2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
The team has zero responsibility to tell fans injuries and what injuries they are, zero.

You're right. The team has no responsibility to tell fans about injuries but if they cannot provide information to a fanbase that is consuming their product then they should not expect continued support to the level they expect. No one is saying they should give away secrets that would put them at a competitive disadvantage but management should be forthright about the vision of the team and injuries after the season. Maybe this approach has no impact on the bandwagon fans and those that don't follow the team closely but for intelligent, dedicated fans it is disrespectful. Look no further than how the Cubs communicate to their fans through the press. Maddon, Hoyer, and Epstein give great interviews and provide real information.

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Powers is a company man and if your taking his word as God then I have a bridge to sell, you. He is towing the company line and it's clear from what the front office is telling us fans one thing and Crawford comes out and shocks everyone .

JJ and DP have been spot on with their reporting as of late both are saying the same thing so are they both lying or is their some truth to their reporting ?

Powers I've never been a fan of always felt he was a company man and would never be fully transparent about this team.

Can any of you say for certain that you see a crystal clear direction of this team for this year or it's future? Rocky comes out one day and basically puts Stan and Coach Q on notice then turns around and say something different.

Season ticket holders are even skeptical about renewing . Would you spend all that money after 3 years of decline and a off season of more speculation and uncertainty and questions then answers? Look at the garbage they signed a washed up 35 year old goaltender , a 39 year old has been and at best a 5th defenseman. ?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You're right. The team has no responsibility to tell fans about injuries but if they cannot provide information to a fanbase that is consuming their product then they should not expect continued support to the level they expect. No one is saying they should give away secrets that would put them at a competitive disadvantage but management should be forthright about the vision of the team and injuries after the season. Maybe this approach has no impact on the bandwagon fans and those that don't follow the team closely but for intelligent, dedicated fans it is disrespectful. Look no further than how the Cubs communicate to their fans through the press. Maddon, Hoyer, and Epstein give great interviews and provide real information.

Well said , Thank you. Your spot on and that's exactly how I see it and many hawks fans.

Once again wise words. Thanks

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Facts and history.

Okay let's talk about facts and history. History dictates that hockey players decline around the age of 30 years old , yet Stan gave out ridiculous long term 8yr no movement clauses to Kane , toews and Seabrook , 2 of which are in decline and hurting this teams future .
Fact Stan has never really made any serious splashes july 1st free agency always low key guys.

Fact he traded away a ton of assets and got nothing in return

Tevo
Sharpie
Bickel
Leddy
Darling he let walk
Raanta,,,,
Fact this team has always been right at the salary cap ceiling yet knowing year after year Stan still gave out ridiculous contracts which if he was such a genius he would have known or foreseen how this would hurt the teams future.

History if last year's getting smoked in 4 games was unacceptable , than missing the playoffs and his prior trades didn't pan out should have shown him the door the day after this season wrapped up.

Fact he fired coach Q assistants and hired his new coaching staff with coach Q not having a say in that matter and look at their systems and power play and penalty kill Brutal.

I could go on but if your truly being honest about this teams direction and quality of the product you'd be upset as well.

Stan had a great thing given to him and he mismanaged it.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I’d agree but he’s pumping up JJ so who the hell knows.

I'm not saying JJ is the all to be but as of late his and DP reporting have been more in line with what's going on . POWERS is a hack , he won't say anything negative because he knows who his bread and butter is.

Like I said are both JJ and DP lying or is their similar reporting have any facts or truth behind it. Id say with how this teams cloak and dagger secrecy and lack of any urgency to truly address this teams serious issues that are now at the forefront.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Okay let's talk about facts and history. History dictates that hockey players decline around the age of 30 years old , yet Stan gave out ridiculous long term 8yr no movement clauses to Kane , toews and Seabrook , 2 of which are in decline and hurting this teams future .
Fact Stan has never really made any serious splashes july 1st free agency always low key guys.

Fact he traded away a ton of assets and got nothing in return

Tevo
Sharpie
Bickel
Leddy
Darling he let walk
Raanta,,,,
Fact this team has always been right at the salary cap ceiling yet knowing year after year Stan still gave out ridiculous contracts which if he was such a genius he would have known or foreseen how this would hurt the teams future.

History if last year's getting smoked in 4 games was unacceptable , than missing the playoffs and his prior trades didn't pan out should have shown him the door the day after this season wrapped up.

Fact he fired coach Q assistants and hired his new coaching staff with coach Q not having a say in that matter and look at their systems and power play and penalty kill Brutal.

I could go on but if your truly being honest about this teams direction and quality of the product you'd be upset as well.

Stan had a great thing given to him and he mismanaged it.
None of that is related to the non credibility of JJ which he's saying facts and history show.

The things you are saying have no relationship to what is being said back at you. You're yelling at things people aren't disagreeing about. If there is infighting... so what? Why would that drive you to be more upset at Stan, and it wouldn't change JJs track record of tossing out random claims of trade and sign talks, where he mainly piled up claims on inside info already being reported by others. Just as the talking from MTL stuff is probably first from Pagoda, which is not to say its untrue, but why JJ isnt some great inside source but repeats from other reporters.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
LOL at JJ. I had conversation with Taylorst in main forum about trades and you really dont want to go into that. We had an argument about where this Pacioretty/Skinner rumour was originally from and he stated that there are multiple sources.

There was literally one source (before Powers mentioned it days later) and other medias used the same tweet. He used the same source from multiple different medias haha.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
None of that is related to the non credibility of JJ which he's saying facts and history show.

The things you are saying have no relationship to what is being said back at you. You're yelling at things people aren't disagreeing about. If there is infighting... so what? Why would that drive you to be more upset at Stan, and it wouldn't change JJs track record of tossing out random claims of trade and sign talks, where he mainly piled up claims on inside info already being reported by others. Just as the talking from MTL stuff is probably first from Pagoda, which is not to say its untrue, but why JJ isnt some great inside source but repeats from other reporters.

Okay fair enough . I do get a little passionate and heated about this team. Sure we had so many years of garbage then papa wirtz died and Rocky turned it around with a promise to the fans about a winning atmosphere , and to watch this team fall from grace and now we are 3 years removed and getting worse I think all fans are frustrated .

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
LOL at JJ. I had conversation with Taylorst in main forum about trades and you really dont want to go into that. We had an argument about where this Pacioretty/Skinner rumour was originally from and he stated that there are multiple sources.

There was literally one source (before Powers mentioned it days later) and other medias used the same tweet. He used the same source from multiple different medias haha.

Lol what's up guy lol. Love your passion and thoughts

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They have no business trading assets for Patches or Skinner/Faulk. Admit that its time to build a new core, Toews and Kane will be apart of it. Keith can stay but he’s not a core guy. Everybody else is fair game. Go after Jack Hughes. Its 2018, if they’re transparent with fans about rebuilding a core that won 3 cups most will accept it. The management has no choice but to accept it, so they can lie and say they’re trying to compete, actually try to compete and fail miserably, or be honest that its time to rebuild with a great D crop coming.

They already have 5 nice pieces up front. Find a top line forward in next year draft, put the cap space to use and find a Crawford replacement and this team will be good again when Joker, Boqvist, Mitchell etc make the jump.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
They have no business trading assets for Patches or Skinner/Faulk. Admit that its time to build a new core, Toews and Kane will be apart of it. Keith can stay but he’s not a core guy. Everybody else is fair game. Go after Jack Hughes. Its 2018, if they’re transparent with fans about rebuilding a core that won 3 cups most will accept it. The management has no choice but to accept it, so they can lie and say they’re trying to compete, actually try to compete and fail miserably, or be honest that its time to rebuild with a great D crop coming.

They already have 5 nice pieces up front. Find a top line forward in next year draft, put the cap space to use and find a Crawford replacement and this team will be good again when Joker, Boqvist, Mitchell etc make the jump.

They do have quite a few assets pieces with we hope will turn out to be future stars. But 5 and 6 more years we are stuck with Seabrook and Keith leaves only room for 4 guys to make the jump and get some games under their belt with Keith and Seabrook mentoring these kids but my only fear is rising salaries and have 2 declining high paid 5 and 6 pairing defenseman they will be , possibly hurting them

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Its not worth looking out that far with regard to contracts and who will be on the books. Too much can change, especially with a looming lockout.

Reactions: migi

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

I thought thats been the direction since last offseason and still dont get the complaints of no or confusing direction. Just because the prefix "Re-" was never used I guess. But when Stan always said contract security long term cap space and only signs 1 year ufas it'a been clear.

Maybe especially when Hossa let then know he wasnt gonna play they firmly decided that old 19-20 end of Hammer, crow, & panarin deals timetable was done. So whatever the drive I've thought its been a clear retool from within but moving the main 4 is impossible to do so role with them.

What McDonough says means nothing to me, any president says they want to be good any coach says it. Shanny and Babcock weren't promising last place but talking up winning and driving for success even when they were garbage. But actions are what speaks.

Stan tried to go in short term with terrible awful trades the danault and Teuvo cap saver moves that failed. They were able to retool before but they need these D picks to succeed and hope to have an Anaheim like cup win with older guys but need the forward prospects they lack to come from somewhere

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Its not worth looking out that far with regard to contracts and who will be on the books. Too much can change, especially with a looming lockout.

Well hope your right and that helps this team change some problems.

To be honest id like to see Hillman , Joki,and forsling make the jump and get a full season under their belt this year to grow and learn.
And guys like rutta,Gustafson and murphy be shown the door to make room for the future kids who will be here for the foreseeable future.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I do agree with the bolded for sure. There's is always the option to trade Kane for a bundle of talent and make this team better much sooner but that won't happen.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I thought thats been the direction since last offseason and still dont get the complaints of no or confusing direction. Just because the prefix "Re-" was never used I guess. But when Stan always said contract security long term cap space and only signs 1 year ufas it'a been clear.

Maybe especially when Hossa let then know he wasnt gonna play they firmly decided that old 19-20 end of Hammer, crow, & panarin deals timetable was done. So whatever the drive I've thought its been a clear retool from within but moving the main 4 is impossible to do so role with them.

What McDonough says means nothing to me, any president says they want to be good any coach says it. Shanny and Babcock weren't promising last place but talking up winning and driving for success even when they were garbage. But actions are what speaks.

Stan tried to go in short term with terrible awful trades the danault and Teuvo cap saver moves that failed. They were able to retool before but they need these D picks to succeed and hope to have an Anaheim like cup win with older guys but need the forward prospects they lack to come from somewhere

Well said end you can include Shaw in that as well.

I don't get why the let go panarin in the first place a guy who posted 89 points 2 years in a row and then to get nothing in return ok saad was nice but he is a 50 point guy the return should have been massive maybe including a 1st rounder and solid number 1 prospect.

Hammer we let him go knowing murphy wasn't truly that great but for the promise he may be great another bad trade.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I do agree with the bolded for sure. There's is always the option to trade Kane for a bundle of talent and make this team better much sooner but that won't happen.

I actually think that they should trade whoever they can trade including Kaner. He is the only guy they could still get a bundle for. If Toews, Seabrook and Keith trades could happen they should.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Well said end you can include Shaw in that as well.

I don't get why the let go panarin in the first place a guy who posted 89 points 2 years in a row and then to get nothing in return ok saad was nice but he is a 50 point guy the return should have been massive maybe including a 1st rounder and solid number 1 prospect.

Hammer we let him go knowing murphy wasn't truly that great but for the promise he may be great another bad trade.

cause they knew they could not afford Panarin when he needed a new contract and the brass thought that getting Saad back would perform Jedi miracles and bring both Hossa and toews back to life....

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

The problem with that is we have a horrible GM who is more concerned about the past years and tinkering around the edges, and when he does make a trade we always get the short end of the stick.

It's time for change and change can be good fresh eyes , new sense of direction and purpose, that creates hope,

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Ok any speculation that when Stan and Coach Q get fired who will be the next coach and GM ?

I'm betting chelios becomes the next coach here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad