Nov 28, 2014
Top performers from round one:
Sam Steel: 3G 3A +4 6SOG
Sam Carrick: 2G 4A +4 16 SOG
Chase De Leo: 4G 0A +2 19SOG
Justin Kloos: 1G 3A EVEN 8SOG
Ben Street: 1G 3A +1 15SOG
Max Jones: 0G 4A EVEN 6SOG
Jacob Larsson: 1G 2A +6 2SOG (Top +/- rating of all players in the AHL Playoffs)

Sherwood and Cracknell also had 3 points a piece.

When it comes to the discussion of who might play for the Ducks next season, I don't think we should sleep on De Leo anymore. Also had 20 goals and 55 points in 66 regular season games, only 23 years old.

Reactions: duxfan1101

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
When it comes to the discussion of who might play for the Ducks next season, I don't think we should sleep on De Leo anymore. Also had 20 goals and 55 points in 66 regular season games, only 23 years old.
I was a bit surprised we didn't give him too many games this year, he was always one of the better players on SD whenever I watched them. I don't think he has the skill to be a top 6 winger, but I think he has the potential to be a useful bottom 6 piece in the NHL.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Not only did Tampa Bay have the best NHL record, but their AHL affiliate (Syracuse) had the 2nd best record in the AHL. And of course, Syracuse was matched up with Columbus' affiliate (Cleveland) in the first round. And of course, Cleveland won the series in 4 games, not unlike the result of the series between their parent clubs.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
It's official, we are playing Bakersfield in round 2. I think they are the best team in the AHL along with Charlotte, so this will be a pretty tough series, especially without Terry, Guhle, Roy, and potentially Jones.

EDIT: Just realized this means Eakins will be facing Edmonton's affiliate. Really hope they can win it for him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It's official, we are playing Bakersfield in round 2. I think they are the best team in the AHL along with Charlotte, so this will be a pretty tough series, especially without Terry, Guhle, Roy, and potentially Jones.

EDIT: Just realized this means Eakins will be facing Edmonton's affiliate. Really hope they can win it for him.

What happened to Roy?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Drummondville got eliminated from the QMJHL playoffs, meaning that Comtois should now be available for the Gulls...

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
The Gulls had a 6-3-0-1 record head-to-head against Bako in the regular season this year, and I believe I saw that made them the only Pacific Division team with a winning head-to-head record against the division winners. Nice to see a conventional 2-2-1-1-1 format in the schedule. I'm not likely to make any of the Bakersfield games, but if any of you haven't gone to a game in Bako, the arena is worth a look at a trip. It's definitely minor-league sized (I think a tiny bit smaller than Ontario's arena), about 20 years old, but I remember thinking the sightlines were well laid out for hockey. I haven't been up there in the AHL period - my last trip was likely the WCHL days (though maybe I caught an ECHL game up there at some point).

I'm hoping the long layoff doesn't have the Gulls coming out slow -- having days to recover is good, but it can lead to a blunting of the mental edge. Eakins will have to find the way to keep that from seeping in, or else Game 1 of the second round could start the same way Game 1 of the first round did... but likely not with the same battle-back outcome.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Gulls had a 6-3-0-1 record head-to-head against Bako in the regular season this year, and I believe I saw that made them the only Pacific Division team with a winning head-to-head record against the division winners. Nice to see a conventional 2-2-1-1-1 format in the schedule. I'm not likely to make any of the Bakersfield games, but if any of you haven't gone to a game in Bako, the arena is worth a look at a trip. It's definitely minor-league sized (I think a tiny bit smaller than Ontario's arena), about 20 years old, but I remember thinking the sightlines were well laid out for hockey. I haven't been up there in the AHL period - my last trip was likely the WCHL days (though maybe I caught an ECHL game up there at some point).

I'm hoping the long layoff doesn't have the Gulls coming out slow -- having days to recover is good, but it can lead to a blunting of the mental edge. Eakins will have to find the way to keep that from seeping in, or else Game 1 of the second round could start the same way Game 1 of the first round did... but likely not with the same battle-back outcome.
Gunna try and do 1 game in sd and 1 in bakerfield for my sons bday

Reactions: HansH

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

EDIT: Also, for those wondering about Terry, I believe it will have been about 6 weeks since his surgery this weekend. So it's highly unlikely he plays against Bakersfield, but I suppose there is a small chance he could play in the 3rd round if we make it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad