Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Updated top available:​

55. T.J. Tampa, CB, Iowa State (6-0, 194)​

Tampa gets a little sticky with his footwork at the top of routes, but he doesn’t lose much separation and plays with the size, range and ball skills to be disruptive. He has the tools and potential to be a starting perimeter cornerback in various schemes.

78. Austin Booker, Edge, Kansas (6-4, 253)​

Booker is lacking in body mass and overall experience (just 505 career college snaps), but he is an ascending player with the ability to maximize his athletic traits and body length/force with proper biomechanics. With his tools and instincts, he projects as a rotational player in Year 1 with the potential to become an impact starter.

85. DJ James, CB, Auburn (5-11, 175)​

James won’t be a fit for every scheme, because of his undersized build, but his quick feet will help him maintain phase in coverage. If he can handle big slots and improve his consistency as a tackler, he will compete for a starting nickel role in the NFL.

90. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia (5-8, 191)​

Washington is undersized and needs to continue refining his route steps, but his explosive movements, rugged toughness and catchpoint skills will make him a factor in the slot for an NFL offense. He also has the skill set to immediately contribute in the return game.

97. Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin (6-1, 235)​

Allen isn’t overly creative and doesn’t run with as much nastiness as his size suggests, but he is well built with the vision, feet and overall feel to maximize the run design. He has the talent and third-down potential to be a productive NFL tandem back, similar to Tyler Allgeier.

98. Audric Estime, RB, Notre Dame (5-11, 222)​

Estime has the build and run power of a downhill grinder but the vision and cut acceleration of a smaller back, giving him RB1 potential for an NFL team (best in a gap scheme). His body type, run talent and promise on passing downs are reminiscent of former Seattle Seahawks’ RB Chris Carson.

99. Christian Mahogany, G, Boston College (6-3, 314)​

Mahogany needs to play with more control, especially in space, to survive versus NFL defenders, but he plays like a bouncer outside of a club, looking to bash heads with power and forceful hands. He projects as a guard-versatile NFL starter, ideally suited for a downhill run team.

102. Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest (5-11, 193)​

Carson needs to prove he can stay healthy and be on the field for a full season, but he has the competitive athleticism and football IQ needed for coverage duties in the NFL. He offers inside-outside versatility and projects as an eventual NFL starter.

103. Brenden Rice, WR, USC (6-2, 208)​

Rice must continue working on the finer points to beat press and get open versus NFL corners, but he has the size/speed athleticism and hand-eye coordination to become a better pro than college player. He projects as a backup X/Z receiver with down-the-road starting potential.

106. Tommy Eichenberg, LB, Ohio State (6-2, 233)​

Eichenberg isn’t a proven playmaker in coverage, but he understands pursuit angles and displays outstanding key/read/flow skills versus the run. He has the talent, football character and feel for the game to earn a starting job during his NFL rookie training camp.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I like the way the NHL does the late rounds much better…just keep the train rolling no matter what. No speeches, no initiatives, no stopping the train for commercial breaks, just bang the picks out on schedule.

I mean, I like eating too… ;)
Exactly, like wtf is this. Get special guest to announce the Day 1 and 2 picks all you want but the final day should just be flowing.

Reactions: Reddawg

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Just going to log my opposition to people wishing the draft went faster. No need to hustle up the best event of the NFL calendar. Great all-day fun on a Saturday afternoon.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Lions trade up ahead of the Bills and Eagles for....

Really wish Bills could do one of these deals to get a free 2025 3rd with one of these dumby GMs.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
We pretty much went the opposite route with regard to taking a big bruiser of an RB. I’m all about amassing weapons though.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 1.33.31 PM.png

Not the power back I was expecting, but they're all the same to me

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
We pretty much went the opposite route with regard to taking a big bruiser of an RB. I’m all about amassing weapons though.
He's definitely more of a power back than speedster, but my concern is more the heavy mileage. Whatever, all those RBs were the same to me. Someone that can take a beating and get tough yards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad