Confirmed with Link: 2018-19 3rd jersey revealed (post #152)

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
ouch, whatever you say

It's not meant to be harsh, really. Like I said, I got the theme, but when you see a black shirt from a bit of a distance with a bunch of visible white spots on it, what do you think? You notice the effect up close, but the effect is lost once you're, I dunno, 15+ feet away from it. On a shirt, the effect just didn't translate, to me anyway. I wear plenty of black shirts ('tis my favourite color) and I sweat easily, so I know a thing or two about sweaty black shirts, haha.

I did like the second one a lot better because the effect was contained within the striping pattern, and I thought the black being used looked very sharp. You know, a "black" black, if you will. I like when the shade of black being used is a firm one.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Well the new pants and gloves outta be broken in I think there’s a real chance we see the alts tomorrow night.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Well the new pants and gloves outta be broken in I think there’s a real chance we see the alts tomorrow night.

I'm thinking at the Pens game on Saturday since that a rather traditional time for wearing alternates. Also, they haven't sent STM any info yet and I think (only been a 1/2 season STM since last season) they gave them a heads up to buy the jersey before the first game they were worn?

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I'm thinking at the Pens game on Saturday since that a rather traditional time for wearing alternates. Also, they haven't sent STM any info yet and I think (only been a 1/2 season STM since last season) they gave them a heads up to buy the jersey before the first game they were worn?
Yeah you might be right, Saturday does seem more likely. I can’t imagine them going any longer than that, but then again they’ve waited this long.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah you might be right, Saturday does seem more likely. I can’t imagine them going any longer than that, but then again they’ve waited this long.

#whatsanotherweek

Ugghhh they better not mess this up. I'm kinda meh about the silver lightning bolt on the shorts but then again I was just glad to even see those colors

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
#whatsanotherweek

Ugghhh they better not mess this up. I'm kinda meh about the silver lightning bolt on the shorts but then again I was just glad to even see those colors
Because it’s only silver on the pants makes me think that will be the only color.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
By the way they're going through an awful lot of effort for a simple tease. New pads in practice? Helmet glimpse with shorts over a prolonged period of time? If this isn't the brand new look we are gonna be rolling with permanently then I fail to see why it needed to take this long right down to making a new name plate for a guy we barely ever play

Reactions: Iceman

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
By the way they're going through an awful lot of effort for a simple tease. New pads in practice? Helmet glimpse with shorts over a prolonged period of time? If this isn't the brand new look we are gonna be rolling with permanently then I fail to see why it needed to take this long right down to making a new name plate for a guy we barely ever play

Nice avatar bro. :sarcasm:

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Well I'll be there to see the travesty in person if it happens tonight.

Glad at least they aren't doing more blue, this third still doesn't fix the fact that they need to add black/silver to the home and away unis we have.

Now we're gonna take our clip art logo and slap it on a black jersey and unfortunately people will buy it and love it because it's from the Bolts. Might as well buy those ugly all star jerseys.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I have no doubt it’ll be the horrific leaked image we’ve already seen. I just wish they would have listened to the feedback and decided to dump it all together and come up with something better for next year.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I have no doubt it’ll be the horrific leaked image we’ve already seen. I just wish they would have listened to the feedback and decided to dump it all together and come up with something better for next year.

They didn't listen to feedback when the current home/away set came out except to add black lines and Bolts on the pants. We didn't get more color on the jerseys or the victory stripes. They aren't going to listen to feedback because 1. They don't care that much and 2. With such a new and fickle fan base they realize they could put poo on a jersey and it will sell.

It will absolutely be that trash we saw and that sucks. Yzerman's parting shot at the team to make them continue to look dumb.

But hey look on the bright side, it won't look like a Toronto scrimmage game when we play the Leafs anymore!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad