Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Treat McLeod as a 3rd rounder, he needs to develop and relearn how to play the game. Reassess next camp.
It's only 2 games, but yeah, I think you have it about right.

From preseason I thought he looked real noticeable in one of the games, especially late in that game, using his speed, creating havoc, more of grinder style, but still looked effective, but he went quiet after that.

So I wonder if consistent effort is not one of his issues.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It's only 2 games, but yeah, I think you have it about right.

From preseason I thought he looked real noticeable in one of the games, especially late in that game, using his speed, creating havoc, more of grinder style, but still looked effective, but he went quiet after that.

So I wonder if consistent effort is not one of his issues.

I don’t recall that as an issue at the lower level. I think his adjustment has been realizing that he can’t just use his blazing speed at the nhl level like he did in juniors. It feels like the coaches are asking him to slow down and rethink the game and pick his spots on his speed. And that’s fine if it means developing a more rounded player.

Reactions: My3Sons

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Looks like McLeod is getting a rest for tonight...not in the game for Binghamton...should be back for Saturday's game.

Laval just scored so it's 1-0. A forward snuck behind Yakovlev and had a breakaway. Not the worst of possible errors, just a misread by Yakovlev. Anderson has been solid and reliable as expected so far. Seney is playing tenacious as he usually does. I love his reads in the offensive zone, especially when on the ice and trying to get the pass to an attacking forward in the slot area, but he needs to work on the accuracy of his passes. Once he does that, he'll be deadly on the rush. Still plenty of hockey left.

Edit: And there it is, a 5-on-3 powerplay goal for the Devils. Lappin in the goal-line area with a beautiful feed from Seney.

Reactions: My3Sons and Nubmer6

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
And Laval scores short-handed. 2-1 Laval. Minor league hockey is such a blood pressure test.

Edit: I get up to grab a beer and now it's 3-2 Laval. Bastian scored the 2nd goal. Kapla has 2 assists on the night so far.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Looks like McLeod is getting a rest for tonight...not in the game for Binghamton...should be back for Saturday's game.

Laval just scored so it's 1-0. A forward snuck behind Yakovlev and had a breakaway. Not the worst of possible errors, just a misread by Yakovlev. Anderson has been solid and reliable as expected so far. Seney is playing tenacious as he usually does. I love his reads in the offensive zone, especially when on the ice and trying to get the pass to an attacking forward in the slot area, but he needs to work on the accuracy of his passes. Once he does that, he'll be deadly on the rush. Still plenty of hockey left.

Edit: And there it is, a 5-on-3 powerplay goal for the Devils. Lappin in the goal-line area with a beautiful feed from Seney.
Mcleod was scratched?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We saw opposing fwd's sneak behind Yak at least twice in preseason. Might have been 3 times.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I can't wait till Seney makes the NHL team. He's going to be fun to watch. Fast, has great vision offensively, and he's a total pest at times.

If he works on a few things, I think he could be the next smaller forward to explode offensively.

Reactions: Quest for Stanley

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I can't wait till Seney makes the NHL team. He's going to be fun to watch. Fast, has great vision offensively, and he's a total pest at times.

If he works on a few things, I think he could be the next smaller forward to explode offensively.

Could be the long term answer at 3C. Seems like that might be right in his wheel house

Reactions: Quest for Stanley

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Lappin with a goal on a nice feed by Kapla from behind the goal. But all in all they're badly outplayed today. Blackwood is the difference so far with 4 minutes left.

Devils hang on to win this thing. But 99 out of 100 times they lose this game. Nevertheless, Blackwood was just unbelievable.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Lappin with a goal on a nice feed by Kapla from behind the goal. But all in all they're badly outplayed today. Blackwood is the difference so far with 4 minutes left.

If I’m reading the boxscore correctly it looks like MackBlack stoppped 40 of 41. That’s pretty good for a 21 year old. Hopefully the start of something better for him this season. I know folks look at his less than stellar AHL numbers from last season but he was apparently playing very well in the ECHL playoffs before getting hurt.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Hell of a start for Blackwood - rest of the team has to get it together, doesn't seem like they played well in either Laval game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's a young team and they are working guys into games.

Great to see MBW carry the team on his back for a game.

Hopefully they start limiting opposing scoring chances and the season progresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad