2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love Mkhi but one of the very best in the world seems a bit much for me.
DM overrating another ex-Dortmund. That's what fans of feeder clubs do. DM also thinks that Gundogan is a top 10 CM in the world as well. Herrera is like five times the player IMO. I also would take Henderson and Bonaventura over him as well. Oh and look at that, Ilkay is once again injured until June.

Chelsea sold their soul to the devil long ago.
Pretty much, we should ask the Chelsea fans how Roman Abramovich built his wealth again. But don't worry, we can light some candles because we would be going into some really shady history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-bayern-munich-prepare-launch-55m-bid-alexis/

I would consider the odds very high that Sanchez would force his way out if that bid came in.
Agreed. I don't consider PSG a legitimate option since they seem like a mess from Evilo's reports. However, Bayern definitely is, especially considering that Vidal is a main player there and he would help his countryman accommodate towards the new culture easier than any other besides Spain. And personally speaking I wouldn't mind if he goes based on my opinion from previous posts. If he truly wants to leave in his career, which seems like a very high probability, it's just a matter of time. Enough of these fake results under Wenger, the team needs to be rebuilt. Nonetheless, I do disagree that 65 million will be the final bid if Sanchez does push for a move. Sanchez has been good enough, that a twenty-million profit doesn't seem worth it for Arsenal. I suggest it has to be somewhere in the 70s to make Arsenal bite.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
DM overrating another ex-Dortmund. That's what fans of feeder clubs do. DM also thinks that Gundogan is a top 10 CM in the world as well. Herrera is like five times the player IMO. I also would take Henderson and Bonaventura over him as well. Oh and look at that, Ilkay is once again injured until June.

You're trying too hard now

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Agreed. I don't consider PSG a legitimate option since they seem like a mess from Evilo's reports.

I don't see PSG attracting any major star with Emery as coach.
OTOH, plenty of rumors of Simeone leaving Atletico and if he signs with PSG, then they'll be players.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Mkhitaryan was the best player in Bundesliga but then he got coached under Mourinho who immediately threw him under the bus.

It's weird how Utd attracted the very best players from Serie A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga in one offseason and still struggling to finish top 4.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Mkhitaryan was the best player in Bundesliga but then he got coached under Mourinho who immediately threw him under the bus.

It's weird how Utd attracted the very best players from Serie A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga in one offseason and still struggling to finish top 4.

Yep and yep.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was thinking about how bleak the coming transfer window looks for Barça and how it could be a period of transition until a proper manager is brought in. So in turn I was thinking about what some cheaper "transitional" signings might be and players with only a year left on their contracts came to mind. I also noticed a few players I was thinking about who only have a year left on their current deals. Anyway, quite a list of players with only a year left:

Mata
Herrera
Matuidi
Isco
Deulofeu
de Vrij
Kolarov
Clichy
Zabaleta
Sagna

Fernandinho
Yaya Toure
Jesus Navas

Ramsey
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Sanchez
Ozil
Blind
Can
Gimenez
Meyer
de Sciglio

Players in bold are the ones who I think have contracts expiring this Summer. There are more too, but some potential bargains out there.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yeah, but the players and their agents were all too happy to go there.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Really goes to show you what the quality of competition is in those leagues.:sarcasm:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Vinicius Jr apparently is headed to Real for 40 million... These prices for Brazilian stars are insane...pretty mazing you can get a similar type of player for a 1/3 of the cost buying from Argentina.

I don't see PSG attracting any major star with Emery as coach.
OTOH, plenty of rumors of Simeone leaving Atletico and if he signs with PSG, then they'll be players.

Still think he goes to Inter.

I was thinking about how bleak the coming transfer window looks for Barça and how it could be a period of transition until a proper manager is brought in. So in turn I was thinking about what some cheaper "transitional" signings might be and players with only a year left on their contracts came to mind. I also noticed a few players I was thinking about who only have a year left on their current deals. Anyway, quite a list of players with only a year left:

Players in bold are the ones who I think have contracts expiring this Summer. There are more too, but some potential bargains out there.

Some interesting names... however, they shouldn't wait for these contracts to expire there are plenty of players that could be had potentially.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You're trying too hard now

What's more trolling...

Someone who thinks an injury-proned player who lacks the creativity of an attacker is a top 10 CM in the world, or someone who prefers players who actually play and create chances like Herrera and Henderson do at both ends of the pitch?

@Recchi: Mkhitaryan wasn't even close of being the best player BuDi. Come on now. Like I said before, he's a solid player and one I would even take on Arsenal. I will even admit that it's unfortunate that he's playing on a Mourinho squad which kills some of his playmaking. However, EPL is a very physical league and Henrikh is room temperature butter like Mata. There are reasons why these type of players (Oezil and di Maria include) look terrible in England. E: Even KdB looked terrible in England during his first campaign, he grew in Wolfsburg, was already accustomed to England's strength, and has flourished as he already knew what to expect.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Vinicius Jr apparently is headed to Real for 40 million... These prices for Brazilian stars are insane...pretty mazing you can get a similar type of player for a 1/3 of the cost buying from Argentina.

Some interesting names... however, they shouldn't wait for these contracts to expire there are plenty of players that could be had potentially.

I saw the fee at over 60 million. Apparently Perez is afraid of Neymar 2.0 happening.

I agree depending on the player the club interested.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I saw the fee at over 60 million. Apparently Perez is afraid of Neymar 2.0 happening.

I agree depending on the player the club interested.

:laugh:

His face when Dybala goes to barca...

I'm still dreaming of a Verratti/Dybala combo... or Saul in place of Verratti

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
How so?

And yes England is the most physical football league in the world. However, don't get confused with entertaining. Just because England is physical doesn't mean it is entertaining football.

Gündogan is very creative.

EPL is maybe a bit more physical than the Bundesliga, but the biggest difference is that the referees are far more lenient. It was more the second part of your sentence to which I objected. Jose made the same excuse for not playing Mkhi in the Europa League too, which he tore up last year lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's more trolling...

Someone who thinks an injury-proned player who lacks the creativity of an attacker is a top 10 CM in the world, or someone who prefers players who actually play and create chances like Herrera and Henderson do at both ends of the pitch?

@Recchi: Mkhitaryan wasn't even close of being the best player BuDi. Come on now. Like I said before, he's a solid player and one I would even take on Arsenal. I will even admit that it's unfortunate that he's playing on a Mourinho squad which kills some of his playmaking. However, EPL is a very physical league and Henrikh is room temperature butter like Mata. There are reasons why these type of players (Oezil and di Maria include) look terrible in England. E: Even KdB looked terrible in England during his first campaign, he grew in Wolfsburg, was already accustomed to England's strength, and has flourished as he already knew what to expect.

KdB wasn't the same player when he returned to the EPL. His first season in Germany he was clearly out played by Arnold and then took a huge step in year two.

Miki was the best player in the league last year.

And Ilkay lacks the creativity of Henderson or Herrera? lol

4/10, would be a 5/10 if you had worked in the classic "but can he do it on a cold night at Stoke?"

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yea Mkhitaryan and Mata aren't physical enough to survive in the EPL. That's also why Hazard struggles so much. ;)

Mata I don't agree with, he does fine in the EPL and has been Manchester United's best player the last couple seasons. Mourinho just doesn't like Mata for whatever reason and he's suffered this season because of it. Hazard never shies away from challenges.

Mkhitaryan has been really inconsistent this season and injuries haven't helped. Just watching him in games though, he hasn't handled the physical play and lack of time and space you often have in the EPL all that well. When he's gotten time and space he's looked fantastic. He'll need to adjust if he is going to flourish in England.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Mkhitaryan has been really inconsistent this season and injuries haven't helped. Just watching him in games though, he hasn't handled the physical play and lack of time and space you often have in the EPL all that well. When he's gotten time and space he's looked fantastic. He'll need to adjust if he is going to flourish in England.

The lack of time and space is more extreme in the Bundesliga actually. Whether the physical play bothers him is another matter. He has been very inconsistent, for sure. Still, if you include both domestic and Europa League play, he's scoring at almost the same rate as Perisic in what is supposed to be a very good year for him.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Actually, they still sell for too little fee. City paid €32M for Jesus while Barça paid €30 for Paco Alcácer. Milik was sold for €35M. Marquinhos went to Roma for just €3M then they sold him for €31M to PSG.

Europe buys low then sell high almost all the time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Actually, they still sell for too little fee. City paid €32M for Jesus while Barça paid €30 for Paco Alcácer. Milik was sold for €35M. Marquinhos went to Roma for just €3M then they sold him for €31M to PSG.

Europe buys low then sell high almost all the time.
Wait, wait...
PSG would be lucky to sell Lucas for what they bought him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lucas was tremendously hyped at the time. Explosive speed, lots of skills. Neymar generation and all.

But the guy is an idiot on the pitch. AND thinks way too highly of himself too.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Lucas was tremendously hyped at the time. Explosive speed, lots of skills. Neymar generation and all.

But the guy is an idiot on the pitch. AND thinks way too highly of himself too.

Yes. A lot of media people here though he was better suited to Europe than Neymar :laugh: cause he was relentless and didn't dive all the time like Neymar used to do. But what caused his fee to be so high was the fact that PSG had to outbid United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad