2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's the pattern of bad decisions on and off the field, along with his overall attitude that's an issue.

He's an amazing talent but he's a "me" only type person and that can have a negative impact on younger players.

Defend your ridiculous view that he’s a “me only” person. Literally no one on the team would agree with you.

Reactions: klingsor

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
OBJ will always be a dope. Great talent with the maturity of a toddler. Not worth 20M/year with all the headaches and embarrassment he brings.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Show me the evidence. Don’t sit there and pontificate.

You can’t prove a negative. So, no. The burden is on you. Sorry. But that’s how this works.

I really don't understand your view on this. You hangout with a crowd that does coke and your imaged smoking weed. Its not the only time it's ever happened.

You drink and drive, when you get caught it's not the first time you ever did it. You have to prove that you won't do it again. You cheat on your spouse. Same thing. This is just an example not saying he did this.

Go out on a boat partying with some of your teammates when you should be prepping for the next round of the playoffs. Selfish. Now you have to earn the trust of your teammates back.

Sit out mini camps and the preseason when you should be developing chemistry with your teammates.

No one has a backbone to stand up to him because of his skills. This team will be kicking themselves if they sign him to $25MM a year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
2016-17 playoffs.

Wait, you mean the year that he carried the entire offense on his back? You mean the year that he was literally the only reason the team sniffed the playoffs? If you're seriously going to hang your hat on a single game, you need to pick one where he wasn't the entire reason that his team was even able to play in said game.

Also, how was he "me first"? He and a group of guys went out before a game. It wasn't him alone.

Try again.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I really don't understand your view on this. You hangout with a crowd that does coke and your imaged smoking weed. Its not the only time it's ever happened.

You drink and drive, when you get caught it's not the first time you ever did it. You have to prove that you won't do it again. You cheat on your spouse. Same thing. This is just an example not saying he did this.

Are you really going to be this ignorant? How the f*** would he (or anyone else) prove a negative? Do you know how this works? Lol, stop being ridiculous.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wait, you mean the year that he carried the entire offense on his back? You mean the year that he was literally the only reason the team sniffed the playoffs? If you're seriously going to hang your hat on a single game, you need to pick one where he wasn't the entire reason that his team was even able to play in said game.

Also, how was he "me first"? He and a group of guys went out before a game. It wasn't him alone.

Try again.

You can spin it anyway you want. That was a huge black eye for his career.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Are you really going to be this ignorant? How the **** would he (or anyone else) prove a negative? Do you know how this works? Lol, stop being ridiculous.

It's called building back trust. You lose trust when you do things counter to the greater good. Just because your good at something doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

Go hang out with Beiber and party on a boat when you should be prepping for a playoff game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's called building back trust. You lose trust when you do things counter to the greater good. Just because your good at something doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

Go hang out with Beiber and party on a boat when you should be prepping for a playoff game.

So, basically, you don't know how this works? You specifically asked him to prove a negative. You said, and I quote, "has he stopped these behaviors so an event from today doesn't pop up 6 months or a year from now?"

You are asking a ridiculous question that you won't accept any answer to. It's absurd and now you're stuck trying to explain it away. We haven't heard a single peep of anything he's done in over a year. By all accounts, he's busted his ass (as always), been a good teammate, and stayed relatively quiet (save for a funny commercial with Eli). All of a sudden, a video at least three years pops up, and you post some ridiculous question about "has he stopped these behaviors?" and you don't understand the fact that you're asking him to prove a negative.

It's absurd.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Spin what? You're cherrypicking a single game as some example of a "me first" thing where he went out with a number of guys prior. I guess you're definition of "me" is "we".

When he was the ring leader of the little excursion.

You have your opinion which your entitled, I have mine. He's not the player to commit $22-25MM/year to.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
So, basically, you don't know how this works? You specifically asked him to prove a negative. You said, and I quote, "has he stopped these behaviors so an event from today doesn't pop up 6 months or a year from now?"

You are asking a ridiculous question that you won't accept any answer to. It's absurd and now you're stuck trying to explain it away. We haven't heard a single peep of anything he's done in over a year. By all accounts, he's busted his ass (as always), been a good teammate, and stayed relatively quiet (save for a funny commercial with Eli). All of a sudden, a video at least three years pops up, and you post some ridiculous question about "has he stopped these behaviors?" and you don't understand the fact that you're asking him to prove a negative.

It's absurd.

You do something stupid/illegal and it effects your play, you need to PROVE you won't do it again. Its as simple as that. So is the defense was oh everyone else was doing it too! Shows how immature he is.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
When he was the ring leader of the little excursion.

You have your opinion which your entitled, I have mine. He's not the player to commit $22-25MM/year to.

So you still don't get that this was a number of WRs on the team? Victor Cruz, a leader on the team if there ever was one, was there. Was he a me first player on the Giants, too? Give me a break.

Reactions: klingsor

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You do something stupid/illegal and it effects your play, you need to PROVE you won't do it again. Its as simple as that. So is the defense was oh everyone else was doing it too! Shows how immature he is.

So please tell us how the f*** he "proves" he isn't doing it again when he's not getting caught doing it again? Do you not understand why what you're saying is completely ridiculous? OBJ could never have another instance like this come out and he'd still be unable to "prove" it since (for the 40th time) you can't prove a negative.

Who said anything about other people doing something? I'm calling out your bullshit attempt at trying to say he has to prove he isn't doing something (which is literally impossible).

Until you get that you're asking him to prove a negative, you really shouldn't comment further. I don't feel like explaining this to you yet again.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
So please tell us how the **** he "proves" he isn't doing it again when he's not getting caught doing it again? Do you not understand why what you're saying is completely ridiculous? OBJ could never have another instance like this come out and he'd still be unable to "prove" it since (for the 40th time) you can't prove a negative.

Who said anything about other people doing something? I'm calling out your bull**** attempt at trying to say he has to prove he isn't doing something (which is literally impossible).

Until you get that you're asking him to prove a negative, you really shouldn't comment further. I don't feel like explaining this to you yet again.

It's not bull when he's done the actions already. You seem to know it all so you must be right. My apologies!

There is a reason why so many are saying it would be a huge mistake to sign him to that money, and not just fans.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's not bull when he's done the actions already. You seem to know it all so you must be right. My apologies!

There is a reason why so many are saying it would be a huge mistake to sign him to that money, and not just fans.

Uh, I just know how negatives (and their inability to be proved) work. You clearly do not. The fact that I am still trying to show you that proving a negative is impossible makes me really question things.

You've been a poster on here for year. You're smarter than this.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Uh, I just know how negatives (and their inability to be proved) work. You clearly do not. The fact that I am still trying to show you that proving a negative is impossible makes me really question things.

You've been a poster on here for year. You're smarter than this.

What it comes down to for me is his behaviors on and off the field the last couple of years, when taken as a whole, makes me concerned to give him a big money long contract.

Take that stuff away, yes he is a game changing talent and id be happy to give him that contract.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What it comes down to for me is his behaviors on and off the field the last couple of years, when taken as a whole, makes me concerned to give him a big money long contract.

Take that stuff away, yes he is a game changing talent and id be happy to give him that contract.

Yet you can only cite a single event?

I still find it hilarious that you don't get the prove a negative thing so you've had to move the goalposts.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yup most Giants fans feel the same way except for the fanboys who defend him no matter what. Noway they give this guy 100M

Yeah, the fanboys who understand that he's a generational talent and has literally carried the team on his back. This team would be hilarious without him on it. Eli Manning would look absurd (sort of like last year) without him to throw to.

It's the equivalent of early-mid career Hank and how much he carried this team. It's the same thing.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yet you can only cite a single event?

I still find it hilarious that you don't get the prove a negative thing so you've had to move the goalposts.

The guy acted like a dog and pretended to pee after scoring a TD. Seriously?!

He refused to to attend mini camps to get thrown to by Johnny Manzel. Now threatening to not attend mini camps, again and potentially sit out training camp unless he gets his extension.

He went and partied instead of preping for the next playoff game. I don't care what you did all year. You can't do that garbage then crap the bed in the biggest game of the year.

Now he's been seen doing drugs, I don't give a damn if it was 3 years ago. Was he under an NFL contract then ? Yes. Is that in violation of league rules ? Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00