is already Hawks best player, with a margin.

There is not a single player in this league with higher hockey IQ, You say his shot is his best attribute?
that obviously says to me; you do not know enough about him, what kind of player he is, how he play's the game.
- his best attribute is his game without the puck, 2nd best is his ability to pass the puck forwards in transition stage,
and pass the puck, generally speaking, his shot comes in 3rd, it isn't his shot what makes him score so many goals you know,
it just may seem so, if one does not have the ability to analyze the game at the level how DeBrincat analyzes the game,
when the game is going, he play's the game as chess player plays chess.

Now obviously this is my opinion, each and everyone can make their own opinions about him
that does not mean either this or that, its just all opinions.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You have your opinion, i have mine, i hope you respect mine as i yours. You are not a believer, i get that and i respect that.
For me, how i see DeBrincat play,his game, he is already Hawks best player, with a margin.

There is not a single player in this league with higher hockey IQ, You say his shot is his best attribute?
that obviously says to me; you do not know enough about him, what kind of player he is, how he play's the game.
- his best attribute is his game without the puck, 2nd best is his ability to pass the puck forwards in transition stage,
and pass the puck, generally speaking, his shot comes in 3rd, it isn't his shot what makes him score so many goals you know,
it just may seem so, if one does not have the ability to analyze the game at the level how DeBrincat analyzes the game,
when the game is going, he play's the game as chess player plays chess.

Now obviously this is my opinion, each and everyone can make their own opinions about him
that does not mean either this or that, its just all opinions.

Not a believer... :laugh: I believe Cat is a very, very good hockey player.

Sorry, Cat isn't better than Kane, though. He's just not. And when it comes to importance to the team, he's not more important than Toews, a guy who plays a 200 foot game better than almost any player in the league.

And his best attribute is a devastating release on his shot. But his ability to find the soft zones and open areas in the offensive zone are a huge part of it(which goes to his hockey IQ) so I agree with you on that to an extent. But without his release, that wouldn't matter. He would just be another 20-30 goal scorer in this league. A dime-a-dozen top 6 player.

Respecting an opinion is fine, when it's not bordering on delusion and obsession. You seem to not be able to be objective when it comes to him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Sorry, Cat isn't better than Kane, though. He's just not. And when it comes to importance to the team, he's not more important than Toews, a guy who plays a 200 foot game better than almost any player in the league.

And his best attribute is a devastating release on his shot. But his ability to find the soft zones and open areas in the offensive zone are a huge part of it(which goes to his hockey IQ) so I agree with you on that to an extent. But without his release, that wouldn't matter. He would just be another 20-30 goal scorer in this league. A dime-a-dozen top 6 player.

Respecting an opinion is fine, when it's not bordering on delusion and obsession. You seem to not be able to be objective when it comes to him.
for me and my 2 cents, Cat has a lot to go to surpass Kane and that is fine to hope. i hope he can develop along those lofty lines of development. but i hate to say this, until that happens, Kane is and should stand heads and shoulders above everyone else the org gets.

but like i keep saying, these are my opinions and well....... i am usually 98 % right :laugh: :devdance:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

drink the cool-aide!!!

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
for me and my 2 cents, Cat has a lot to go to surpass Kane and that is fine to hope. i hope he can develop along those lofty lines of development. but i hate to say this, until that happens, Kane is and should stand heads and shoulders above everyone else the org gets.

but like i keep saying, these are my opinions and well....... i am usually 98 % right :laugh: :devdance:

LDF’s take is much more rational than GeorgeLeafers’

Reactions: migi and ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
When you’re a grown man talking about a 20 year old kid like he is the leader of a religion, that should be a sign you need to take a few steps back.

DeBrincat is awesome and will be among the better snipers in the league, but he’s not Kane. It’s not hard to realize that.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
the D's that the Bhawks have keyed on, well they need time to develop, that is my point.

last yr, a move up to get a Filip Zadina or Oliver Wahlstrom would have been a better choice ..... don't get me wrong, i like Adam Boqvist but my main beef with SB is he does not or have not the ability to see what wrong with the current team... the team in real life.

he good to great on scouting..... but he can't fix a team.

how is it a better choice when the draft was all about Dmen. Zadina isn't even playing in Detroit, I believe he is in the AHL, so how is he helping Detroit any more than Boquist for the Hawks. Walstrom also isn't playing for NYI

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He's drinking something. Don't think its kool-aid though.
George is passionate, and always respectful...he goes over the top for players he likes but hell we all do in different ways.

Nothing you said was incorrect, wrong, or not believing hahahaha...

For a long time prior to the Hawks even drafting Cat, there were a few of us constantly talking about his play with Erie on other threads, he was right there with me on a lot of it...so Cat is his boy, I just think his expectations are a bit extreme because it is obvious to see like with most goal scorers they (Cat included) need two things:
- they need a player to typically generate offense for them, i,e a top center, and they need someone competent on their line to help play defense as they usually lack in that department as well. None of these are shots on Cat, just the reality of who he is and that is still a great goal scoring forward who should hit 40 goals within the next 2 seasons.

