Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
[QUOTE="HBK27, post: 150712079, member: 28415"

McLeod isn't injured - he was a healthy scratch and demoted to the 4th line today.

He has no points and 2 shots on goal in 3 games. Not a good start.

New Jersey Devils: Mike McLeod Faces Important Challenge[/QUOTE]

He's wearing a full face shield after taking a stick on practice last week.

It's not keeping him out of the lineup but
Maybe it's affecting his play so far.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Huh?

He's wearing a full face shield after taking a stick on practice last week.

It's not keeping him out of the lineup but
Maybe it's affecting his play so far.

OK, didn't see anything about the stick to the face - only that he was listed as a healthy scratch the other day.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
OK, didn't see anything about the stick to the face - only that he was listed as a healthy scratch the other day.

You're right he was a healthy scratch, but he's been wearing a full face shield the first two games, not sure about today.

If Bing plays tomorrow it's 3 games in 3 days, not surprised when young players get scratched and miss a game.

Though I don't know if they play tomorrow as I type this

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
You're right he was a healthy scratch, but he's been wearing a full face shield the first two games, not sure about today.

If Bing plays tomorrow it's 3 games in 3 days, not surprised when young players get scratched and miss a game.

Though I don't know if they play tomorrow as I type this

"Dominion"

Binghamton is off on Sunday.......

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Actually for McLeod, it was in the second period of preseason action, he lost a few teeth taking a stick to the face and was stitched up without missing the home opener afterwards..

McLeod was benched on Friday due to his poor efforts, but was re-instated on Saturday and performed his best game so far with several scoring opportunities.

Edit: McLeod has played with a full cage so no, that is not a part of the discussions regarding his performance

Last edited:

Dio

Feb 18, 2018
after watching yesterdays game...missing first 3 due to work..thought Devils had a D coach (Parent)...seems like Brylin is still coaching them...Rus.fwd coaching D...way they are playing , should be coaching the fwds ,esp with so many young fwds. This D corp is skilled and young need someone like Parent to coach that knows the game that is being played today, i guess give it time (patience)

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

MBW is so tantalizing when he is on. Huge and athletic. Fingers crossed on consistency.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
With switched goalies this might have ended differently. Johnson was just awful. Of the skaters, I was impressed by McLeod, he has some serious wheels and is a great passer. Maybe he'll turn into something after all.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Cam has a 4.59 GAA so far? Yeesh
Between the 4 games this season and the 3 games last season, he has a GAA of 4.29. Save % of .859.

Now it did take a big time effort from Blackwood in his last outing, stopping 40 of 41. And we know the goalies last year, Blackwood most specifically, but Lack(and Johnson) as well put up lousy #'s. So maybe it's a team issue, more then the goalies?

Although last night Bing outshot Belleville 40 to 25, so they did not get bombarded.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Boxscore scan from last night.

BDevils outshot Belleville 40-25, including 19 in the 3rd period. But Dev's did outshoot sens in every period. Just could not beat veteran goalie Mike McKenna, until the 3rd period.

McLeod notched an assist but also had 4 sog's, which might be a better sign then the assist.
Lappin with 6 sog's but no points.
Anderson with a goal PP and 3 sog's.
Sharangovich with the other goal and 2 sog's.
Yak with 2 assists.
Tangradi had 4 shots.
D-man Johnhad 5 shots and 7 pm's including a fight.

Devils allow 2 pp goals on 5 chances. Go 1/8 on the PP, and allow a shorty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad