2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think Griezmann would come to Chelsea. Of course I buy him in a second though if he would. Others all seem like valid possibilities.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So how does Chelsea build up their roster to make a splash in the CL without taking a step back in the league? With all of that money is something like this plausible?

Belotti / Lacazette / Lukaku
Griezmann / Hamez / Kovacec
Bakayoko / Matuidi
Christensen back from loan

Adding 2 of Kovacec / Bakayoko / Matuidi if Cesc leaves as well

There's even talk of going after van Dijk and loaning Zouma, so he can get consistent playing time to full recover from his ACL. Depending on who they actually end up selling, I think we'll see 1-3 attacking options for the front 3, 1-2 CM, 1 wingback, and maybe 1 additional CB. We're talking massive reinforcements.

Guys possibly leaving Costa, Fabregas, Willian, Batshuayi, Zouma(loan). We already needed 1 wingback, a striker to upgrade Batshuayi who isn't a fit, and an all-round CM who can score and attack while being solid defensively.

If you lose Willian, then you need another attacking option for the front 3, same with Costa. If you lose Fabregas, you either promote a youth or find another CM for depth, assuming you already bring in a Bakayoko. And then CB is a tossup, but you have Christensen, Zouma, and Ake, so we don't really need to add much.

Chelsea could spend 250 million and legitimately have it all come from selling off players, that's pretty incredible. Thank you China.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
How serious are the Perisic to Utd rumors? He would be great signing assuming he'd be ok with a rotation role. We need some quality depth and he'd help with that a good bit.

Perisic is hitting his peak and he's going under the radar for most fans, playing at Inter. He's been absolutely world class for Croatia and Inter the last couple of years, and outside of Seria A fans, people generally miss it.

Odds are Inter is going to sell for financial fair play and he's going to England (and then they can splash money about on more players).
Mou's had personal talks with him, there's been interest from Chelsea and Liverpool as well (though I'm not sure about that one, Perisic clashed with Klopp at BVB).

I don't think Perisic would rotate, or be willing to, tbh.
Other than Pogba, he's a class above anyone else at the current ManU squad - he'd instantly be their best attacking option (including a 36-year old Ibra, thought obviously in a different position).

Whoever gets him will have their fans saying what a steal he is next year at 40-50m or whatever they end up paying for him.
He's fast, he's got great stamina, good with the ball, good in the air, responsible defensively, and he's gonna be in his prime for another 3 years at least.

TLDR; He'll be a great signing for any team in the EPL. But I don't think he'll rotate or that any of the top teams will shell out 40-50m for a "squad" player.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Perisic is hitting his peak and he's going under the radar for most fans, playing at Inter. He's been absolutely world class for Croatia and Inter the last couple of years, and outside of Seria A fans, people generally miss it.

Odds are Inter is going to sell for financial fair play and he's going to England (and then they can splash money about on more players).
Mou's had personal talks with him, there's been interest from Chelsea and Liverpool as well (though I'm not sure about that one, Perisic clashed with Klopp at BVB).

Other than Pogba, he's a class above anyone else at the current ManU squad - he'd instantly be their best attacking option (including a 36-year old Ibra, thought obviously in a different position).

Whoever gets him will have their fans saying what a steal he is next year at 40-50m or whatever they end up paying for him.
He's fast, he's got great stamina, good with the ball, good in the air, responsible defensively, and he's gonna be in his prime for another 3 years at least.

TLDR; He'll be a great signing for any team in the EPL. But I don't think he'll rotate or that any of the top teams will shell out 40-50m for a "squad" player.

Interesting. I figured he's at best a level similar as Mkhi, again like you said though he's been under the radar for a while.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Interesting. I figured he's at best a level similar as Mkhi, again like you said though he's been under the radar for a while.

Mkhi is one of the very best players in the world though. Perisic is a nice player; not on Mkhi's level though, and I wouldn't pay a ransom for him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Mkhi is one of the very best players in the world though. Perisic is a nice player; not on Mkhi's level though, and I wouldn't pay a ransom for him.

I love Mkhi but one of the very best in the world seems a bit much for me. I mean you have the big 4 in Suarez, Neymar, Messi, CR7. Then the tier below that with Bale, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lewa, etc. Would you say he's at that level of player in that second tier?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I love Mkhi but one of the very best in the world seems a bit much for me. I mean you have the big 4 in Suarez, Neymar, Messi, CR7. Then the tier below that with Bale, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lewa, etc. Would you say he's at that level of player in that second tier?

Absolutely

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Perisic from Inter and Croatia now is not the Perisic from BVB.
And honestly, the ManU Mkhi has not been the BVB Mkhi either.
He's been good... Very good at times, but far from game breaking, or consistenly excellent (as he was in Germany).
How much that has to do with Mou or getting accustomed to England etc, I don't know... But in a large number of games, he's just been "there", far from the impact player he was in Germany.

But tbh, there's no way to factually decide me saying Perisic over Mkhi or you the other way, just a matter of preference and opinion.

But yes, IMO, Perisic is flying way under the radar of just about any non-Serie A fan, and he'd be the best attacking option on the current ManU squad.
And would push Pedro/Willian out of the starting 11 at Chelsea, for example.

(and I definitely wouldn't put him in the "very best in the world" pot tbh - either of them)

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Perisic from Inter and Croatia now is not the Perisic from BVB.
And honestly, the ManU Mkhi is not BVB Mkhi either.

He's been good... Very good at times, but far from game breaking, or consistenly excellent.

TBH, there's no way to factually decide me saying Perisic over Mkhi or you the other way, just a matter of preference and opinion.

But yes, IMO, Perisic is flying way under the radar of just about any non-Serie A fan, and he'd be the best attacking option on the current ManU squad.
And would push Pedro/Willian out of the starting 11 at Chelsea, for example.

I watch Serie A as well

I would not take any version of Perisic over 2015/16 Mkhitaryan. It's not particularly close to me.

United will eat him up. If they did it to di Maria and Mkhitaryan, you know they can easily do it to Perisic.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Well while he's been easily the biggest spark and creator of offense for United this year I can't say I agree that he's in that tier. If he was I can tell you right now United would have had a much much better season than they've had.

Mou was a horrible coach for him style-wise and psychologically. His lack of confidence is his only shortcoming as a footballer.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

One say absolutely - I say no chance.

I rate Mkhitaryan highly, but he has not been consistently that good and guys like Bale and Hazard have outperformed him in spells by quite a margin I would argue.

I do agree that he is significantly better than Perisic though. Even if they can't really be compared directly. They would supplement each other really well if you ask me in a team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's absurd.

As for PeriÅ¡ić, never been a fan of his, but he's one of the best players in the world at his position after you take out the cream of the crop.

The performance Tuchel was able to get out of Miki was better than what KdB was able to show for FC VW before going to citeh

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

I think you're overrating Perisic a tad here. Yes he's good and underrated, but he's not a typical winger, and not really a forward either. He has a great drive though and I think he'd do well in the EPL. 40M is about right for him, he's 28 after all.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
One say absolutely - I say no chance.

I rate Mkhitaryan highly, but he has not been consistently that good and guys like Bale and Hazard have outperformed him in spells by quite a margin I would argue.

I do agree that he is significantly better than Perisic though. Even if they can't really be compared directly. They would supplement each other really well if you ask me in a team.

His inconsistency from season to season is really the only fair knock against him, but it's overstated as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad