2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Real Madrid sell Morata and miss out on an Mbappe/Aubameyang/Hazard in order to keep Benzema and Bale, that would be a catastrophic mistake.

I know it would be tempting to keep a core together that will have potentially won 3 CLs in 4 years, but it's clear that the team is much better when the likes of Isco and Asensio are out there, especially in place of Bale. Benz serves his purpose and links up well with Ronaldo, but he simply misses far too many chances.

I think both should be sold, actually make it three of them since James is on the way out, too. Those 3 alone would bring in well over 200m, not that the money is needed. Mbappe, Verratti, Theo Hernandez, etc. could all be purchased without any concern.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Real Madrid sell Morata and miss out on an Mbappe/Aubameyang/Hazard in order to keep Benzema and Bale, that would be a catastrophic mistake.

I know it would be tempting to keep a core together that will have potentially won 3 CLs in 4 years, but it's clear that the team is much better when the likes of Isco and Asensio are out there, especially in place of Bale. Benz serves his purpose and links up well with Ronaldo, but he simply misses far too many chances.

I think both should be sold, actually make it three of them since James is on the way out, too. Those 3 alone would bring in well over 200m, not that the money is needed. Mbappe, Verratti, Theo Hernandez, etc. could all be purchased without any concern.

lol at the idea of selling Benzema and buying Auba in his place

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Bale's 27.
A guy who's been a top-5 player in the world the last few years and has had one injury-ridden season.

There's no reason not to believe Bale won't be to his best after a full summer's rest. Real would be idiotic to get let him go.
Again, dude's 27.

Also, Benzema's stats may not be great, but his link-up play is miles ahead of Morata's.
Morata's "B team" performances have been great (same as Isco and Kovacic, etc.), but it's very different playing Bayern, Barca, Atletic etc. as opposed to Leganes, Granada, etc.

But I do agree, Benzema - at some point - needs to score like he used to.
Mbappe could (and should) be the next world class star striker, he has all the tools, is amazing even now, at such a young age.
I reckon Real goes all out for him in the summer.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
If PSG signs Auba they haven't thrown out their stupid transfer policy.

Well, I guess it gives them the option to swap formation and play both Cavani and Auba... Or something.

I don't see why they'd want to displace Cavani after the season he's having, even if it's just moving him out wide.

TBH, a striker should've been the last of their worries, but when you got that kind of money, I guess throwing it around willy nilly is a thing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Rumor on sky italia that Monaco has rejected an 85M€ pffer from United for Mbappe.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Costa to China is picking up and some reports have them open to selling Willian with some interest from Italy and China. Imagine the players they could by through selling Oscar, Costa, and Willian to China.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Rumor on sky italia that Monaco has rejected an 85M€ pffer from United for Mbappe.

Not really surprising that it would be rejected.

I imagine they'll either wait until someone offers ~110-115M€ or wait until next summer in hopes he has another strong development year and the value goes even higher.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't want him to go to United. He's better off at Monaco anyway and he seems to have his head on his shoulders. He'll end up at Real eventually and he knows it. He can take his time.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Mbappe is a special talent, I've been saying it since the day I saw him play. I'm sure he'll become world class, he's already not far. It would still take some balls though to throw 100M on a 17yrs old kid.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I got an ESPN alert that Costa to China is practically a done deal for around $97m.

Not sure how reliable they are for soccer though.

I think the sources they are getting it from are kind of sketchy on reliability, but there is a lot of smoke in the Costa to China talk. It'll eventually happen for 90+m Euros. He'll eventually be sold there IMO, and Lukaku will come back.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
PSG denied that the Auba deal was so far along. Apparently Alexis is their priority.

Kicker says Bayern could loan out Renato Sanches next year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Since Oscar sold for £60m to China, I feel like we should be getting more than £75m for Costa.

If Willian goes as well, Chelsea will be looking at a £150-200m windfall to spend this summer.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Since Oscar sold for £60m to China, I feel like we should be getting more than £75 for Costa.

If Willian goes as well, Chelsea will be looking at a £150-200m windfall to spend this summer.

And that's just from China sales, not even including the usual chest of money they have to spend in the summer.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
And that's just from China sales, not even including the usual chest of money they have to spend in the summer.

Oh yea for sure. With all that we should be able to land pretty much anyone we want, that is realistically available of course.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
No idea tbh.
Real really seems like the logical step given Griez's statements/lifestyle, etc... but Atle and Real doing business isn't likely either.

I think he probably would want to avoid the hate that would ensue from the Atleti fans.

Griez to ManU seems more and more likely, and if ManU really do bring in Perisic and a couple of other guys, ManU could well be on the way to recovering their former status and play a significant role in Europe and be a contender in the EPL.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think he probably would want to avoid the hate that would ensue from the Atleti fans.

Griez to ManU seems more and more likely, and if ManU really do bring in Perisic and a couple of other guys, ManU could well be on the way to recovering their former status and play a significant role in Europe and be a contender in the EPL.

How serious are the Perisic to Utd rumors? He would be great signing assuming he'd be ok with a rotation role. We need some quality depth and he'd help with that a good bit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So how does Chelsea build up their roster to make a splash in the CL without taking a step back in the league? With all of that money is something like this plausible?

Belotti / Lacazette / Lukaku
Griezmann / Hamez / Kovacec
Bakayoko / Matuidi
Christensen back from loan

Adding 2 of Kovacec / Bakayoko / Matuidi if Cesc leaves as well and Pasalic stays in Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad