2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I don’t understand why we even discuss lines, we know all these lines will be in the blender like a billion times through out the year and nothing will stick and the right combos will not be used Or given a time to gel. We also know that Stan will not get anything of substance and not only do we have a crappy coach, the depth really sucks. I just hope these two clowns are canned by Christmas, I really don’t care about another bad year, let’s just get this nightmare over with.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hey Bubba, in your opinion is Kahun good enough the play top-9 center in the NHL or will he be a winger? And, how is he at faceoffs?
I hope it works and he sticks, I just don't see that one skill to put him over other players. I think he will get line 3 Winger thanks to his speed. He could get the spot that was thought Hino would get.

I can see him playing a year in the KHL.

He is a ? and a guy that can make the team with a good camp/pre-season

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Going off the wall or outside the box here, however you want to describe it. The thought is let your two star forwards elevate third liners the best they can (knowing they won’t put up ridiculous stats, but being okay with it as long as they’re not getting their heads bashed in by the opposition), and clumping your most promising younger forwards on one scoring line.

Hayden-Sikura-Kane (ZS% ~70%)
Anisimov-Toews-Ejdsell (ZS% ~40%)
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Saad (ZS% ~60%)
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf/Kahun (ZS% 25%)

The top three lines roll at roughly even 5v5 ice time. The “third line” gets a minutes boost on the PP and PK (maybe not DeBrincat on the PK though).

PP1:

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Schmaltz-Seabrook

PP2:

Saad-Anisimov-Sikura
Keith-Rutta (Jokiharju later in the year)

PK1:

Toews-Saad
Defensive pair

PK2:

Kruger-Schmaltz
Defensive pair

Reactions: ClydeLee

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Can Crawford go in the LTIR if he is not ready to start the season? Save another $6M in Cap Space

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Can Crawford go in the LTIR if he is not ready to start the season? Save another $6M in Cap Space

I’m pretty sure he could as long as he has a legit injury (which the Hawks didn’t disclose last season so he didn’t go on LTIR).

If he did though, I’m not sure how that helps at all. I’d rather have a healthy Crawford over $6 million in space that you really can’t use in-season

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Going off the wall or outside the box here, however you want to describe it. The thought is let your two star forwards elevate third liners the best they can (knowing they won’t put up ridiculous stats, but being okay with it as long as they’re not getting their heads bashed in by the opposition), and clumping your most promising younger forwards on one scoring line.

Hayden-Sikura-Kane (ZS% ~70%)
Anisimov-Toews-Ejdsell (ZS% ~40%)
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Saad (ZS% ~60%)
Kunitz-Kruger-Kampf/Kahun (ZS% 25%)

The top three lines roll at roughly even 5v5 ice time. The “third line” gets a minutes boost on the PP and PK (maybe not DeBrincat on the PK though).

PP1:

DeBrincat-Toews-Kane
Schmaltz-Seabrook

PP2:

Saad-Anisimov-Sikura
Keith-Rutta (Jokiharju later in the year)

PK1:

Toews-Saad
Defensive pair

PK2:

Kruger-Schmaltz
Defensive pair

Remove Keith from the PP unit and I'm game.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I’d probably include myself in @BobbyJet camp on Fortin. I’ve liked his skill set a lot since first seeing him in the 2016 preseason.

Such a small sample size though. Maybe he just sucks most nights in Rockford. Wouldn’t know as watching AHL games is not very feasible.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I’d almost like to call that kid line the first line and let them get experience carrying the load, which many think they’re going to have to do if there’s another Cup run, and let Kane and Toews provide the support on PP and PK.
At some point we pretty much have to hand over the reins and if the core plays this coming season like last season it should be happening already...and there's no shame to that happening to the core. Everyone gets old. At some point all of or core players had to learn to sink or swim.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I’d probably include myself in @BobbyJet camp on Fortin. I’ve liked his skill set a lot since first seeing him in the 2016 preseason.

Such a small sample size though. Maybe he just sucks most nights in Rockford. Wouldn’t know as watching AHL games is not very feasible.

I'm on the Fortin bandwagon too. I watched the scrimmage and all the Scott Power twitter vids and Fortin's speed was very noticeable. It looked like he has a top gear that nobody else at the camp had - at least none of the forwards.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
At some point we pretty much have to hand over the reins and if the core plays this coming season like last season it should be happening already...and there's no shame to that happening to the core. Everyone gets old. At some point all of or core players had to learn to sink or swim.

Ya, if this is another retool season where were not expecting the team to be competitive, I have no problem with putting the even strength load on DeBrincat, Schmaltz, and Saad now.

Doing so will only make them better down the road.

Reactions: LordKOTL

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
According to the Hawks blogger on hockey buzz. Com, the Hawks have reached out to Maxim Shalunov to see if there is anyway they can bring him over for THIS SEASON! It depends on what escape clauses if any are in his contract with his KHL team ...there are some KHL Co tracts that allow players to buy our of their contracts ...if there is such a clause in his Co tract the 2nd question is whether the buy-out option is alkiwedxbwforectge start if the KHL season or only at a mid -season break time... You would figure Hawks already knew the workings of his contract such that this "rumour" would be a non-starter if there were no possibility of his escaping from such contract early ...if not ,and if this rumour us true,then Hawks are stupid..they ought to have known before letting go such a rumour out whether or not there was any possibility of getting out from that contract early .So I am hoping Hawks are not that stupid or negligent in their due diligence before giving fans false hope ...

If however,there is a way to bring g him over early ,whether for start of this seafood or at the Christmas break /KHL break somewhere near mid-season then that drastically changes the Hawks plans. .

Shalunov has been playing Centre and that could mean trading AA at some point t (start of season or at the break if Shalunov can only join us then. ...or it may depend on whether they have found a solution for 2LW or 1RW or not bevause Shalunov cam also play at wing.

The entire speculation is moot if he cannot get out of that contract early ..

Even if he can buy himself out of it, the question is how much monetary hit would he sacrifice of any ?Not sure if he enters NHL on standard ELC with bonus limits forvrookies or of it is some other forms of contract called for cases like this where bonus amount could be higher I'm which case he might not have to absorb any monetary cost to his bank account t.

If anyone can add more info to this brewing story please post.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I am also a Fortin fan and would love to see a line of which frees up the rest of the lines

Hayden-Toews-Fortin
Cat-AA/Kahun/Edjsell-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Sikura
Kx3

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Fortin looks like a smaller version of Stalberg, to me. His hands and his brain can't keep up with his feet.

I'm confused as to why people think a guy that scored 4 goals in the AHL last season, and was a scratch throughout the playoffs, can suddenly be a top six player in the NHL? Yeah, he's fast. And....that's about it.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Put Forsling there if he makes the roster

I agree with both of you guys. I attribute many of the PP1 problems to Keith. He does nothing well on the PP other than chase down the occassional puck. He has no shot, is terrible entering the zone and often just gives it to Kane, is not a playmaker, and that shot pass he tries once a games works about three times a year. At least Forsling gets it on net and you can see some actual PP playmaking instincts.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Fortin looks like a smaller version of Stalberg, to me. His hands and his brain can't keep up with his feet.

I'm confused as to why people think a guy that scored 4 goals in the AHL last season, and was a scratch throughout the playoffs, can suddenly be a top six player in the NHL? Yeah, he's fast. And....that's about it.
Yeah Fortin is pretty much Jurco 2.0

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Which is exactly what we heard about Hinostroza from many folks around here when he first came on the scene. I assume it is the same folks this time?

Hey Fortin might not make it ... but if he impresses in this years camp I want him to get the chance to begin the season in Chicago and show everyone that he can or can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad