Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Goaltending @ the AHL level is always a crap shoot..........

How many hot shot goalies out of juniors or college are labeled "Can't Miss" somehow they find a way and 2-3 yrs later are never heard from again.....

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"Devils Dominion"

Wedgewood could develop where as Lack will not.....
Wedgewood isn't developing into fecal matter at the bottom of a toilet.

He'll already be 26 years old by the start of this upcoming season. Lack is 30.

When you've sucked as bad as Wedgewood has at both the NHL level AND the AHL level, there's not much hope of developing into anything. His best hope is maybe he can either develop into a consistently average AHL netminder or a goalie overseas. He's been a pro for 6 seasons now and has literally had one really good season, one average season and 4 crap seasons.

Reactions: Darkauron

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

When you've sucked as bad as Wedgewood has at both the NHL level AND the AHL level, there's not much hope of developing into anything. His best hope is maybe he can either develop into a consistently average AHL netminder or a goalie overseas. He's been a pro for 6 seasons now and has literally had one really good season, one average season and 4 crap seasons.

He's better than Lack

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gryba would have to be for Bing, and that's not even good for them

He was dreadful in Edm and with their AHL affiliate as well.

He's familiar with Bing since he played there with the Senzzz

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Gryba beloved here. He was on the cup winning team in 2011
Yeah, I'll always have a soft spot for him since he's linked to that team.

With that being said, he's not a good hockey player anymore and I hope there's more to come in the next few days.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Eric Gryba when he came to Binghamton in the fall of 2010 at that time he was Not a good AHL D-man......

KK and SS worked with him and man did he develop in 1 season...... I have never seen a player (D-man) develop that much in 1 yr...... He was good in the playoffs and a big part of bringing Binghamton Senators it's Calder Cup......

I admit to being biased about that magical season and the team that yr....... AS it took me 38 yrs to get my cup...... That yr and the players that season are special to me.....

Reactions: Nubmer6

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

"Bleedred"

I made an error they traded Wedgewood...... I should of said Blackwood as he is 21 and could develop.... He is also Jersey property.........

Can't keep my woods stright............ Old Age~~!!!!!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"Bleedred"

I made an error they traded Wedgewood...... I should of said Blackwood as he is 21 and could develop.... He is also Jersey property.........

Can't keep my woods stright............ Old Age~~!!!!!
HAHAHAHA.

I know the feeling!:laugh:

It really gets to you! That's what I was saying the last couple years. When I first started posting here, I would remember the most random shit from like 1993, then in the last 2-3 years, maybe 4, it's all escaped. They tell you to write memories down, but if we did that, we'd just wind up forgetting what we did with the paper where we wrote them down on!:nod:

Reactions: ZekeA

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Well I am not alone then......................

Somedays am lucky I know who I am......
Ya. I'm losing my memory in my old age too.

At this point, my oldest childhood memories are from when I was like... 26 :(

Reactions: ZekeA

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York

Didn't see anything on these guys in this thread, figured I'd post this since these guys will be down here in Binghamton. Ramage is another veteran d-man and I don't know much about Kurtis Gabriel, but his stats are extremely underwhelming. Has seen 16 NHL games with the Wild.

Still looking for the veteran scorer(s) that should be addressed.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Didn't see anything on these guys in this thread, figured I'd post this since these guys will be down here in Binghamton. Ramage is another veteran d-man and I don't know much about Kurtis Gabriel, but his stats are extremely underwhelming. Has seen 16 NHL games with the Wild.

Still looking for the veteran scorer(s) that should be addressed.

We were sorely lacking any depth at RHD down in Binghamton. I don't think there was a single person we could have called up if we needed to. This at least gets some experienced players there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
We were sorely lacking any depth at RHD down in Binghampton. I don't think there was a single person we could have called up if we needed to. This at least gets some experienced players there.
Yeah I like the Ramage signing. The Gabriel one is the one that I'm not thrilled about. 3 goals in the AHL last year for a RW doesn't get me excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nubmer6

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I fully expect Joey Anderson to score plenty of goals assuming he doesn’t make the big club.

Very high on him.

Anderson will make the club. If he doesn't it probably means Bratt will have an insane camp (which isn't a bad thing) and/or shero signs some veteran rw. As of right now we have no 2nd rw. I myself am very high on him as well and going to make a bold prediction that he ends up as 1rw. Not making any bets though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad