2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
And in all honesty, I am fine trading him if we can get 90 cents on the dollar. I'm not fine trading a generational talent for less than that. I'd normally want 1.10 on the dollar or more.

With 1 year left before being a UFA, it'd be hard to get an over-payment.

It'd start with a teams #1 pick (this or next), #2 pick or a high 3, with another #2 or a good player attached to the trade. I wouldn't accept anything less. This is a top 3 WR in the league.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Well said.

I just want to see the reasoning behind the disgusting comment calling him a "creep" and a "punk". Surprised "thug" wasn't thrown in there for good measure.
You are a clown . OBJ is a punk just like DeSean Jackson was /is..Your I know everything persona is as boring as Mike Francessa....The way you speak and talk down to people is freaking hilarious and whats even scarier is you believe the nonsense you spew out here everyday...Check your ego at the door it would be most helpful to you

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You are a clown . OBJ is a punk just like DeSean Jackson was /is..Your I know everything persona is as boring as Mike Francessa....The way you speak and talk down to people is freaking hilarious and whats even scarier is you believe the nonsense you spew out here everyday...Check your ego at the door it would be most helpful to you

I'm not the one calling OBJ a "creep" or a "punk". I find those comments to be pretty gross (and very telling). Perhaps you don't.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
With 1 year left before being a UFA, it'd be hard to get an over-payment.

It'd start with a teams #1 pick (this or next), #2 pick or a high 3, with another #2 or a good player attached to the trade. I wouldn't accept anything less. This is a top 3 WR in the league.

I would do that if they truly wanted to move on from him and maximize value. We just have to come to terms with the fact that we would be moving a generational talent who has only helped the team win when he's been on the field. It's really going to be tough to move on from him when you saw how awful the team was without him last year.

It's one of those things where you better damn well hit on the picks you get for him, because giving him up is going to be one of the single hardest things imaginable to replace.

Reactions: mrjimmyg89

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I would do that if they truly wanted to move on from him and maximize value. We just have to come to terms with the fact that we would be moving a generational talent who has only helped the team win when he's been on the field. It's really going to be tough to move on from him when you saw how awful the team was without him last year.

It's one of those things where you better damn well hit on the picks you get for him, because giving him up is going to be one of the single hardest things imaginable to replace.

I'd be signing this guy for 5-6 years at top WR money. If anyone is worth 5/100 or 6/120, it's him.

Trading for that kind of a package could result in helping the OL for the long term, but they should be able to revamp it with putting some money into it and a couple of picks.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd be signing this guy for 5-6 years at top WR money. If anyone is worth 5/100 or 6/120, it's him.

Trading for that kind of a package could result in helping the OL for the long term, but they should be able to revamp it with putting some money into it and a couple of picks.

I actually think the Evans deal helps a lot with valuation. Evans, while good, is not at OBJ's level. However, he's stayed on the field, more. Would be a steal if we could get him for under $90M.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
The funny thing is everyone remembers Beckham peeing like a dog, but no one mentions what Shepard did. He scored and kicked his feet back like a dog covering shit but that goes under the radar because he's not Beckham.

And the fact that both of them did dog celebrations on the eagles logo makes me wonder if there wasn't some trash talk before the game that led to that

Reactions: Machinehead

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Chiefs, Cowboys, Bears all pursuing Watkins

Chiefs offense would be hilarious with Watkins. Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hunt, Ware? RIP AFC defenses.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As long as the woman consented, which it appears she did, what happened in that bed is 110% OBJ's business.

Don't care what happened, don't care how it happened, don't care when it happened. It has nothing to do with football.

He's been hurt and hasn't been supplying headlines, so the media is looking for a witch hunt.

Reactions: klingsor

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
As long as the woman consented, which it appears she did, what happened in that bed is 110% OBJ's business.

Don't care what happened, don't care how it happened, don't care when it happened. It has nothing to do with football.

He's been hurt and hasn't been supplying headlines, so the media is looking for a witch hunt.
Witch hunt!

Sad!

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
The only problem that I have with this situation is that Odell is an idiot to let the woman record the video. If he doesn't get suspended I don't care if he uses weed or heroin.

Hopefully he gets less money from the Giants now. This video can be a blessing in disguise.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey

Norwell apparently down to Giants, Colts, and 49ers. His contract expected to exceed the 12 million annually that Kevin Zeitler received last off-season.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Jets are going to have to circle back on some other options. With Keenum and Cousins likely gone.

I'd much prefer they either go with Bridgewater, but this seems like the sign stop gap and develop QB route.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sign McCown, sign Bridgewater, draft someone. Whatever Petty and Hackenberg and whoever the other guy was can get lost.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Sign McCown, sign Bridgewater, draft someone. Whatever Petty and Hackenberg and whoever the other guy was can get lost.

They'll likely only sign one of those QBs and draft someone. Hack stays on as the 3rd string QB.

Lots of money to spend. They still need to address C, possibly RT, add a RB, TE, some DL help, ILB, and CB.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm seriously concerned that the Bills and Dolphins are going to jump ahead of the Jets in the draft and by the time we draft at 6 all of Rosen, Allen, Darnold and Mayfield are gone.

Then what?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They'll likely only sign one of those QBs and draft someone. Hack stays on as the 3rd string QB.

Lots of money to spend. They still need to address C, possibly RT, add a RB, TE, some DL help, ILB, and CB.
Well if they only sign one of those two, I hope they sign another veteran as well. Like whoever Denver cuts. I want two veterans ahead of the drafted QB. I want the drafted QB to sit all year and have absolutely zero pressure to take a snap.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm seriously concerned that the Bills and Dolphins are going to jump ahead of the Jets in the draft and by the time we draft at 6 all of Rosen, Allen, Darnold and Mayfield are gone.

Then what?

The Dolphins are going to draft a QB after giving all that money to Tannehill? I don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad