Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I usually like to see who the healthy scratches are the last few weeks of the season, but Dennehy said this season is different with amount of players returning from NJ, plus all the PTOs they have had this season and that all players will be given a look in this last 3-in-3.

I think Tangradi and Ramage could be back, possibly Murphy. I think team goal scoring leaders Lappin and Pietila could get show me deals, maybe in other organizations. Walsh probably returns to Harvard for his junior year. I'm not sure if Xavier Bernard returns to the Q next season. Chainey should be done with juniors after the Memorial Cup. Need a vet G if Lack doesn't come back.
Don't believe Bernard, who turns 20 after the turn of the year, is eligible. Also wonder if Chainey gets a contract.

But sounds like Davies will likely start the year in Bing.

Reactions: Tao Jones

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Not strictly a Binghamton question, but I don't think there's really a better place to ask this. I'm looking for info on some players who made their Devils debut this season. What kind of players are they and what is their future NHL outlook? Thanks!

Brandon Gignac
Brett Seney
Nathan Bastian
Joey Anderson
Colton White
Josh Jacobs

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Did Bastian really do enough to warrant MVP?

Would love to hear from the Bing faithful that he did.

Star of the year is a pretty goofy award.

I think Bastian’s playing style was liked by both staffs. I am not sure that reflected in points but he was second in goals. Out of all the call ups he was my personal favorite. He had a few goals, he had a fight, and he does what the coaches ask of him. Depending on who the Devils do or don’t sign this summer he may be the best candidate to play RW for Hughes.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think Bastian’s playing style was liked by both staffs. I am not sure that reflected in points but he was second in goals. Out of all the call ups he was my personal favorite. He had a few goals, he had a fight, and he does what the coaches ask of him. Depending on who the Devils do or don’t sign this summer he may be the best candidate to play RW for Hughes.
I'm not sure he's quite ready for this yet, but it could I really wouldn't mind trying it to find out.

He's a pretty decent skater for a player his size and he really seems to know and accept his role. I think he also has a lot of room to improve - power forwards usually take longer to develop.

Personally, I'd like to see him stick with the big club on a line with Zacha and Wood. Wood likes to shoot a lot, and Bastian is pretty good with tip-ins so it's a good combination. Zacha adds skill, defensive responsibility, board work, and puck distribution. I think it could potentially be one of the best 4th lines in the league.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I really liked what I saw in his time in NJ. And I think there is certainly a need in our lineup for a big physical player who is willing mix it up when necessary.

I don't think we will see him on Hughes wing to start but I'd be excited to see him somewhere in the lineup. And I think if he does stick he will be the net front presence on the PP.

Reactions: Nubmer6 and My3Sons

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I really liked what I saw in his time in NJ. And I think there is certainly a need in our lineup for a big physical player who is willing mix it up when necessary.

I don't think we will see him on Hughes wing to start but I'd be excited to see him somewhere in the lineup. And I think if he does stick he will be the net front presence on the PP.

The reasons I can see Bastion playing RW with Hughes: ( Top line remains, Hughes Starts as 2C)

1.He has Ideal size to help protect the Devil’s asset
2. He is a Shooter first, good on the boards, and net front presence
3. He seems to do well with playmakers: McLeod/Hischer
4. Who Else? If the Devils don’t bring anyone else in RW is thin.

Reactions: Oneiro

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The reasons I can see Bastion playing RW with Hughes: ( Top line remains, Hughes Starts as 2C)

1.He has Ideal size to help protect the Devil’s asset
2. He is a Shooter first, good on the boards, and net front presence
3. He seems to do well with playmakers: McLeod/Hischer
4. Who Else? If the Devils don’t bring anyone else in RW is thin.

Bratt.

I could see Bastian possibly manning that spot down the road somewhere, but I can't see it to start the year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That’s certainly a potential lineup but do they play HUGHES with the vets and have Nico and Bratt play with PZ if no one is brought in?
Very possible. I'm sure we will see all sorts of lineups, and Zacha Nico Bratt looks like a very interesting trio.

But Hall with Nico has been a staple, and that is the clear #1 line, and would likely face the tougher matchups, thus protecting the rookie a bit, so I have that penciled in at the moment.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->