2017 World Baseball Classic

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Runners on 1st and 2nd is harsh. You can score without a hit.

It's a stupid rule that needs to go but if you are keeping it just put a runner on 1st base.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
A guy pitches a perfect game, gets out 3 outs in the 10th inning, and his team wins. Years later after the rule is revoked someone looks at the box score and tries to figure out how the runner got on 2nd in a perfect game.

These games are only being shown on ESPN Desportes. The message I'm getting from Disney/ABC/ESPN is that these games don't matter and I shouldn't care about them.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I've never been a WBC guy, but this years tournament has been fantastic. Almost every game is close.

Last night was ruined by that garbage ending, however.

Really have no choice but to hope the final ends like that as well, though. Need as much ammo as possible for it to not happen in the MLB as it would ruin the sport.

I do understand why its used in the WBC, you can't have a game go on forever with these guys not able to pitch unlimited innings.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
These games are only being shown on ESPN Desportes. The message I'm getting from Disney/ABC/ESPN is that these games don't matter and I shouldn't care about them.
They're on MLB Network. ESPN only has Spanish language rights.

MLB kept the rights to themselves to help try and grow the network. That's how the TV business works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Word is this was the plan had they needed to go to the 12th inning...

MULTI-BALL!!!

netg7thh4rqtniygolfv.gif

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I hate international extra innings.....I guess for a lot this is the first time they are seeing it but it has been the norm for awhile. Forgetting even the other constraints, a lot of times international tournies are being hosted in single stadiums. To ensure games end on time is part of the reasoning.

Soccer has penalty kicks, hockey has the shootout, and baseball has this.

I actually think I would prefer runner only on 1st, but it starts right away in the 10th. Under that format, I would imagine most games ending by the 12th?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they're going to implement a crazy rule to end extra inning games faster, i'd rather each inning start with the top of the order.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I've never been a WBC guy, but this years tournament has been fantastic. Almost every game is close.

Last night was ruined by that garbage ending, however.

Really have no choice but to hope the final ends like that as well, though. Need as much ammo as possible for it to not happen in the MLB as it would ruin the sport.

I do understand why its used in the WBC, you can't have a game go on forever with these guys not able to pitch unlimited innings.

Make it a rule where the game ends say after 12 innings. End it in a tie and use the tie breaker. Last night for instance PR would've moved on if it's still tied after 12 because they were 6-0 going in.

W-L, then run differential, then runs scored.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Twitter before Roark pitches: who? He's bad! Boo!

Twitter after he pitches: oh he's amazing! Great!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: