Confirmed with Link: 2018-19 3rd jersey revealed (post #152)

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I wonder has anyone seen the numbers live in the arena can you see them better then on the tv ?

I was at last night's game and I could see them live MUCH better than on TV, even when watching plays on the jumbotron, but I did have a lower bowl seat instead of my usual Section 330 seat so will still withhold judgement on them for a bit.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I like the look of the new jerseys (minus the gradient), and I actually like the darker grey, but incorporating a bit of white and blue as a nod to our past would have made more sense. Can't for the life of me figure out why we've seemingly bent over backwards to distance ourselves from that part of our heritage as a team. I know, I know, they wear the throwbacks in warm ups on occasion, but it's totally half-ass, and it looks silly with our newer blue pants.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Someone said on reddit that they were going to make a change to make the numbering more visible. It would be nice for them to do that.

This is the biggest problem I have with the jerseys. The lack of contrast between the gray and black not only make the finer details of the jersey difficult to see, it makes the numbers hard to see. Love the black, just need to be able to see the details.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is the biggest problem I have with the jerseys. The lack of contrast between the gray and black not only make the finer details of the jersey difficult to see, it makes the numbers hard to see. Love the black, just need to be able to see the details.
To further the point, the gradient is rendered worthless because of this. Until they figure out number contrast all I'm gonna see is blobs. I still don't care for them. Mission accomplished by the front office for making me NOT want to wear a black jersey because that's the one they made

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah. I’m not gonna read through 9 pages of this, but I’m sure my opinion is in there somewhere. I do like the black. I just wish it were with one of the old logos. This concept now just seems lazy.

I understand trying to distance itself from the past, but the fact is, the old logos are still part of the history of the bolts.

Reactions: Todd1a

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I like the look of the new jerseys (minus the gradient), and I actually like the darker grey, but incorporating a bit of white and blue as a nod to our past would have made more sense. Can't for the life of me figure out why we've seemingly bent over backwards to distance ourselves from that part of our heritage as a team. I know, I know, they wear the throwbacks in warm ups on occasion, but it's totally half-ass, and it looks silly with our newer blue pants.

It's Vinik. He made a huge deal about changing the unis/logo, then even changing the Cup banner. He doesn't care about the victory stripes that Phil had made such a cool part of our identity either.

He thinks the new look/logo is so iconic and amazing and doesn't want to associate with the past. Huge shame too, if he had done throwbacks for third jerseys I would have actually bought one or two.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
They released a statement that they were targeting the younger crowd including millennials. This is the real reason and I get what they were trying to do.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
It's Vinik. He made a huge deal about changing the unis/logo, then even changing the Cup banner. He doesn't care about the victory stripes that Phil had made such a cool part of our identity either.

He thinks the new look/logo is so iconic and amazing and doesn't want to associate with the past. Huge shame too, if he had done throwbacks for third jerseys I would have actually bought one or two.
Yeah, that's been my take on it, too. It's kind of silly. It's almost like he knows that he shouldn't have changed the unis in the first place, and is terrified of acknowledging the old ones at all.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
They released a statement that they were targeting the younger crowd including millennials. This is the real reason and I get what they were trying to do.
I saw that. I thought the bit about not caring if older fans liked them was tacky. A marketing team is always going to think that way, but to come right out and say it is in poor taste.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't think he's terrified of the old jerseys being so much better, lol. It's more that he wants that new identity and legacy established. Forward looking instead of always looking to the past. I will excuse a little vanity on his part as he has really put the franchise on another level than it was at back then. It's really not the same team in many regards. If we win a cup with this team we might see more gestures towards a throwback with the legacy of the current team secured.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Millennial is too broad a term imo. There's a difference between us 30+ folk who remember a time before internet and social media and those younger ones who don't.

Reactions: berlin

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Millennial is too broad a term imo. There's a difference between us 30+ folk who remember a time before internet and social media and those younger ones who don't.
That is why I don’t identify as a millennial. It’s just a technicality

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
We're "experienced" millennials. Yeah... that's it.
Wise enough to know we can still do stupid things, but sometimes just too tired to do them.

Anyway, speaking of the new 3rds, is Oakley and some Lulu yoga-thing teaming up to market the new black Bolts swag? Anyone see that headline?

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My name is Sunny and I'm an alcoho-- I mean a Millennial. I was born Black Friday 1988 and I think our gradient jersey is lousy. It's ridiculous how much work I have to commit to identifying our players because the numbers are on the verge of unreadable. They somehow took a good thing and made it lousy and did it on purpose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad