2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Because no straight minded person would put Kruger in the line up, he is barely AHL level player at the moment,
how in the earth you'd think he would be Hawks 4th line center?

He was 2nd, 3rd line center for Checkers last season and the only reason he was able to squeeze himself
to Hurricanes line up, was because of injuries and the fact that Hurricanes center prospect pool doesn't give their
fans happy happy joy joy feelings. ps. he was a healthy scratch many times.

Dude is slow, doesn't play special teams, can't make plays anymore
cant score anymore, isn't physical, his hockey IQ is very limited,
there are at least 5 centers in Hawks roster/system who can play D either equally well
or better than Kruger. Kruger is completely useless in today's NHL.

If Q puts him to line up, Q should be fired immediately due to a mental illness disorder of sort.

Thanks for showing us you are just making things up.

Kruger can still skate actually. He has never been slow.

He has been a PK player his whole career.

While Kruger's skill set is limited his hockey intelligence is not. You aren't a really good defensive player if you are not a smart hockey player.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
there are at least 5 centers in Hawks roster/system who can play D either equally well
or better than Kruger.

I'm one of Kruger's biggest detesters here, but you are completely delusional if you think his hockey I.Q. is limited. Kruger's hockey sense is damn good.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Because no straight minded person would put Kruger in the line up, he is barely AHL level player at the moment,
how in the earth you'd think he would be Hawks 4th line center?

He was 2nd, 3rd line center for Checkers last season and the only reason he was able to squeeze himself
to Hurricanes line up, was because of injuries and the fact that Hurricanes center prospect pool doesn't give their
fans happy happy joy joy feelings. ps. he was a healthy scratch many times.

or better than Kruger. Kruger is completely useless in today's NHL.

If Q puts him to line up, Q should be fired immediately due to a mental illness disorder of sort.

I’m casting my vote for hottest hot take of the week.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Well what we want is to win and toews at 40 points as you say or in the mid 50 points as he has been in recent years will both result in losing.

That is why you let him muddle it out and figure things out with the other guys cause you know Q wont change his deployment.

While you load up on the younger fellows Saad-Schmaltz-sikura getting easy oppositions and they are going to be the ones that could play leading roles in another cup run in a couple years any way.

Toews will be nothing more than a passenger/depth piece/mentor if you will; for any future cup runs the hawks may make in his career.

The sooner we let the kids develop into what toews was; the better the hawks will be.

You’re acting like Toews is totally ineffective rather than realizing the reality of the situation, which is Toews is underperforming relative to his skill set and contract.

Facts you’re ignoring:

1. Toews was fourth in points on the Hawks last year
2. Toews’ primary linemate posted a career-low shooting%
3. Toews had the second most primary assists on the Hawks last year
4. Toews was a top-5 center in the NHL in Corsi%

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say this again, it’s possible to be critical of Toews’ recent performance without flatly misrepresenting facts. Toews has been more effective than the third-line center that you’re trying to paint him as. To be clear, I’m not defending Toews’ recent performance, he needs to be better.

As far as letting the kids develop together with softer zone starts, that’s possible without giving Toews 3rd and 4th liners. You put Kane with Toews and let defenses fully focus on that line, giving the lines with the younger guys softer opposition.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
You’re acting like Toews is totally ineffective rather than realizing the reality of the situation, which is Toews is underperforming relative to his skill set and contract.

Facts you’re ignoring:

1. Toews was fourth in points on the Hawks last year
2. Toews’ primary linemate posted a career-low shooting%
3. Toews had the second most primary assists on the Hawks last year
4. Toews was a top-5 center in the NHL in Corsi%

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say this again, it’s possible to be critical of Toews’ recent performance without flatly misrepresenting facts. Toews has been more effective than the third-line center that you’re trying to paint him as. To be clear, I’m not defending Toews’ recent performance, he needs to be better.

As far as letting the kids develop together with softer zone starts, that’s possible without giving Toews 3rd and 4th liners. You put Kane with Toews and let defenses fully focus on that line, giving the lines with the younger guys softer opposition.

go ahead and put Toews with Kane all you want that does not bother me but again it makes the hawks easy to defend, shut down them and whatever line schmaltz is on and the hawks are toast.

what do you expect from Toews if he plays with Kane? My guess is no more than 65-68

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
go ahead and put Toews with Kane all you want that does not bother me but again it makes the hawks easy to defend, shut down them and whatever line schmaltz is on and the hawks are toast.

what do you expect from Toews if he plays with Kane? My guess is no more than 65-68

If you think a line of DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Saad/Sikura are not good enough to succeed while going up against the opponents’ second best defenisive units, then why would you say they can develop into Toews?

If these guys are toast against that type of competition (which I don’t think they would be), then this whole roster is toast. I don’t think that’s the case, and I think the kids line is closer to Tampa’s second line next year in terms of production rather than being totally ineffective.

I think Toews puts up the range you mentioned playing with Kane, but that’s not bad considering they’ll be burning out the opponents’ top shutdown units in the process.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If you think a line of DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Saad/Sikura are not good enough to succeed while going up against the opponents’ second best defenisive units, then why would you say they can develop into Toews?

If these guys are toast against that type of competition (which I don’t think they would be), then this whole roster is toast. I don’t think that’s the case, and I think the kids line is closer to Tampa’s second line next year in terms of production rather than being totally ineffective.

I think Toews puts up the range you mentioned playing with Kane, but that’s not bad considering they’ll be burning out the opponents’ top shutdown units in the process.

I feel the same way. One of the keys for the second line will be Schmaltz and whether he can get his head around getting the puck to the net and getting over the nasty habit of low percentage passes that often go to no one.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

that is not what I said.

I said, if you put kane with Toews and a team shuts them down and also shuts whatever line Schmaltz is on the hawks are toast.

Meaning the hawks need to have three effective scoring lines not load everyone onto two lines and have a useless third line and a fourth line.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
So if some want to load up two lines here are a couple options but that second lineup leaves so much question on the third line.

Cat-Toews-Kane
Schmaltz-AA-Sikura
Saad-Kahun-Hayden
Kx3

Saad-Toews-kane
Cat-Schmaltz-Sikura
Kahun/Fortin/Kid who makes it-AA-Hayden
Triple K

IMO stan may be best off dealing with AA cause if he does not Centre Kane he really is useless at this point

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
that is not what I said.

I said, if you put kane with Toews and a team shuts them down and also shuts whatever line Schmaltz is on the hawks are toast.

Meaning the hawks need to have three effective scoring lines not load everyone onto two lines and have a useless third line and a fourth line.

Oh, I misread what you said.

I mean if you effectively shutdown any team’s top two lines, you have a darn good chance of beating that team.

There aren’t many teams that have a third line that can totally compensate for the top two lines being shutdown. Pittsburgh maybe, and that’s because they put first liners in Brassard and Kessel on the third line.

Sullivan is able to do that because he has two other of the league’s top-10 scorers who can completely carry line on their own. No other team in the league has that.

Kane can do that, but we can’t count on Toews to.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So if some want to load up two lines here are a couple options but that second lineup leaves so much question on the third line.

Cat-Toews-Kane
Schmaltz-AA-Sikura
Saad-Kahun-Hayden
Kx3

Saad-Toews-kane
Cat-Schmaltz-Sikura
Kahun/Fortin/Kid who makes it-AA-Hayden
Triple K

IMO stan may be best off dealing with AA cause if he does not Centre Kane he really is useless at this point

He’s most effective on this team when he plays with Kane, even if it’s with Schmaltz on the same line. It really didn’t make much sense for Q to move Anisimov away from Kane.

Anisimov as the third line center doesn’t provide more than Anisimov playing a net-front role with Kane, even if Schmaltz is centering that line.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Getting pumped every day to see Mandog in a Hawks jersey. He is going to do much better than what the naysayers are posting.
Only thing I find intriguing about Manning is that Nashville offered him more money and he declined them. If Flyers fans unanimously believe he's shit, why was Nashville willing to pay more than we did?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
People have so low expectations for Manning so he will probably surprise a lot. :D

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
First of all, if you are saying his comparable is Tyler Johnson, I hope you know that Johnson isn’t bad defensive player. And so ain’t Kahun.

It really doesnt matter how he played in DEL because in OG against tougher competition he was very good defensively. In DEL he played more like top-6 scoring player. He doesnt have to be the best one defensively to be part of the best shutdown line but his versatility fit to 4th line if there ain’t a spot for him in top-9. I want to see him top-9 aswell because I see the potential in him but that doesnt mean he wouldnt make our 4th line better. I mean c’mon, Kane makes our 4th line always better and shutdown line needs skilled forwards too. Krüger aint, Kämpf is hard working guy who has some hands so Kahun would add some.

It’s odd that you don’t see it because I bet you watched every single Olympic game and he did play against harder competition he has ever faced.
Yes a poor man's Johnson and you wouldn't put that guy on a shutdown line.

I don't know how many times you have seen Kahun live, but I did enough. Kahun is a speedy player with vision and passing. His D at the NHL level will be beyond average next season with some room to grow in the future.
I've seen him in the Olympics and what did stick out there was that his offense was good at that competition level. It's just I have seen him enough over the last few years including POs that I don't ever see him on a shutdown line (unless the lines are out of a blender and make no sense).

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Yes a poor man's Johnson and you wouldn't put that guy on a shutdown line.

I don't know how many times you have seen Kahun live, but I did enough. Kahun is a speedy player with vision and passing. His D at the NHL level will be beyond average next season with some room to grow in the future.
I've seen him in the Olympics and what did stick out there was that his offense was good at that competition level. It's just I have seen him enough over the last few years including POs that I don't ever see him on a shutdown line (unless the lines are out of a blender and make no sense).

I’ve seen him in OG so I based it on that.

I see him also playing top-9 minutes but if Kunitz can play 4th line player or Shaw or so many other skilled players, so can Kahun. But yeah, we agree that he is skilled player. I see him cracking even 35 points with top-9 minutes.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
There's one rather large problem with "have three effective scoring lines". Unless we see a trade by October, Hawks don't have the scorers, at least not under Q who seems to (unwillingly) promote his young players to play scared, rather than letting it hang out. Losing Hino didn't help the cause either.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
There's one rather large problem with "have three effective scoring lines". Unless we see a trade by October, Hawks don't have the scorers, at least not under Q who seems to (unwillingly) promote his young players to play scared, rather than letting it hang out. Losing Hino didn't help the cause either.

Yeap. I like Boston's model of a dominant first line of Bergeron, Pasta, Marchand and then a very solid 2nd line with Krecji, Backes, and Debrusk. The Hawks should follow suit by loading up our top 2 lines, having a Kruger shutdown line, and then let the kids battle it out for a fast 3rd line. Schmaltz disappeared last spring when he was split from Kane. He needs to play with either Toews or Kane. These balanced 3 lines that some people propose would produce 3 mediocre lines rather than produce 2 dominant lines and one poor line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->