2017 World Baseball Classic

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I really don't know why this rule even needed to be tested. It was so obviously stupid it should have been rejected outright.

I was praying for no extra innings in this game. Before yesterday, before witnessing the stupidity manifested in the Netherlands-Puerto Rico game, that was never even thought of to be a thing.

Last edited:

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Ian Kinsler turning everyone he can into Puerto Rico fans.

I don't really have a problem with what he said although I don't necessarily agree with him. Some players carry themselves in different ways. I think it's just as bad to describe Baez as a showboater as it is to describe Kinsler as white and boring (which I've read writers describe Kinsler since his comments)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I don't really have a problem with what he said although I don't necessarily agree with him. Some players carry themselves in different ways. I think it's just as bad to describe Baez as a showboater as it is to describe Kinsler as white and boring (which I've read writers describe Kinsler since his comments)
It's just such a lame comment. Maybe the kids should look up to the US, who don't showboat like the DR or PR? Kinsler's on such a high horse with that nonsense, and probably shows he is really boring. Sure as hell not as fun as a guy like Baez.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
It's just such a lame comment. Maybe the kids should look up to the US, who don't showboat like the DR or PR? Kinsler's on such a high horse with that nonsense, and probably shows he is really boring. Sure as hell not as fun as a guy like Baez.

Meh. I appreciate solid baseball being played which is what Kinsler does at second base. I could care less if he celebrates after making a nice play. It seems like a worthless debate to me.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Meh. I appreciate solid baseball being played which is what Kinsler does at second base. I could care less if he celebrates after making a nice play. It seems like a worthless debate to me.
I don't care if Kinsler wants to celebrate or not either. But he's doing the whole holier than thou thing by saying he hopes the kids watch and model themselves after the US players, instead of those Others, who obviously were raised the wrong way. Stupid, stupid comment.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I don't care if Kinsler wants to celebrate or not either. But he's doing the whole holier than thou thing by saying he hopes the kids watch and model themselves after the US players, instead of those Others, who obviously were raised the wrong way. Stupid, stupid comment.

I agree. It's ridiculous to get upset over to the extent that Kinsler was in his comments. If it helps grow the game, players can be as emotional as they want. All I'm saying is I understand where Kinsler's coming from. He was taught to carry himself quietly, to display high levels of emotion only at the biggest moments. He sees the Dominican dugout clearing every time Nelson Cruz hits a home run, it's naturally going to rub him the wrong way

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
LOL, Kinsler really backed himself into a corner with not being able to celebrate a huge hit in an otherwise pretty stupid and meaningless game by making the comments that he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00