Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
That’s certainly a potential lineup but do they play HUGHES with the vets and have Nico and Bratt play with PZ if no one is brought in?

Bratt has done well on the Right side but he is a converted LW. Bratt-Hughes-Bastion, I hate to say it but Zacha playing offense for two weaks out of the year doesn’t cut it for me. He is a crappy top 6, Juggernaut 4/3C. He is reliable enought defensively, he is big enough to play the grinders and he can feast off less competitive lines.

Hall-Hischer-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Bastion
Wood-Zajac-Coleman
Agostino-Zacha-Anderson/Seney

Two Scoring Lines/ 2 Third Lines
Balanced Speed/Size.
4 True Centers.

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bratt has done well on the Right side but he is a converted LW. Bratt-Hughes-Bastion, I hate to say it but Zacha playing offense for two weaks out of the year doesn’t cut it for me. He is a crappy top 6, Juggernaut 4/3C. He is reliable enought defensively, he is big enough to play the grinders and he can feast off less competitive lines.

Hall-Hischer-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Bastion
Wood-Zajac-Coleman

Balanced Speed/Size.
4 True Centers.
I can see your reasoning, and maybe in such a lineu the 4th line and 2nd line get similar minutes? Cause otherwise Zacha in 4th line minutes doesn't sound kosher.

But man that 2nd line is awful young.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Not strictly a Binghamton question, but I don't think there's really a better place to ask this. I'm looking for info on some players who made their Devils debut this season. What kind of players are they and what is their future NHL outlook? Thanks!

Brandon Gignac
Brett Seney
Nathan Bastian
Joey Anderson
Colton White
Josh Jacobs

Gignac - small skill player. Transition to pro hockey has been slowed due to injuries, but still has NHL potential.

Seney - small primarily defensive C. Decent as a call up, but didn't show much offense in the NHL. Probably career injury call up type of player.

Bastian - Fast power forward. Scored a couple goals in brief call up. Probably future middle-six winger in NJ. Unlikely to be moved.

Anderson - Smart, hard working jack of all trades forward. Hasn't scored much in the NHL, but still young. Probably future middle-six winger.

White - Decent all-around D. Doesn't seem to anything particularly well or poorly. Might end up as a 3rd pair NHL D.

Jacobs - Older prospect who never really developed. Similar to White, but older. Probably high-end minor leaguer.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Jacobs - Older prospect who never really developed. Similar to White, but older. Probably high-end minor leaguer.
I thought I read that Jacobs had some kind of break-out year in the AHL, and there were some Bing fans that were surprised he wasn't called up during all the injuries.

Either way, I can't see him as anything more than a depth D for now, but it's possible we may have a better player than we realize.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Took the baby pens one period to find out about Thompson's giant hole on the glove side, which is in his case on his right. It somehow feels as if he gave up the same goal again and again and again.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Hall-Hischer-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Bastion
Wood-Zajac-Coleman

Balanced Speed/Size.
4 True Centers.

Zacha playing offense for 'two weeks' -- more like two months -- out of the year doesn't cut it, but Bastian's 7 games does?

Bastian looked good, but penciling him in for anything beyond the bottom six is foolish right now.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I thought I read that Jacobs had some kind of break-out year in the AHL, and there were some Bing fans that were surprised he wasn't called up during all the injuries.

Either way, I can't see him as anything more than a depth D for now, but it's possible we may have a better player than we realize.

I heard he's been playing well, but at age 23 having a good AHL season doesn't do much to raise his prospect status. It's not impossible he makes the NHL, but at this point the odds definitely aren't in his favor.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Zacha playing offense for 'two weeks' -- more like two months -- out of the year doesn't cut it, but Bastian's 7 games does?

Bastian looked good, but penciling him in for anything beyond the bottom six is foolish right now.
a line like that basically guarantees that Hughes wouldn't get #2c minutes too. no way would they be trusted defensively.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Yeah, Zacha had 14 points in his last 18 games. A span that (because of his injury) began in January and lasted through the end of the season. That's not a guarantee, by any means, that he won't regress, but the promise that he showed was real, and not some two week fluke.

Reactions: Owenay and My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I heard he's been playing well, but at age 23 having a good AHL season doesn't do much to raise his prospect status. It's not impossible he makes the NHL, but at this point the odds definitely aren't in his favor.

If the Devils don't fill the 3RD spot, I don't think it's crazy to think he may claim it over Santini especially if the Devils want to stay 3LD - 3RD on defense.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, Zacha had 14 points in his last 18 games. A span that (because of his injury) began in January and lasted through the end of the season. That's not a guarantee, by any means, that he won't regress, but the promise that he showed was real, and not some two week fluke.
Something like 21 in his last 33 too.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011

Hall-Hischer-Palms
Bratt-Hughes-Bastion
Wood-Zajac-Coleman

Balanced Speed/Size.
4 True Centers.

In what world makes you think Bastian** has earned top 6 RW duties?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
In what world makes you think Bastian** has earned top 6 RW duties?
I'd say it would be more about fit, and what he does in camp, more so then his past accomplishments.

Now I don't see it happening, but I can see the argument for a big physical presence in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad