GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Tom Wilson was valuable enough to be moved up to replace oshie last night on the 1st line

But yea he is worthless

oshie was hurt....

wilson has value but nothing more then a grinder, i dont need to turn around and play tanner glass because wilson is in the lineup

people are over reacting because of one game

last year pitt won the cup not because they had guys who could rough you up but because they could put the biscuit in the basket people

you hurt them on the scoreboard not in a fight for who can throw the most punches

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
lots of caps fans hate Wilson because he doesn't score and his advanced stats have been the worst on the team

he's not really "good" but he skates well enough and hits which makes people happy

I'd rather have a guy that's also good and does those things

You are right. We need a physical guy that can actually play the game as well. We dont want to trade one weakness for another. Thats why I say no to Glass.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
oshie was hurt....

wilson has value but nothing more then a grinder, i dont need to turn around and play tanner glass because wilson is in the lineup

people are over reacting because of one game

last year pitt won the cup not because they had guys who could rough you up but because they could put the biscuit in the basket people

you hurt them on the scoreboard not in a fight for who can throw the most punches

Pit stands up for themselves. Even Crosby and Malkin stand up for themselves. If they didn't they wouldn't be the same as a team.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Chicago is looking for a forward. Pokka is available. Do we like him?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You are right. We need a physical guy that can actually play the game as well. We dont want to trade one weakness for another. Thats why I say no to Glass.

Okay but with this in mind, doesn't this blow a hole in the logic that we need a "counterpart" for Tom Wilson?

Wilson is way more valuable than Glass :laugh:, not even close

lol not by much

they're both pretty good skaters with sub-zero hockey IQ. Wilson has a better shot and mobility. That's about it.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Pit stands up for themselves. Even Crosby and Malkin stand up for themselves. If they didn't they wouldn't be the same as a team.

Right, if the better players on this team stood up for themselves and their teammates maybe it would become contagious. They don't so it won't

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Can this team get Buchnevich back up here and playing? Put him with Kreider and Zibanejad and enough of the bs. Give the guy minutes. Deal Pirri for picks too. Guy is useless if he can't tee up a shot.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

this ranger team has beaten the caps 2 out of 3 this year, all games in which wilson has played i believe...im not worried too much.

with that being said we have players that should stand up like kreider who do nothing.

if we want to add a player with snarl thats fine, but that same player better be able to put the puck in the net and handle 13-15 minutes of ice time a night. i do NOT want some bum just because he will go out there looking to hurt someone

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Glass got moved up to a line with Zuccarello and Brassard at one point during a game.

Why are we using Wilson moving up to replace Oshie as an argument?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Right, if the better players on this team stood up for themselves and their teammates maybe it would become contagious. They don't so it won't

It's a reflection of the coach. I don't care if he's one of the best regular season coaches of all time, he's too soft and refuses to make on the fly adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->