Reactions: LDF and ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
George is passionate, and always respectful...he goes over the top for players he likes but hell we all do in different ways.

Nothing you said was incorrect, wrong, or not believing hahahaha...

For a long time prior to the Hawks even drafting Cat, there were a few of us constantly talking about his play with Erie on other threads, he was right there with me on a lot of it...so Cat is his boy, I just think his expectations are a bit extreme because it is obvious to see like with most goal scorers they (Cat included) need two things:
- they need a player to typically generate offense for them, i,e a top center, and they need someone competent on their line to help play defense as they usually lack in that department as well. None of these are shots on Cat, just the reality of who he is and that is still a great goal scoring forward who should hit 40 goals within the next 2 seasons.

I know. :laugh:

I understand he's passionate and respectful, just don't be delusional and biased. No higher hockey IQ in the NHL??? :eek::confused:

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know. :laugh:

I understand he's passionate and respectful, just don't be delusional and biased. No higher hockey IQ in the NHL??? :eek::confused:
noticed how I left those out lol!!

George is a good heart, I have a soft spot for him, but I cringe on a number of his takes and wish he would just tone it down a bit...and I wish he would stop calling him "Brinsky" like we are at a f***ing frat house or something!

I will say this though, I think Cat's play away from the puck has been solid, he has had some nice stick checks as well as a few real nice breakups of an odd man rush...he is only going to get better which is likely George's point, but he in no way shape or form will be in the Patrick Kane level of a player...like ever...lol..and I am apparently "Brinsky's" 2nd biggest fan...we know who #1 is!!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
noticed how I left those out lol!!

George is a good heart, I have a soft spot for him, but I cringe on a number of his takes and wish he would just tone it down a bit...and I wish he would stop calling him "Brinsky" like we are at a ****ing frat house or something!

I will say this though, I think Cat's play away from the puck has been solid, he has had some nice stick checks as well as a few real nice breakups of an odd man rush...he is only going to get better which is likely George's point, but he in no way shape or form will be in the Patrick Kane level of a player...like ever...lol..and I am apparently "Brinsky's" 2nd biggest fan...we know who #1 is!!

Yep. He has shown he can be defensively responsible, and a solid enough two-way player, that he should be bordering on All-Star level throughout his career. I expect moving forward he'll be a 40/30 type of guy, with average D. With regular top PP time(which he's getting now) he could crack 40/40 IMO.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
how is it a better choice when the draft was all about Dmen. Zadina isn't even playing in Detroit, I believe he is in the AHL, so how is he helping Detroit any more than Boquist for the Hawks. Walstrom also isn't playing for NYI
lets roll back the idea that those org needs is the same as the Bhawks and their management decision will be the same. i would have been excited on either one of those offensive players being selected. they can be the nucleolus of adding to the offense of the future.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lets roll back the idea that those org needs is the same as the Bhawks and their management decision will be the same. i would have been excited on either one of those offensive players being selected. they can be the nucleolus of adding to the offense of the future.

The offense of the future means nothing if the defense sucks... The defense is older. It's a bigger need. Why do I have to keep saying this? It's like I'm talking to a wall. :shakehead

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The offense of the future means nothing if the defense sucks... The defense is older. It's a bigger need. Why do I have to keep saying this? It's like I'm talking to a wall. :shakehead

Because many folks are under the delusion that somehow all the potential prospect Dmen recently drafted will somehow be NHL ready as soon as next season. That is very optimistic if not downright unrealistic. It is more likely that the current core will be long past their prime by the time that happens. The search for a decent Dman should have been on Stan's priority list for well over a year now. The longer Hawks remain status quo in the back end the older the core gets on a team that is not a contender.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We already have Joki here and Forsling has to be close to sticking this season. That is two spots for youngsters this season already. Add one of Mitchell, Boqvist, or Beaudin next season. That's half our defensive core consisting of young and promising players.

It's unrealistic to expect all of the to be ready so soon, but we'll have a few young guns on the backend next year and that trend will continue for a few years.

Reactions: LDF

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Because many folks are under the delusion that somehow all the potential prospect Dmen recently drafted will somehow be NHL ready as soon as next season. That is very optimistic if not downright unrealistic. It is more likely that the current core will be long past their prime by the time that happens. The search for a decent Dman should have been on Stan's priority list for well over a year now. The longer Hawks remain status quo in the back end the older the core gets on a team that is not a contender.
I think Toews and Kane will be still pretty good as the DMen mature. Seabrook, Keith, and Crow are already on a downtrend.

As for the defensive core ... we're going have to hope that Keith and Joker make a legit 1st pairing. Perhaps Boqvist and Seabrook make a good 3rd pairing. And Forsling and Murphy develop into a passable 2nd pairing.

I believe signing another top 6 forward is the better plan and hope Crow is most of the way back with 2-3 years in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad