Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Carlos Salcedo is loaned to Eintracht Frankfurt after Fiorentina declines to make his move there permanent.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Apparently Douglas Costa has agreed to join Juventus.

Let's see if Bayern agrees

If the reports I saw - with Bayern asking €50M and Juventus starting at €40M - are true, I think they'll find an agreement somewhere in the middle. I'd be happy with that and would look forward to seeing how it's going to be used.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Apparently Douglas Costa has agreed to join Juventus.

Let's see if Bayern agrees

If juve puts up 40-50M for him, I'm sure Bayern would love to make that sale. Gnabry provides the same qualities at a fraction the cost; and he's more of a goal threat with more versatility and room to grow

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bayern sell Coman to; if they can turn a profit while clearing space for them to pounce on Brandt before someone else steals him from Leverkusen.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
If the reports I saw - with Bayern asking �50M and Juventus starting at �40M - are true, I think they'll find an agreement somewhere in the middle. I'd be happy with that and would look forward to seeing how it's going to be used.

If juve puts up 40-50M for him, I'm sure Bayern would love to make that sale. Gnabry provides the same qualities at a fraction the cost; and he's more of a goal threat with more versatility and room to grow

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bayern sell Coman to; if they can turn a profit while clearing space for them to pounce on Brandt before someone else steals him from Leverkusen.

I don't watch much bundesliga games. If you two's are happy with the sale should I be worried?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I don't watch much bundesliga games. If you two's are happy with the sale should I be worried?

Frankly - I don't know. There's definitely a lot of upside with him. The way he burst into the scene in his first season here was quite something. He has some gamebreaking ability, without any doubt. Acceleration and speed were out of this world, has an outrageous shot and lots of skill on top. This year, for whatever reason, it was hard to recognize him. He seemed disinterested, lost tactically, with no vision and even his speed seemed much less impressive. It was just weird to see.

So, depending on which version of him shows up for you guys, it could be a great deal, a poor one, or one that looks great one year, poor the next, and then you move on. Kind of impossible to say.

I can't see that. I think Brandt has already committed to Leverkusen for next season, and we just pulled the final trigger on Coman's buy option a couple months ago. Wouldn't be like us to turn straight around and sell him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Frankly - I don't know. There's definitely a lot of upside with him. The way he burst into the scene in his first season here was quite something. He has some gamebreaking ability, without any doubt. Acceleration and speed were out of this world, has an outrageous shot and lots of skill on top. This year, for whatever reason, it was hard to recognize him. He seemed disinterested, lost tactically, with no vision and even his speed seemed much less impressive. It was just weird to see.

So, depending on which version of him shows up for you guys, it could be a great deal, a poor one, or one that looks great one year, poor the next, and then you move on. Kind of impossible to say.

I can't see that. I think Brandt has already committed to Leverkusen for next season, and we just pulled the final trigger on Coman's buy option a couple months ago. Wouldn't be like us to turn straight around and sell him.

It wouldn't be the most Bayern thing in the world, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Coman had a very meh year with Pep gone and Brandt is ready to take a step up. You could make some money while strengthening your depth on the wing...even if Gnabry does spend a season on loan at hoffenheim.

Depends on how you guys end up using him and what form he's in. As a LW in his first season he was unstoppable to start the year; but he cooled off while spending more time on the right in the back half of the season. Which preceded an underwhelming season as he enters his late 20s.

Cashing in on him while bringing in that younger potential Robbery replacement would just be smart business for Bayern IMO; more so than it would mark a swindle of Juve. He can be a more effective Cuadrado on the left for you if you get his stronger form. Which is a solid buy for 40-50M, but if he's just meh and spends a lot of time on the right it would be an overpayment for a player you won't make money on when you re-sell him later.

Given Bayern's situation I think it's time for them to start bringing in the kind of young talent that can replace Robbery moving forward; rather than guys who are more just good compliments. And I see Brandt as a kid who can help them replace Robbery moving forward; while Gnabry has the talent to do so as well...if he keeps growing the way he has been the past 12 months.

Especially if they add Sanchez as another Mueller-type wide-forward in his prime; instead of taking moving for a world class 10 like Hamez and setting up the transfer of Lemar to replace Robbery next summer...be that by buying him now and letting him stay in Monaco until after the WC, or by starting to tap him up HARD.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Thank you both for the insight.

What it looks like we would get a better AML than Mandzukic. We may or may not be getting a game breaking player until we open the mystery box. I am a little worried.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm honestly surprised we aren't seeing more players linked to Manchester United. They need help everywhere and with them being in Champions League next season, they need depth bad!

At defense, they should be fine. At CB they are good for sure with Bailly, Rojo, Lindelof, Jones, Smalling, Blind they can stand to lose one to two players from CB (my preference is losing Jones and Blind). They might need an outside back preferably a LB especially if they don't see Shaw as a long term fit. Maybe get someone like Mendy, Hector (wishful thinking) or someone like that. RB they should be fine with either Darmian or Fosu-Mensah transitioning back full time with Valencia still there.

They need a lot of help in the midfield. Obviously Pogba, Herrera, and Mkh are great players but they can't do it all themselves. They really need to bring in a player like James with game breaking ability and another winger like Perisic so they aren't playing a striker out wide left. They need to sell off Felliani cause he's straight up trash and shouldn't ever be playing for a mid table team let alone one of United's caliber. Carrick is a good player but getting noticeably older. Mata could be a great fit but personally I'd rather James and sell off Mata and Rooney. Bring in some younger talent along with James and Perisic to bring off the bench or put your trust in Lingard, Gomes, etc.

At striker they need some serious help. While Martial and Rashford are good they are still growing. I would love to bring in someone like Belotti. Not only is he a great poacher and offers something different from Rashford he's only 22-23 with so much room to grow. They don't need Morata AND Belotti so they need to choose one or the other.

In summary they are still 5-6 signings away from fully challenging for a title. I know this won't all happen this year but within the next few seasons they need to bring in a striker, 2 midfielders, a winger, possible outside backs for both sides and some young depth that can come off the bench and make an impact.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Under a different coach that team could play some excellent football with a 4-2-4 / 4-2-2-2 / 4-1-3-2 that facilated between

Hamez - Belotti - Martial* - Miki
Pogba - Herrera
*Shaw* - Lindelof - Bailly - Valencia
de Gea

*Rashford

and

Belotti - Martial*
Hamez - Pogba - Miki
Herrera
*Shaw* - Lindelof - Bailly - Valencia
de Gea

*Rashford​

But Mou wouldn't be the right coach to set that team up to play the beautiful football they'd have the talent for.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm honestly surprised we aren't seeing more players linked to Manchester United. They need help everywhere and with them being in Champions League next season, they need depth bad!

At defense, they should be fine. At CB they are good for sure with Bailly, Rojo, Lindelof, Jones, Smalling, Blind they can stand to lose one to two players from CB (my preference is losing Jones and Blind). They might need an outside back preferably a LB especially if they don't see Shaw as a long term fit. Maybe get someone like Mendy, Hector (wishful thinking) or someone like that. RB they should be fine with either Darmian or Fosu-Mensah transitioning back full time with Valencia still there.

They need a lot of help in the midfield. Obviously Pogba, Herrera, and Mkh are great players but they can't do it all themselves. They really need to bring in a player like James with game breaking ability and another winger like Perisic so they aren't playing a striker out wide left. They need to sell off Felliani cause he's straight up trash and shouldn't ever be playing for a mid table team let alone one of United's caliber. Carrick is a good player but getting noticeably older. Mata could be a great fit but personally I'd rather James and sell off Mata and Rooney. Bring in some younger talent along with James and Perisic to bring off the bench or put your trust in Lingard, Gomes, etc.

At striker they need some serious help. While Martial and Rashford are good they are still growing. I would love to bring in someone like Belotti. Not only is he a great poacher and offers something different from Rashford he's only 22-23 with so much room to grow. They don't need Morata AND Belotti so they need to choose one or the other.

In summary they are still 5-6 signings away from fully challenging for a title. I know this won't all happen this year but within the next few seasons they need to bring in a striker, 2 midfielders, a winger, possible outside backs for both sides and some young depth that can come off the bench and make an impact.

No, he's fine when used in the right role agains the right opponent. He was literally a man against boys against Ajax for example. That one Everton game should be forgotten as his season was much better. Mou also seems to know better than LVG where and when Fellaini should play. He's fine as a utility/rotation player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->