2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
While they need forwards, it's pretty damn obvious watching the games that the D is the big issue, and was needed in the draft. And great D are far harder to come by than good forwards.
the D's that the Bhawks have keyed on, well they need time to develop, that is my point.

last yr, a move up to get a Filip Zadina or Oliver Wahlstrom would have been a better choice ..... don't get me wrong, i like Adam Boqvist but my main beef with SB is he does not or have not the ability to see what wrong with the current team... the team in real life.

he good to great on scouting..... but he can't fix a team.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
the D's that the Bhawks have keyed on, well they need time to develop, that is my point.

last yr, a move up to get a Filip Zadina or Oliver Wahlstrom would have been a better choice ..... don't get me wrong, i like Adam Boqvist but my main beef with SB is he does not or have not the ability to see what wrong with the current team... the team in real life.

he good to great on scouting..... but he can't fix a team.

Wrong. 2013? 2015?

And what is wrong with the current team? The defense. Not the forwards... He drafted for the D because the D are the issue... Odds are highly likely that a forward drafted in that spot is not in the NHL yet, either.

They're top 5 in goals for. They're top 10 in SH%. They're top 6 in shots. They're top 3 in even strength goals for.

Their problem is not the forwards. At all. Not even close.

You're just wrong on this one.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Wrong. 2013? 2015?

And what is wrong with the current team? The defense. Not the forwards... He drafted for the D because the D are the issue... Odds are highly likely that a forward drafted in that spot is not in the NHL yet, either.

They're top 5 in goals for. They're top 10 in SH%. They're top 6 in shots. They're top 3 in even strength goals for.

It's not the forwards.....yet.
What is going to happen when the scoring from DCat, Kane, and Toews dries up? They aren't going to score at a goal per game pace the entire season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's not the forwards.....yet.
What is going to happen when the scoring from DCat, Kane, and Toews dries up? They aren't going to score at a goal per game pace the entire season.

Even still. It's not the top 6 at all. They need some balance/offense from their bottom 6. A couple of call-ups can help with that, potentially. The big issue is the D. And will be the issue all season long, unless they get healthy, and take steps forward as a unit. I don't know how anyone could think this team's issue is anything other than their defense.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Even still. It's not the top 6 at all. They need some balance/offense from their bottom 6. A couple of call-ups can help with that, potentially. The big issue is the D. And will be the issue all season long, unless they get healthy, and take steps forward as a unit. I don't know how anyone could think this team's issue is anything other than their defense.
Definitely not the top 6, but our depth will bite us in the ass when the Top 6 struggles to score.
But yes, it's obvious our D is the big weak link.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Most of these Saad trade scenarios are wishful thinking. He needs to be productive over the course of probably months, 'cause he's damaged goods right now.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Definitely not the top 6, but our depth will bite us in the ass when the Top 6 struggles to score.
But yes, it's obvious our D is the big weak link.

And a top 10 pick at forward wouldn't have changed that. Which is the point I was trying to make to LDF. Especially since that player is likely not even in the NHL this year.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Wrong. 2013? 2015?

ok the forward you are talking or hinting may not full full a line #1 type of forward.

he is behind in fixing the team. this goes back several yrs and now it is obvious the team is behind in the personnel to step in and assume the responsibility of line 1 or 2.

Schmaltz and or the Cat does not a full team. Kahun has not fully shown he is the answer. T+K is getting older.

the NHL and NHL Players' Association needs to work out a deal for a new contract but hedging everything on that possible discussion should not affect the draft ....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
yet line 3 or 4 is not setting the team on fire with their scoring.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I agree. I was just pointing out that our forwards will be a problem eventually.
every season, players get hot and cold..... right now the Bhawks line 1 and 2 are hot...... how long will they carry the team ???

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Unless guys like Fortin and Sikura and Hayden start to produce some offense. I expect they eventually will. Just need to be patient.
I don't see it from Fortin, of Hayden, offensively. Fortin has no finish, and I can only see Hayden producing if he is put on Kanes line.
And I see Sikura in the AHL for the majority of the year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
ok the forward you are talking or hinting may not full full a line #1 type of forward.

he is behind in fixing the team. this goes back several yrs and now it is obvious the team is behind in the personnel to step in and assume the responsibility of line 1 or 2.

Schmaltz and or the Cat does not a full team. Kahun has not fully shown he is the answer. T+K is getting older.

the NHL and NHL Players' Association needs to work out a deal for a new contract but hedging everything on that possible discussion should not affect the draft ....

Now I really have no idea what you're talking about.

The team is behind in the personnel for the top 6 because the Hawks have been drafting very late in the first round for years, up until recently, and with those recent picks, the defense was addressed first, as they're older than the offensive core. You don't find many top 6 forwards sitting at 30th in the 1st round. And again, the top 6 isn't the issue. The bottom 6 depth is...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
And a top 10 pick at forward wouldn't have changed that. Which is the point I was trying to make to LDF. Especially since that player is likely not even in the NHL this year.
no or maybe not, the 2 forwards can or could have been either the future T or K going forward....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don't see it from Fortin, of Hayden, offensively. Fortin has no finish, and I can only see Hayden producing if he is put on Kanes line.
And I see Sikura in the AHL for the majority of the year.
Hayden, i see him as a line 4 or maybe a line 3...... not a top line forward. the jury is still out on Sikura.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hayden, i see him as a line 4 or maybe a line 3...... not a top line forward. the jury is still out on Sikura.

Again.. I'm not talking about the top 6, because the top 6 is NOT the issue. The scoring from the bottom 6 is the issue. They need DEPTH on offense. The top 6 is good. The bottom 6 is not.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Again.. I'm not talking about the top 6, because the top 6 is NOT the issue. The scoring from the bottom 6 is the issue. They need DEPTH on offense. The top 6 is good. The bottom 6 is not.
with this point ..... i am in agreement. even thou my 10 game probation is not there.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and you can see the future......

they will have a great future. i just hope they will develop....

Future Toews and Kane type of players aren't drafted with the 10th, or 15th, or 30th pick in the 1st round. They're taken Top 3 overall... Which is something the Hawks haven't done since drafting Kane.

Reactions: goldenbladz1

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Now I really have no idea what you're talking about.

The team is behind in the personnel for the top 6 because the Hawks have been drafting very late in the first round for years, up until recently, and with those recent picks, the defense was addressed first, as they're older than the offensive core. You don't find many top 6 forwards sitting at 30th in the 1st round. And again, the top 6 isn't the issue. The bottom 6 depth is...
i am talking about getting players who are young and fill up the systems with bodies who can slide in line 1 or 2 on any teams.

the team thrives on who the key members performs.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Future Toews and Kane type of players aren't drafted with the 10th, or 15th, or 30th pick in the 1st round. They're taken Top 3 overall... Which is something the Hawks haven't done since drafting Kane.
and as i mention before, work out a trade to move up ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad