Speculation: 2017 Offseason Roster Discussion 3 - Langkow for a 1st Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Please no more reclamation projects or dumpster diving. Chayka has done a good job of securing actual talent.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Please no more reclamation projects or dumpster diving. Chayka has done a good job of securing actual talent.

I think we're all still in the Maloney mindset. Chayka thinks bigger than that. It'll be a clear upgrade or no move at all, no point gumming up the system unless the dollars and assets spent are worth it.

I still think Demers ends up here.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Murray's fine as depth if cheap and/or on a two-way. Last I looked we had like five dmen under contract for the AHL squad, and that was counting Wood who apparently may be with the big club. I wouldn't mind adding him at all for Tucson and allow him an outside chance to earn a call up.
If that's our NHL defenseman, then yes, I'd pass, but as depth and AHL help, I'd be pretty happy.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
CGY sporting Hamilton, Hamonic, and Stone on RD. Does this make Rasmus Andersson available? Maybe for a forward prospect and/or some picks? Hometown boy Nick Merkley?
Ryan Murphy? And give him #5? Purely from a selfish standpoint as I can keep wearing my red #5 jersey.

From a talent stand-point, there's a reason why Carolina shipped him out and Calgary bought him out.....so yeah, it's an easy pass.

Agree with XX, the day of reclamation projects left with IA and Tippett.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Nice! Could you imagine if we were somehow able to lure Shattenkirk?

Don't hold your breath. Hammer was brought in to play with OEL. Which puts Shattenkirk on the second pairing. Don't want to send that much money to have someone playing on the second pairing. He's staying east.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
NJ is going to blow Shattenkirk away. They can afford to overpay. He likes the east coast. I don't see how Chayka wins that scenario. "lurking in the weeds" is basically Chayka's MO, he'll do anything if the price is right.

Solid Snake Chayka

Don't hold your breath. Hammer was brought in to play with OEL. Which puts Shattenkirk on the second pairing. Don't want to send that much money to have someone playing on the second pairing. He's staying east.

Shattenkirk is ideal as a sheltered 2nd pairing, 1st PP guy. There are reasons it won't happen but roster fit isn't one of them.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What's he worth? 3.5? 4? more? Here he can play a lot of minutes and rack up points so I don't think other teams will look at him quite as favorably as we will. He still does well in per minute metrics so it's not all garbage time scoring but most teams have at least a couple wingers who would be ahead of him. No sense bidding against yourself if you're the Coyotes.

I also wonder if a sticking point could be the Coyotes wanting another bonus type contract but Vrby wanting straight cash.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Heh, exact opposite of this Maloney quote from Oct. 2015: "I'd rather pay for performance and not pay for anticipation."

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Heh, exact opposite of this Maloney quote from Oct. 2015: "I'd rather pay for performance and not pay for anticipation."

Wow. That's a stunning contrast. You can tell Chayka is much more comfortable in his position. Probably helps that he doesn't have an ownership that thinks Doan+Smitty = ticket sales, and a coach/dictator breathing down his neck at all times.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What's he worth? 3.5? 4? more? Here he can play a lot of minutes and rack up points so I don't think other teams will look at him quite as favorably as we will. He still does well in per minute metrics so it's not all garbage time scoring but most teams have at least a couple wingers who would be ahead of him. No sense bidding against yourself if you're the Coyotes.

I also wonder if a sticking point could be the Coyotes wanting another bonus type contract but Vrby wanting straight cash.

I think you are right, they want a bonus contract based on production. Verby could be like Doan and fall to 6 goals this year. I don't think he will, but I understand the risk and Chayka's point.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I believe DM was saying if you had 15 goals then 23 goals, he wasn't paying for the projection as if you are going to be a 30 goal scorer.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I believe DM was saying if you had 15 goals then 23 goals, he wasn't paying for the projection as if you are going to be a 30 goal scorer.

I agree. Both Maloney and Chayka would probably bargain from whichever perspective helps themselves out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, I'm sure the quote for the Dvorak and Domi contracts will sound much different.

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Guys, here's a crazy stupid idea.

Jagr.

Think of it. The perfect leader for the team, still wants to keep playing and comes to a great market.

Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Perlini - Dvorak - Keller
Crouse - Strome - Jagr
Martinook - Cousins - Rieder

Trade Mcginn

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015

Jagr.

Think of it. The perfect leader for the team, still wants to keep playing and comes to a great market.

Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Crouse - Strome - Jagr

Trade Mcginn

I like it!

I see a lot of people putting Keller in at RW. I could be wrong but I don't think he likes RW. He was playing LW in the world championship and is during this prospect game.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Jagr.

Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Crouse - Strome - Jagr

Trade Mcginn

No thanks.

Jagr is no Ray Whitney right now. I'd rather not spend any of our very small bankroll on a 45-year-old whose mullet is better than he is at this point.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jagr is slow as **** and would be keeping Fischer off the roster. Also, it'd be hilarious to do that after letting Doan go.

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.

Jagr.

Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Crouse - Strome - Jagr

Trade Mcginn

Very bad idea. 3RW spot for Fischer. Jagr? Why parted ways with the our captain? Yagr is a name, but not an elite mercenary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad