2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Let’s make $1000 bet now about that.

Well you know somebody is getting fired either in season or afterwards if this thing goes South and as of right now a aging core and your number 1 goalie claiming he is not 100% ready and the same defense that was atrocious last year back again, with only hope the youth will make some impact and toews and Keith both find the fountain of youth .

I'm speculating that Chelios would be the guy next , he was already in management with Detroit, hometown guy who we loved , and it's coincidental that he was just named ambassador.

I think he would be given the opportunity.

Who else is out their that is available .? So yeah id take that bet.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Seems more likely Colliton takes over and Chelios and Granoto are on the staff.

That's a possibility , but coach Q is a icon by the fans and firing him and putting in a guy with no real name recognition to help ease the potential drop off in fans and ticket sales. I think they would want to give the impression all is not lost.

But hey it's just for fun to see who people have in mind

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm not sure how soon Chelios will, if ever, want to be a full time employee. He has his family he wants to care for and even in Detroit he was a development D coach but didn't travel or leave.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
From all accounts at USA Hockey, Chelios has been amazing with coaching for the US program u-18 teams and at the Olympics. He has gotten more out of players than others have been able to, he is a commanding presence that players take seriously.

Not saying he will be our coach if Q gets canned, but he seems to be one of the names that teams have been talking about for a while as a potential guy that could step in and have a great head coaching career. He has been behind the bench a lot more than people even realize, mainly for USA Hockey over the past 8 plus years.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
That's a possibility , but coach Q is a icon by the fans and firing him and putting in a guy with no real name recognition to help ease the potential drop off in fans and ticket sales. I think they would want to give the impression all is not lost.

But hey it's just for fun to see who people have in mind
Hiring a coach based on name recognition and not the best man for the job would be really dumb. The average fan had no clue who Sullivan was 3-4 years ago and now he’s regarded as one of the better coaches in the game.

New wave coach please. Coilton fits the bill.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
From all accounts at USA Hockey, Chelios has been amazing with coaching for the US program u-18 teams and at the Olympics. He has gotten more out of players than others have been able to, he is a commanding presence that players take seriously.

Not saying he will be our coach if Q gets canned, but he seems to be one of the names that teams have been talking about for a while as a potential guy that could step in and have a great head coaching career. He has been behind the bench a lot more than people even realize, mainly for USA Hockey over the past 8 plus years.

Exactly why I think he would be strongly considered, he has some experience coaching he does bring allot of respect for his time in the NHL and all his contributions, and his name recognition while people may say that's not enough to get the job, but from a front office perspective with being successful as a organization, they also need to reassure fans and sell tickets.

He checks the boxes in a lot of areas.

While colliton might have experience and be a possibility, I think they would want someone who could walk in and have that respect already being a ex player who is also a hall of famer

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Hiring a coach based on name recognition and not the best man for the job would be really dumb. The average fan had no clue who Sullivan was 3-4 years ago and now he’s regarded as one of the better coaches in the game.

I'm not saying his name recognition should give him the job for that reason. He has experience, he was also a ex player who is a hall of famer he is considered to be of the next coaching area generations.

Cheli is very commanding and if a teams needs to be refocused and expectations need to be set and demanded don't count him out.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'm not sure how soon Chelios will, if ever, want to be a full time employee. He has his family he wants to care for and even in Detroit he was a development D coach but didn't travel or leave.

Well never say never he will and was always a Chicago Blackhawk , and now that he is back home he might if the opportunity presents itself consider it.

The guy played how many seasons of hockey 20 plus seasons he loves the game and I'm sure after leaving he had his break and might except the chance if it's his home town team.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Caps fan here, why did Bickell get worse after the extension? Was it injuries, bunch of injuries, in hindsite did Kane prop him up, etc.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
The entire organization is having issues lack of accountability, no sense of urgency , dishonesty to the fans, and I even heard that the trades are being held up because management can't decide amongst themselves and teams are frustrated with them.

They should have fired Stan midseason when this team knew they were not making the playoffs. Stans given out bad contracts and then turned around 2 years later those same contracts which were hurting this team cap wise he traded them off with solid assets and got nothing in return.

Hot takes, city!

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Caps fan here, why did Bickell get worse after the extension? Was it injuries, bunch of injuries, in hindsite did Kane prop him up, etc.
He was always in inconsistent in the regular season before the ms. He had the playoff preformed track as being on the best line in the 11 & 12 playoffs and still great post contract in the 14 playoffs, 1st two rounds especially. Je was never gonna be worth it in the regular season but once the "vertigo" symptoms that was from ms hit. His game was just go around and be big and hit. His skills weren't working for him anymore

Reactions: Silky mitts

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Great point. I argue with a Q-supporter on another site whose argument is that since you can't name a better replacement, then Q is the best option. I have used Sullivan as a perfect counterpoint. The reality is that only the slimmest percentage of fans have any idea of who the up-and-coming coaching prospects are. I trust that Bowman has a much better list of who to hire as the next coach as some poster on the internet.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Great point. I argue with a Q-supporter on another site whose argument is that since you can't name a better replacement, then Q is the best option. I have used Sullivan as a perfect counterpoint. The reality is that only the slimmest percentage of fans have any idea of who the up-and-coming coaching prospects are. I trust that Bowman has a much better list of who to hire as the next coach as some poster on the internet.
It's a bad argument to keep a coach but these posts are ignoring Mike Johnston's existence between Byslma and Sullivan.

But Murray was probably a bigger factor, not like Crawford is bad but they need a successor option. I'm glad Nalimov wasnt traded so far as hes the best prospect bet for a starter. Where he will play this season is still up for grabs but unless Delia takes the huge leap this year Nalimov should be competing for a spot.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Have you been living under a rock? No offense but I find it quite odd that you would be asking about Bickell in the first place and not know of his illness.
Bickel isnt the biggest outside Chicago story case, geez. He's bringing it up because people were justifiably pointing out other bad cases of overpaying for a playoff winning big body guy as Wilson had become.

Reactions: Silky mitts

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Bickel isnt the biggest outside Chicago story case, geez. He's bringing it up because people were justifiably pointing out other bad cases of overpaying for a playoff winning big body guy as Wilson had become.

Fair enough. My apologies to the Caps fan.

I was a big fan of Bickell. It was painful to see his play decline without explanation - for months, possibly years before docs got it right and the MS was diagnosed.

As for Wilson: he's a keeper. Not sure of his contract status but I think Caps should extend it now before he realizes his worth - based on what I saw in the playoffs, he may be the best power forward in the game.... and he's mean.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I still wonder if it simply was impossible for them to have bought bickel out. Maybe it would of been a real bad outcome doing that then finding out he had ms. But that buyout would be over by now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Okay let's talk about facts and history. History dictates that hockey players decline around the age of 30 years old , yet Stan gave out ridiculous long term 8yr no movement clauses to Kane , toews and Seabrook , 2 of which are in decline and hurting this teams future .
Fact Stan has never really made any serious splashes july 1st free agency always low key guys.

Fact he traded away a ton of assets and got nothing in return

Tevo
Sharpie
Bickel
Leddy
Darling he let walk
Raanta,,,,
Fact this team has always been right at the salary cap ceiling yet knowing year after year Stan still gave out ridiculous contracts which if he was such a genius he would have known or foreseen how this would hurt the teams future.

History if last year's getting smoked in 4 games was unacceptable , than missing the playoffs and his prior trades didn't pan out should have shown him the door the day after this season wrapped up.

Fact he fired coach Q assistants and hired his new coaching staff with coach Q not having a say in that matter and look at their systems and power play and penalty kill Brutal.

I could go on but if your truly being honest about this teams direction and quality of the product you'd be upset as well.

Stan had a great thing given to him and he mismanaged it.

First of all you post has nothing to do with what I posted.

Bowman did not make a big splash in FA? Hossa was a Bowman choice. Can’t make bigger a bigger splash than that. The team has never needed to make huge splashes in Free Agency because the core and how the team has drafted well.

Q lost his right to pick assistants when he failed multiple times to pick acceptable assistants not to mention how long he Kept Kitch as an assistant.

You don’t seem to have many of your facts right. Bickel was not an asset, Darling was traded and did not walk, etc. if you want to talk facts you need to get them right first.

FYI top teams are against the cap in most situations. This is just how the cap works in the NHL.

If you are going to “go on” at least know what you are talking about and have your facts straight.

Stan is on the hot seat but he has drafted really well and the prospect pool is full again (a little weak at forward). Q is on the hot seat more than Stan because of his out-dated systems and constant roster mismanagement.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Fair enough. My apologies to the Caps fan.

I was a big fan of Bickell. It was painful to see his play decline without explanation - for months, possibly years before docs got it right and the MS was diagnosed.

As for Wilson: he's a keeper. Not sure of his contract status but I think Caps should extend it now before he realizes his worth - based on what I saw in the playoffs, he may be the best power forward in the game.... and he's mean.

He was just extended for 5.17 AAV for 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad