Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
teh Next Henry was top scorer in Belgium 25 goals, 14 assists .

Clearly a talent...let's hope he's a gem like Iwobi-Hilding

I don't judge by youtube a ton...but it's fun to post a link when he's not a well-known player:)

I also love that Solanke signing by Pool....good talent. At worse he became a viable bench option and also homegrown.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah was following Onyekuru a bit this year and he looks very promising. Fast, technical, direct, has good finish and can pass well too. Because of where he came up and the team he was on I think he learned to be a little too selfish but that's not necessarily a bad trait -- he's still young and with better teammates can learn to be more team oriented I'd think. A bit disappointed he's gone to Arsenal but I think he'll do well there.

Any news on Janssen? I hope Tottenham loan him out or move him on or something. No point in having him there and he'll just stagnate.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I could see Arsenal grabbing him if Alexis leaves.

They're in for a big disappointment then. Mahrez is no where near the level of Alexis.

I see the best move for him would be to go to Tottenham and for a good trio with Eriksen and Alli behind Kane, or Arsenal but not as an Alexis replacement, rather than a good starting option on the RW, with Ozil behind the striker and Alexis at LW.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Mahrez goes to any big club, it shouldn't be for a guaranteed starting 11 spot. If Willian moves on, I could see him at Chelsea, but I wouldn't pay what someone else will pay for him.

I also don't think that Willian moves on.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Willian has been rumored to stay.

Apparently hes really happy.

I would personally take the fee someone is willing to pay, as id rather have pedro be our sub winger. this would push willie out of the 18

I wouldnt be surprised if we sign a starting right winger if he asks out in that case.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Willian has been rumored to stay.

Apparently hes really happy.

I would personally take the fee someone is willing to pay, as id rather have pedro be our sub winger. this would push willie out of the 18

I wouldnt be surprised if we sign a starting right winger if he asks out in that case.

I've seen that Bayern are very interested in him.. I am not sure how true that is, might just be some bogus twitter rumors though.. But he has said that he is happy and i expect him to stay

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've seen that Bayern are very interested in him.. I am not sure how true that is, might just be some bogus twitter rumors though.. But he has said that he is happy and i expect him to stay

Vidal is apparently texting Lexi like crazy about joining him in Bavaria. Whether the Bayern board are as into Sanchez is still unknown though

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
@Evilo

Are you seeing anything on Fabinho and United? I've seen a few reports, but they all seem to trace back one source. Usual transfer season stuff.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So, Mahrez has handed in a transfer request.. Where does he end up? Arsenal? Chelsea?

The article I read here about Wenger re-signing said he is interested in acquiring Mahrez, but it's a passing reference with no source

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo

Are you seeing anything on Fabinho and United? I've seen a few reports, but they all seem to trace back one source. Usual transfer season stuff.

Lots of rumors about lots of Monaco players.
As I said, Bernardo was expected to leave, and Bakayoko too.
Instead, Bakayoko has said he was happy in Monaco and is trying to get an extension and Mendy is likely gone.
Fabinho seemed like he was going to stay if Bakayoko left, but now, I have no idea.
Tielemans was bought to replace one of the two, so we'll see.
Don't think both will be sold however.

Wasn't that his base formation with Sevilla? A 3-4-1-2 or 3-1-4-2 would work as well, as it's just silly to play either Cavani or Auba as wingers.

4-2-3-1, as DM said.
He played it all preseason with great success with PSG, but left it after a whopping ONE game during the season to get back to a 4-3-3 which was Blanc's system.
In fact, this is one of Emery's biggest problem. He wanted to play a 4-2-3-1 with speed in transition, but Blanc's PSG was a 4-3-3 wich stressed possession and positionnal play rather than quick counters.
Emery tried to impliment his philosophy but in Blanc's system. It just doesn't work. He should either come back to Blanc's or stay true to his own ideas.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pep should go back to monaco for Fabinho as his new 6, assuming Bayern don't go full re**** and sell him Kimmich for a lot less.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
The article I read here about Wenger re-signing said he is interested in acquiring Mahrez, but it's a passing reference with no source
I don't think it's legit tbh; from what I've read he wants to play CL next season, but personally I can see Mahrez doing very well in Arsenal's system.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
They're in for a big disappointment then. Mahrez is no where near the level of Alexis.

I see the best move for him would be to go to Tottenham and for a good trio with Eriksen and Alli behind Kane, or Arsenal but not as an Alexis replacement, rather than a good starting option on the RW, with Ozil behind the striker and Alexis at LW.
This tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad