2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Don't think Chelsea is a player for Verratti. If he leaves, you can narrow down to 4 teams : Barca, Real, Bayern (Ancelotti), Juventus (childhood team). That's it.

Hey I can dream of landing Verratti, even if it likely won't happen.:laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why not? :D

But while you're at it, add Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez :D

I think Verratti is more realistic than any of those three. Not as if PSG have been excelling in Europe lately, and Chelsea can offer the transfer fee and wages for a player of that level if they choose.

He's likely to go for an upgrade to one of the 4 teams you mentioned of course.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Bayern were linked, so it would be hard not to be disgruntled.

That's the way she goes when you have a restricted wage bill and superteams come along. Not that I'm advocating that we should give him as much money as he would get from a superteam. We could probably get a large amount of money from the transfer and Trippier is a good replacement. Don't think it would start a domino effect either. Besides, I think it would be fun seeing Walker playing for Bayern.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think Verratti is more realistic than any of those three. Not as if PSG have been excelling in Europe lately, and Chelsea can offer the transfer fee and wages for a player of that level if they choose.

He's likely to go for an upgrade to one of the 4 teams you mentioned of course.

Obviously. I was kidding.
That said, Chelsea haven't been excelling in Europe either ;)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Obviously. I was kidding.
That said, Chelsea haven't been excelling in Europe either ;)

No they haven't, which is why if one of the 4 you mentioned, or even Atletico if for some reason they decided to break the bank, came after him that is likely where he'd go. Chelsea at this time would be a lateral move for a pay raise at best.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah and even the pay raise is doubtful.
He'll force a move out for a big club or he won't.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think Chelsea is an interesting team this summer. If they make a couple solid additions I think they could really make some noise in the CL.

But if they go the opposite way and lose Costs to China and Hazard to Real I think they'll struggle to make the top 4 again.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think Chelsea is an interesting team this summer. If they make a couple solid additions I think they could really make some noise in the CL.

But if they go the opposite way and lose Costs to China and Hazard to Real I think they'll struggle to make the top 4 again.

Costa to China seems a lot more likely than Hazard to anyone. Costa will cost a fortune though, and they should be able to replace those goals with that money.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Which additions are you talking about to make them CL contenders? Dybala, Auba and Veratti?

I didn't quite mean CL contenders in being on the level of Barca/Real, but capable of making a semi-final run or similar.

I think a midfield upgrade and someone to provide more dynamic play up front would help them a lot.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I didn't quite mean CL contenders in being on the level of Barca/Real, but capable of making a semi-final run or similar.

I think a midfield upgrade and someone to provide more dynamic play up front would help them a lot.

Right, they still have Oscar money left, and if they lose Costa, then they have a ton of money. Chelsea is a big wildcard next season. With a starting 11 upgrade or 2, and improved depth, it will be interesting to see where the end up in Champions League.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What's his play style and ceiling? Heard good stuff about him this year
He's an 8, but very creative, excellent short passer, and very active. Quick and elusive. Also active defensively, he's a smart guy. He has emerged as one of the best midfielders in L1.
I know PSG wants him and rumors have talked about 25M€.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He's an 8, but very creative, excellent short passer, and very active. Quick and elusive. Also active defensively, he's a smart guy. He has emerged as one of the best midfielders in L1.
I know PSG wants him and rumors have talked about 25M€.

I like him a lot.

Do you have an opinion about Dan-Axel Zagadou? U-18 PSG player linked with Dortmund today.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's a solid CB, leader too, is a fixture of PSG u19 and France U18. Very strong and physical. Calm under pressure.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hoffenheim are apparently trying to sign Iheanacho. City might be amenable to a deal if it included a buyback clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad