Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Strange signing. He played exactly 1 game since 2016. Sure must be one of the tallest goalies on the planet.
Only three games left. This is injury insurance for Cam Johnson and also allows roster flexibility to send Logan Thompson back down to Adirondack if Alex Sakellaropoulis gets injured or shelled.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This should be a fun weekend for Bing. All the good prospects back down after a run in the NHL. Almost like a mini pro/prospect camp.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton 4 (OT) at Rochester 3 - Status: Final OT
Friday, April 12, 2019 - Blue Cross Arena

Binghamton 0 3 0 1 - 4
Rochester 2 0 1 0 - 3

1st Period-1, Rochester, Borgen 3 (Gosselin, Asplund), 16:15. 2, Rochester, Olofsson 28 (Criscuolo, Borgen), 18:24. Penalties-Tangradi Bng (slashing), 4:04; Leier Roc (high-sticking), 4:55; Studenic Bng (hooking), 11:28.

2nd Period-3, Binghamton, Baddock 3 (Studenic, Gryba), 2:50. 4, Binghamton, Seney 3 (Groleau, Lappin), 3:09. 5, Binghamton, Tangradi 10 (Schmelzer, White), 14:15 (PP). Penalties-O'Regan Roc (interference), 6:03; Leier Roc (delay of game), 14:01; McLeod Bng (roughing, roughing), 19:49; Porter Roc (roughing), 19:49.

3rd Period-6, Rochester, Asplund 10 (Leier, O'Regan), 1:55. Penalties-Ramage Bng (high-sticking), 6:37; Thompson Roc (holding), 13:16.

OT Period-7, Binghamton, Bastian 18 (Gryba, Murphy), 4:45 (PP). Penalties-Leier Roc (tripping), 3:12.

Shots on Goal-Binghamton 3-13-8-3-27. Rochester 13-7-17-1-38.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 2 / 5; Rochester 0 / 4.
Goalies-Binghamton, Johnson 11-15-2 (38 shots-3

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Is it too early to begin thinking about next year's Binghamton roster? In no particular order:

LW: Popugaev, Seney, Quenneville, Boqvist
C: McLeod, Sharangovich, Speers, Gignac
RW: Studenic, Zetterlund (?), Anderson, Bastian

LD: Davies, White, Sissons, Groleau, Strait
RD: Walsh (?), Jacobs

G: Cormier, Senn (?), Johnson

Keeping in mind that at least some of these will be in the NHL, who am I missing / including that I shouldn't?

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Is it too early to begin thinking about next year's Binghamton roster? In no particular order:

LW: Popugaev, Seney, Quenneville, Boqvist
C: McLeod, Sharangovich, Speers, Gignac
RW: Studenic, Zetterlund (?), Anderson, Bastian

LD: Davies, White, Sissons, Groleau, Strait
RD: Walsh (?), Jacobs

G: Cormier, Senn (?), Johnson

Keeping in mind that at least some of these will be in the NHL, who am I missing / including that I shouldn't?

I usually like to see who the healthy scratches are the last few weeks of the season, but Dennehy said this season is different with amount of players returning from NJ, plus all the PTOs they have had this season and that all players will be given a look in this last 3-in-3.

I think Tangradi and Ramage could be back, possibly Murphy. I think team goal scoring leaders Lappin and Pietila could get show me deals, maybe in other organizations. Walsh probably returns to Harvard for his junior year. I'm not sure if Xavier Bernard returns to the Q next season. Chainey should be done with juniors after the Memorial Cup. Need a vet G if Lack doesn't come back.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Dennehy when asked what players were playing for after being eliminated aside from roster spots for next season, said some may be considering retirement and that this may be their last pro games and being around the club. Lack and Strait are both done for the season and I don't know if their injuries were necessarily career ending. That leaves Gryba and Tangradi in the healthy 30+ crowd. Tangradi is still effective in the AHL.

I would pencil Gabriel in for 30-40 games in Binghamton next season if Baddock does not return.

Binghamton AHL UFAs courtesy of @Booba from the AHL thread

John Edwardh
Tariq Hammond
Alex Krushelnyski
Nikita Popugayev
Nick Saracino
Ryan Schmelzer
Brian Ward

2018-19 AHL contracts

PTOs

Ludvig Larsson
J.D. Dudek