Confirmed with Link: 2018-19 3rd jersey revealed (post #152)

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Yeah those are straight up just black and grey. Would go with those ones we saw earlier but they did say that they were still in development so hopefully well see something better. Seems like they are wearing them soon if they are using them in practice but arnt we on a road trip for this week?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is one of the best run sports franchises in the world, but they can’t put together a decent third jersey to save their lives.
If the franchise is going to have a glaring flaw, there are worse possible ones to have I guess.

Reactions: berlin

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
This. Who thought gradient would be a good hockey jersey?

I've wanted black back for a long time but this is going to look horrible. What a bad string of 3rds we've had.
2874365.jpg

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think they are sabotaging the thirds on purpose so they can keep blue the primary. It may actually look decent on the players with gray gloves and pads, but it looks crap for a fan to wear without those accents.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think they are sabotaging the thirds on purpose so they can keep blue the primary. It may actually look decent on the players with gray gloves and pads, but it looks crap for a fan to wear without those accents.

I've long felt the same way. The conspiracy lives

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I agree if our current jerseys were in black and white a lot of people would prefer them.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I have just as much assumed we are completely scrapping our current look in favor of the 3rds at one point. It's ridiculous to take this long over something so trivial unless it was going to be a big deal
Imagine they drop us with a whole new Logo and colour scheme. Capitalize on Marvel, and Thor themed Jerseys.

220px-Thor_%28Ultimate_Marvel_character%29.jpg

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
A black-and-gray color scheme would look kick ass on us. After all, what do conditions tend to look like when lightning is present? Exactly. It's almost as if between the black (darkness), gray (clouds), blue* (rain), and white (lightning) that there was a reason we had the color scheme we did, although given that rain water itself isn't actually blue, you could make an argument against using it entirely if you wanted to be literal.

In any case, somewhere along the way, the color balance tilted in a direction that, well, others will say is fine and they're ok to feel that way, but I always preferred us in black colored jerseys with blue as the alternate, not the other way around.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I think this is pretty sweet. I would probably still remove the pattern from the blue and white stripes. Just my opinion. And maybe smaller white stripes and fill it in with more blue? Feel like there is just too much black there up top.

Overall - what does everyone think. Should the new 3rds have a different primary logo? I feel like most other thirds have had a different primary logo. Unless this is going to be our next home jerseys?

Reactions: berlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad