2017 MLB Offseason - Spring Training Lets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Rough showing by Tanaka, but hey, these things happen.

He had a great spring, so I'm not worried after one start. Baseball is a funny game like that.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I dropped Folty for Morton. I'm surprised steamer and zips are predicting less than 8k per 9

ZIPs and Steamer don't know that Morton's velocity has increased by 2 MPH.

The projections systems are good, but they don't account for when players make substantive changes to their approach.

Hopefully Morton can keep the velocity, because a 9 K/9 coupled with a 55-60%+ GB rate is a recipe for a great starter.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Braves fan for the NL here.

Was going to go today & rep ATL but my bud who has tickets woke up feeling very sick so he has to eat the hard copy tickets.
He lives way too far south from me for it to make sense for me to pick them up.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
......and here I thought 2004 was the low point as a San Diego sports fan when the Padres and Chargers both earned the rights to have the #1 pick in their respective drafts.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
......and here I thought 2004 was the low point as a San Diego sports fan when the Padres and Chargers both earned the rights to have the #1 pick in their respective drafts.

I didn't realize just how low San Diego's payroll was. Almost half the 29th team. Damn.

At least you guys will have a sick outfield for years to come. Dickerson / Margot / Jankowski / Renfroe is quite the foursome.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Already?! Geez I didn't think Pineda was on THAT short a leash :laugh:

For me its been since early last season. HIS Win loss from last year is pathetic.He gets rattled as soon as he gets men on and two outs. Joe will go five starts befor he even addresses it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pineda is a curse word in my buddy's house. We usually go once or twice a year to see the Yankees play the Rays at the Trop. We'll probably go next time they come to town later in the year.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
So are team went to **** all in one game. Gary lost for God knows how long with our medical staff. Lost another game to the troll Buck. Tanaka with another beauty.

Lets win this game today Yanks.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Another Fine Result T. Chapman it goes without saying. DP You scare the **** out of me.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Mets are all sorts of terrible right now. :(

Lost to the Marlins a couple times last weekend. I got to see some of those games.

I just can't get into baseball the way I used to. I find that I enjoy going to games more than I like watching on TV. Which a lot of people probably prefer going to hockey games to watching on TV, but I'm just as happy watching hockey at home than I am in person. I love going to baseball games, but not at the Tropicana dump, indoors with it's gloomy and dark atmosphere. I go to Citifield every year when I visit in August and Coors Field in Denver when I visit there.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Yanks might just make some noise this year.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but it looks like Severino has made real improvements to his arsenal. Montgomery is getting tons of swinging strikes. And Pineda looks better.

The hitting will be there. If the pitching keeps form, they'll contend.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yanks might just make some noise this year.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but it looks like Severino has made real improvements to his arsenal. Montgomery is getting tons of swinging strikes. And Pineda looks better.

The hitting will be there. If the pitching keeps form, they'll contend.

Yeah they look pretty damn good. And they're doing this without Gary, Didi, and Bird playing like ass. Pitching staff has loads of potential.

Tanaka is righting the ship and if healthy will be an ace like usual. CC looks to have figured it out in his advanced age a la Bartolo Colon. Severino has some of the nastiest stuff in the league, he just needs to keep working on that changeup. Pineda has all the talent in the world, he just needs to put it all together mentally. And Montgomery looks super polished for a rookie showing command of all 4 pitches.

Good time to be a Yankees fan. Roster looks promising and the farm system is stacked. If they manage to bring in one of Machado, Harper, or Trout in a few years...Look out.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
They've sure been fun to watch to start.

Hard to believe how good Headley and Castro have been for the lineup. They've ignited a lot of the firepower so far. Great to also see the leaps Judge has appeared to have made so far after last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah not real excited about that either

On one hand it is just some harmless fun. People definitely seem to enjoy it and it is very contagious. Wednesday was a very small crowd, but the whole place got into it still.

Other hand it is kind of tacky with the lights and everything.

That game was refreshing. Last game I went to last year was a bigger crowd but they were as dead as dead could be. Just tourists and a few angry diehards.

Crowd that night where there to have fun and the team was definitely giving them reason to have fun.

Not expecting everything, but yeah this group could make some noise, and make it fun for fans along the way. They seem likable which has rare with this team for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad