2018-19 3rd Jerseys

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
PLEASE!!!!!

cQ86uDK.png
Never used to like these jerseys but do now.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Adidas did not force them to use an accent color as the primary color of their home jersey. I'd imagine that within a few years, they will return to the setup of '16-17.

Also, I'm not against money grabs as long as they're less obvious. I have one of them '01-07 Oiler 3rds, and friggin' love it :laugh:

No, but they did force them to drop either the Royal Blue home sweater, or the wildly popular Orange sweater that to a lot of younger fans represents the McDavid era. So it just seems disingenuous to call it a cash grab when either way they had to drop a popular sweater, again, like many other teams.

Reactions: Dexter Colt and A91

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Canucks better do the right thing, give the people what we want, and bring these back

10732008.jpg

Thing I love about those Canucks jerseys is that they reminded me of the Vancouver sunset when I lived in Vancouver for three years as a kid. Well... when it wasn't raining. But as much as I've always disliked the Canucks, they've always had original ideas and amazing jerseys.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
No, but they did force them to drop either the Royal Blue home sweater, or the wildly popular Orange sweater that to a lot of younger fans represents the McDavid era. So it just seems disingenuous to call it a cash grab when either way they had to drop a popular sweater, again, like many other teams.
I'd say thirds pretty much always end up selling well, especially when it's a well thought-out and non-gimmicky one like the Oilers' orange. The orange is a logical continuation to the set they had. And of course, cycling the three will keep the interest up due to a sense of novelty.

But I do understand and respect your point. I think we just have sifferent ways of looking at it.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I hate it. It looks like a hoodie.

I can’t find the picture, but take the current Oilers uniform, swap the Orange and Navy around, and you have a great looking jersey.

I’d rather not go back to the royal blues. Do something new.
I think that one looks better than their current Orange ones, though. But, imho, your idea is the best. Their primary colour for the 'dark' (nowadays, the 'home' jersey) uniforms should be some shade of blue, not orange.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I think we'll either be getting our reebok jersey or the red and green, either way I'll be happy as long as they bring back the stripe at the bottom of the jersey

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I hope the oilers do something interesting and don't just do colour change like they always do

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
German national team rip off colors.

You could say the Red Wings ripped off Canada.
You could say the Habs ripped off USA.
You could say Blues and the Sabres ripped off team Sweden.

The whole point is it's not Olympic colours.

What is sort of true is the Jets ripped off the New York Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad