GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Where is Roussel worse defensively?

I said be prepared to be shorthanded a lot, re: Roussel.

Plus take a talent hit? We have all this scoring and in the last two games they haven't scored a ton let alone much in the last month or so and then factor in we got all this talent and skill and have scored 1 PP goal in like their last 27 opps.

So, this is a good reason to make the team less talented in exchange for 2-3 hits a game and the odd fight?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
since we didnt add shatty this season, and we have too many forwards and we still have girardi, lets just sell off rick nash, KK, sell high on grabs and dump pirri then recoup the assets and retool for next season.

right ?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
2017 DRAFT PICKS (5)
  • 1st round NYR
  • 4th round Florida
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round VAN
  • 7th round NYR

• We lost our 2nd round pick to Carolina in the trade for Eric Staal
  • We lost our 3rd round pick to Detroit in the trade for Brendan Smith
  • We lost our 4th round pick to Colorado in the trade for Nick Holden
  • We gained a 4th round pick from Florida for Keith Yandle - condition was met when he signed a 7 year deal there
  • We lost our 6th round pick to Nashville in the trade for Magnus Hellberg
  • We gained a 6th round pick from Vancouver when we traded Emerson Etem

2018 DRAFT PICKS (6)
  • 1st round NYR
  • 2nd round Ottawa
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR

• We gained a 2nd round pick from Ottawa when we traded Derrick Brassard
  • We lost our 2nd round pick to Detroit in the trade for Brendan Smith
  • We then also lost our 7th round pick to Ottawa in the trade for Mika Zibanejad

Didn't the Rangers trade Ottawa's 2nd for Smith?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
since we didnt add shatty this season, and we have too many forwards and we still have girardi, lets just sell off rick nash, KK, sell high on grabs and dump pirri then recoup the assets and retool for next season.

right ?

Could you imagine the response in the locker room?

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Why do I keep reading about toughness? Will that fix our PP and our defense?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC

right ?

I agree, I think they overpaid for Smith if they weren't trying to make some sort of run though.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
So the Rangers should get a player who might take additional penalties and put this on the PK against teams with big time PP units in the playoffs. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sharp is out, too bad.

I like Evander Kane as an option. Physical player with talent.

Vrbata
Doan

Landeskog long shot

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What does this accomplish?

You really dont know? You can find live audio of players and coaches saying statements almost exactly like I just said. You think teams want to lose a star player to a cheapshot in a regular season game? You never notice coaches wont put out their softer players late in nasty games once they are decided?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
EJ Hradek says that we want to add a physical forward, but only if he can skate and play. Again, we all want this, but that last part is a very important one.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'd give Kane one week before violating every rule in the team's discipline policy.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You really dont know? You can find live audio of players and coaches saying statements almost exactly like I just said. You think teams want to lose a star player to a cheapshot in a regular season game? You never notice coaches wont put out their softer players late in nasty games once they are decided?

So if Wilson kills Stepan, Kreider killing Backstrom somehow evens it up? Puts the world back in balance?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Rouss has snarl and has talent. That would go a long way for this club. A Guy that is an energy player with grit, ability to dig out pucks and a fearlessness to drive the net. Put him with Fast and watch the line go off.

I agree. I like Roussel

But again, I hope I don't see complaints about the 150+ PIMs he gets a year, mostly from minor penalties.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I'd give Kane one week before violating every rule in the team's discipline policy.

I dunno...the guy can't keep himself out of trouble in Winnipeg or Buffalo, that'll improve here?

I wonder if Chicago would take a chance on him. He'd look great on Toews wing.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Kane is expensive but a good player. Albeit, I can picture this fanbase hating him after two months. Hockey IQ is non-existent.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Wilson, Beagle, those guys will hammer and destroy you and then they got the talent in Kuz, Ovi, Backy. Balance. This isn't the 96 Wings IDC what AV thinks. That team had HOF talent. This team has one HOF, Henrik. The Caps and Pens go into the corners like lunatics when they aren't playing the high flying game. Once teams start hammering this team it gets FUGLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad