Or Door #3?
[collapse=stuff3]
300x300.jpg
[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
rt said:
Oh. My. God. You're right. This offer is probably on the table right now and the Rangers are trying to squeeze a little more out. Oh ****....
I said all summer long that if he doesn't want Duke, he should trade him immediately. Instead we watched last season happen and his value is tanked and he's no closer to being a regular top six winger on this team than he was last July. Possibly farther away after all the mindgames. Do I want to see another season of Duclair being jacked around and confidence waning? Not really.

I mean, obviously the best choice would be to get a nurturer in as a coach. You know, a guy that enjoys coaching players up instead of telling them they just have to want it bad enough to get off the fourth line/scratch rotation.

If that is never going to happen, let's just go all in on guys who can actually play in the top six instead of Hollands and Chipchuras. It's honestly puke-worthy either way. Watch the talent struggle to develop and watch cast offs play key roles, or trade guys who will be good for someone else but not here for guys who can actually play.

Like I said, I'll be pissed, but I'll get over it if the team becomes watchable in their farewell season.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Can he do that without throwing off his ultraregulated lifestyle? I hope he doesn't have to waste the brain cells needed to pick his midnight snack. :/

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This is going to be Jeff Carter for Daymond Langkow all over again.
I just can't imagine Chayka getting fleeced, at least not on paper. I mean his whole schtick is being smart on paper. I have a feeling nothing too interesting is going to happen and while I'll be mildly annoyed he couldn't take advantage of expansion/protection situation, I greatly prefer that to him doing something "big" that causes the Coyotes to lose ANY of their core.

ja8

Oct 9, 2008
Die hard from ottawa,ON. What would be the Rd that you guys would want? If we somehow managed to get stepan and a quality Rd, how do you see next season going ?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
This thread reminds of the math problem involving probability where you have three doors. They open one that the prize isn't behind and then ask you if you want to stay or switch. Hopefully, Chayka knows to switch.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Want no part of trading strome/dvorak/Keller for Stepan.
I'd add Perlini, Chychrun and #7 (unless it's straight up) to that list as well. I think OEL and Domi go without saying but I had to say it anyway.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
This thread reminds of the math problem involving probability where you have three doors. They open one that the prize isn't behind and then ask you if you want to stay or switch. Hopefully, Chayka knows to switch.
Ahh, Monty Hall. Good times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

FWIW, I dream of spending every day behind Door #1.

And I actually spend most days behind Door #3.

We don't deserve Door #2.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd add Perlini, Chychrun and #7 (unless it's straight up) to that list as well. I think OEL and Domi go without saying but I had to say it anyway.

Exactly. we are rebuilding not contending.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's interesting that Deangelo and Wood had nearly identical production in their rookie AHL seasons. I don't know who I like more. Deangelo is a dirt bag but he's proven himself in the NHL and he skates like the wind. Wood is a giant and his slap shot could burn a hole through a goalie. I'd be happy if we can make it through the summer with both of them.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm quickly moving into camp that has a strong preference to only take C and D in first round.

I want electricity. We have no one player who other teams need to game plan against. We need a threat. A real threat. Someone who provokes that "Oh ****" feeling in the pit of the opponents stomachs when he gets the puck in the offensive zone. If there's a guy who might become that threat, we should take him regardless of position.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I want electricity. We have no one player who other teams need to game plan against. We need a threat. A real threat. Someone who provokes that "Oh ****" feeling in the pit of the opponents stomachs when he gets the puck in the offensive zone. If there's a guy who might become that threat, we should take him regardless of position.

Tank this year and we can grab someone who better fits description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad