GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
San Antonio Rampage‏Verified account @sarampage 3m3 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @Avalanche have acquired Brendan Ranford from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Joe Whitney.

Someone update me on what this means

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The Kings are trying to trade Gaborik. That broke over the weekend. Good luck. 4 years left on his contract. Lombardi gave him 7 years. Would you trade Staal to Los Angeles in a trade for Gaborik? Buy Gaborik out. Lombardi wanted Staal in 2007. The Gaborik buyout is pricey in years 3&4. The other 6 years are affordable.

Absolutely would

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Would y'all want JT Brown out of Tampa? If you want snarl, speed, and skill, there's your guy.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
No problem moving Pirri or Puempel, as IMHO Hrivik is the ideal left-wing option on the Lindberg line. Add his forechecking and you have an acceptable unit.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Im pretty sure our rep is rough them up and they often get intimidated. We usually lose these games anyway so might as well make a statement that you cheapshot one of us you get gang tackled. It has to be a team mentality of everyone standing up for everyone. Very few teams just totally stand down as often as we do after a cheapshot. Expecting the refs to always handle things is a big mistake.

Agreed that this is how the NYR are perceived. Have been for a long time now. Evidenced by Glen Healy's comments after the Blue Jackets loss.

“The message was sent four seconds in,†Healy said in reference to Columbus physical forward Boone Jenner punching Dan Girardi after the opening face-off. He continued along with MSG’s Steve Valiquette as they showed Jenner also shove Rick Nash during another sequence.

“The Rangers score a lot of goals. But they don’t like to play in the trenches.â€

For the non-fight fans that are appalled by the fans that are voicing displeasure.

Nobody is saying go out and get Colton Orr. Noone is asking for a goon. Those days are gone and even the biggest fight fans will agree on that.

Skating away from an altercation as if it never happened is a hard thing to understand. Cowarly actually. Its frustrates the fanbase, and can send them into a frenzy. Most clubs in the NHL simply will not tolerate that. The Rangers are the exception. They are actually known as the team that you can take liberties on. The exceptions on the Rangers club are Chris Kreider and Kevin Klein. Kreider however shouldn't be the guy to take on that role. He is arguably the Rangers best forward. Team needs him on the ice. Klein is another story. He probably should have done it more often. But...that puts you down a defenseman.

Potential Solution : Bottom 6 guy that can alleviate that role. Not an Enforcer. A guy who can play. A guy with Moxy. A guy who can skate. A guy who also has some backbone. A grinder. What did Messier call it? A western Canadian Grinder? A player that will put his team over himself at all costs. Including that of standing up for him teammates to answer the bell. A guy that can help to elevate the confidence of players around him.

Ferland is of that mold.
Roussel is of that mold.
Zach Smith is of that mold
Wilson is of that mold.

None of the aforementioned would cost an arm and a leg.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
If you are ok with what happened last night and has happened multiple other times this season then that says all that needs to be said, nothing to discuss.

Its sad this team has even turned some of this fanbase into pathetic, soft, laissez faire fans with no pulse for whent the team is getting beat up all over the ice.

Its sad when you see one of your heart and soul players in Jesper Fast get demolished on the boards and then to watch your "Captain", who not only played like ******* last night, but LITERALLY stand right next to him at the whistle and do absolutely NOTHING. No its not sad, its SHAMEFUL. Downright shameful.

There is no pride in these guys. And the fact that some of you are still "proud" of them, because you must be if you are ok with how they responded last night, makes you just as shameful as a fan of the team.

This is ****ing hockey. Its hockey. Is anybody advocating a Tanner Glass? Nope. But to say players like Shaw (who i absolutely hate), Burrows, Roussel, wouldnt be welcomed additions because of their penalty minutes is laughable. Those players are not goons. They can play hockey. And they create a presence that the other team's players have to have an awareness for. The Caps have Ovechkin, Wilson, Winnik. Who do other team's players worry about on our team? Fast? Zucc? Who makes their defensemen think twice or hesitate? NO ONE.

Hank gets steam rolled in Dallas. Not one player does a damn thing. Nope lets just take our PP for 5 minutes, which we didnt score on anyway. Just like we didnt score on any of our PPs last night. When is this team going to grow a pair and stick up for each other? We have a group led by a captain that is afraid to even look at the opposition after the whistle is blown.

Also love the references to playoff series wins and how we dont want to take penalties because our team isnt good killing them. That is why you make a statement now in the regular season and ****ing defend yourselves rather than letting these teams get the upper hand and continually stomp on you.
Agree. That's not the behavior I want from a captain. I would trade him for trouba plus a 1st and prospect

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Glass doesn't help this team. Guys that are both physical and can play the game is what would help our team.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I feel like Im speaking to a unrealistic passifist who has never played the game. If a guy like Avery or Prust lets them know that if your goon goes after our finesse players than we will do the same thing it often (not always) stops pretty fast. Simonds hurt McD. Simmonds didnt want to fight McIlrath but Mcilrath told him if you dont Im going after your other guys. That made Simmonds go with Mcilrath. By the way you are the angriest passificist I have ever seen in our game threads.

The current iteration of the NHL is not whatever iteration of the game you played 20 years ago and definitely not whatever you play currently. So how exactly is your experience more relevant than someone who didn't play in college or high school 20 years ago? I mean sincerely how are you unable to see the NHL right now is a game of skill and speed not Tom Wilson throwing a hit, and more importantly whatever experience you think you have doesn't mean ****.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I know why we can't, but I'd love to know what deals fell through.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
cant listen....but I assume this means whatever we think they had going on with Nash/LAK is off...for now.

No, it was in reference to how the Rangers are always in on a big free agent 14' MSL, 15' Yandle, 16' E. Staal, but this year because they lost out to Shattenkirk, they won't be making the same big splash.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Wait, people listen to Glenn Healy, except for maybe goaltending? Geez, no wonder people can't understand what teams like Columbus and Pitt do to us when we play them.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The current iteration of the NHL is not whatever iteration of the game you played 20 years ago and definitely not whatever you play currently. So how exactly is your experience more relevant than someone who didn't play in college or high school 20 years ago? I mean sincerely how are you unable to see the NHL right now is a game of skill and speed not Tom Wilson throwing a hit, and more importantly whatever experience you think you have doesn't mean ****.

Does Tom Wilson play for a first place team in the current version of the NHL?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Tom Wilson was valuable enough to be moved up to replace oshie last night on the 1st line

But yea he is worthless

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Would y'all want JT Brown out of Tampa? If you want snarl, speed, and skill, there's your guy.

I would not dislike it depending on return, I brought him up the last time this conversation went on, Lowry in Winnipeg would be nice too but they are not giving him away.

I'd see those types as only part of the that element though, that post before that said it starts with the leadership guys who play more minutes and bigger roles is correct. They play a big easy game when it comes to physicality.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
lots of caps fans hate Wilson because he doesn't score and his advanced stats have been the worst on the team

he's not really "good" but he skates well enough and hits which makes people happy

I'd rather have a guy that's also good and does those things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->