Confirmed with Link: 2018-19 3rd jersey revealed (post #152)

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
They didn't listen to feedback when the current home/away set came out except to add black lines and Bolts on the pants. We didn't get more color on the jerseys or the victory stripes. They aren't going to listen to feedback because 1. They don't care that much and 2. With such a new and fickle fan base they realize they could put poo on a jersey and it will sell.

It will absolutely be that trash we saw and that sucks. Yzerman's parting shot at the team to make them continue to look dumb.

But hey look on the bright side, it won't look like a Toronto scrimmage game when we play the Leafs anymore!
Nah most people wanted a blue jersey, sure most of us wish it had some black but overall it’s a huge improvement. And it’s time to get over the victory stripes, it’s not happening.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I like the new thirds more than I expected. Still could use some actual stripes though. And still not as cool as a more throwback inspired one would be. Somehow it looks better than the leak.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
These jerseys suck, Macho's Hedman jersey sucks. So buy a Hedman 3rd jersey and we'll start dominating again?

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Lame. Fail. lol.

They are just boring. All star jerseys would have been better, or taken our current ones and traded black for the blue. On TV the gray is hard to see, so it just looks all black anyway. I will not be purchasing any gear in this colorway.

Worst 3rd Jersey in the league IMHO.

With all of the options, and themes that could have used it just feels like they under achieved.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I like it...imho their value is, more or less, 6/6.5 out of 10...
But, guys, could I say that my leaks are better than the real jersey?

GoHockey

Oct 16, 2017
I think its merchandising. I would wear that jersey around town. I think it looks sharp in that respect. They look like practice jerseys though when watching the boys play in them.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
They may look good in person up close, but they are horrible at a distance and on TV. So while they may sell, it's a bad idea b/c you are punishing everybody who watches the game except maybe people on the ice.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Folks on here are definitely in the minority. Most accounts on social media and at the game show people like these.

I think they look real nice. Might not come across great on TV but look real good in person.

People are digging the color scheme.

ArmaHedman

Nov 30, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Got an email from sales - free 3rd Jersey if I pay with a Chase Visa. Please, Please, Please do not even think of making these the primarys!!!

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Love how the leak wasn't the final product...but it was.

So many missed opportunities. We have such a cool and unique nickname, yet continue to fall flat in the marketing and branding department. Vinik and his cronies are delusional thinking our current logo is iconic or anything like that. Then to make up for the lack of black in the home/away, which there should be, they do this which is a fail. In person the fact that they are all black looks cool, and Vasy look awesome. But that's where it ends. The gradient? LOL. Get outta here with that. The fact they just kept the same logo and didn't do anything creative, anotehr fail.

They need to start from scratch with the identity. Primary jersey sets needs black and these need some blue. That's beyond the logo.

And someone said I need to let the victory stripes go? Nope, not gonna happen.

I knew the sales numbers would be high because of the large amount of the new generation of Bolts fans. Gonna be interesting to see them all jump ship when losing comes around, just like they did with the Devil Rays after the World Series. (Called them Devil Rays on purpose.)

This saves me money, but it's also frustrating because I'd love to rock gear for my team, I just can't support this crap. These jerseys are barely different than the All Star jerseys, which were also bland.

So those who hate that I rant about this, skip this post, but I had to vent about it. My mind isn't changing on the logo or unis anytime seen, but I was hoping something with the third would help me, thus my above dissertation about the new thirds.

The team said these were designed with millennials in mind. That says enough about what ownership thinks and how little they value what true fans think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->