2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Just to add

Every year, everyone falls in love with all these QB's who go in the top of the draft.

How many of the following guys are worth a 6 OA let alone an additional 3 2nd round picks?

Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Jamarcus Russell, RG3, Blake Bortles, Jameis Winston, (Who I admit the jury is still out on ), Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez, Mariota

Seriously I see maybe one single guy on this list of venerable talents who really rates the 6OA ALONE let alone the additional 2s. Stafford. Maaaaaybe Mariota and Winston. All either the first or 2nd QBs taken in the draft in the top of the draft.

But we're going to trade up, trade ALLL that we traded and we STILL might have to settle for THIRD best in the draft? Awful

If Rosen and Darnold go 1-2, you can bet some money that the Bills would've done everything they can to move to 3 or 4. Now 3 Qb's are gone. Denver needs a QB and loves Mayfield. All of a sudden the top 4 are gone.

You don't get a chance at a franchise QB every year, if you get the chance you gotta do it. The Jets aren't going to be good next year, they will still draft high enough for good talent next year.

Yea I took this into account in the post you responded to and further expanded in this one.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Absolutely. Presuming Luck will return to form, you have your franchise signal-caller. And I think you did about as well as you could in terms of compensation. 3 2nd round picks for 3 spots is a pretty solid haul, IMO...
I agree. Now I hope someone makes a panic trade to jump into the top 5 to get a 4th QB off the board.

Getting Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick or even possibly Barkley was what I was hoping for. Then add in two extra 2nds to help fill in holes on the line or secondary is fantastic.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
They traded 3 2nd round picks. The Rams and Eagles traded their 1st 3 rounds for 2 years in a row to move up for a franchise QB.

I understand your point that without these picks it's tough to build depth, and I agree. But it's almost impossible to win in this league without a franchise QB. This team hasn't had one in forever and what have they won? You make this trade everyday to get a chance at grabbing the cornerstone of your franchise.

And to further build on that, this draft has long been looked at as being stacked at QB. It's not like you have 4 guys who popped up out of nowhere this year.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
They traded 3 2nd round picks. The Rams and Eagles traded their 1st 3 rounds for 2 years in a row to move up for a franchise QB.

I understand your point that without these picks it's tough to build depth, and I agree. But it's almost impossible to win in this league without a franchise QB. This team hasn't had one in forever and what have they won? You make this trade everyday to get a chance at grabbing the cornerstone of your franchise.

And to further build on that, this draft has long been looked at as being stacked at QB. It's not like you have 4 guys who popped up out of nowhere this year.
Don't forget about the 6 OA.

I already said it, history is littered with the corpses of one of the 1st 2 QBs taken in the top 6...except the Jets likely won't even get one of the two best QBs. If you trade all that, how do you not at least get your goddamn choice of QBs? I hate this f***ing idiotic trade. Yet I'm excited, bc as you said, it is all for the chance that our 3rd place medal can miraculously become the franchise QB the jets have been dying for and they DID keep next years 1st pick, I do like that.

I'd be a lot less pissed if we at least had our choice of potential busts/franchise QBs.

Also f*** you Blake Bortles for being an inept simpleton and pissing away that f***ing regular season game. f*** you Indy for being rewarded for your incompetence. Had you figured out how to build an Oline to help your franchise QB (funny that Macag! An oline!) you wouldn't have been picking 3rd. f*** you Houston, for not protecting your 1st round pick and f*** you Denver for Elways stupid ass horse face, 1998 and for sucking ass this year.

Oh and a special double fudge, raisin sundae f*** you to Reese who inherited a Super Bowl and proceeded to butt f*** the organization into oblivion, putting it in the hole it fell into last year as Coughlin resurrected the corpse of Jacksonville. Two scoops worth of f*** you to that complete idiot Jerry Reese.

Last edited:
Reactions: klingsor

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006

I already said it, history is littered with the corpses of one of the 1st 2 QBs taken in the top 6...except the Jets likely won't even get one of the two best QBs. If you trade all that, how do you not at least get your goddamn choice of QBs? I hate this ****ing idiotic trade. Yet I'm excited, bc as you said, it is all for the chance that our 3rd place medal can miraculously become the franchise QB the jets have been dying for and they DID keep next years 1st pick, I do like that.

I'd be a lot less pissed if we at least had our choice of potential busts/franchise QBs.

Also **** you Blake Bortles for being an inept simpleton and pissing away that ****ing regular season game. **** you Indy for being rewarded for your incompetence. Had you figured out how to build an Oline to help your franchise QB (funny that Macag! An oline!) you wouldn't have been picking 3rd. **** you Houston, for not protecting your 1st round pick and **** you Denver for Elways stupid ass horse face, 1998 and for sucking ass this year.

Oh and a special double fudge, raisin sundae **** you to Reese who inherited a Super Bowl and proceeded to butt **** the organization into oblivion, putting it in the hole it fell into last year as Coughlin resurrected the corpse of Jacksonville. Two scoops worth of **** you to that complete idiot Jerry Reese.

Did not forget about the 6. I was talking about extra picks they gave up. I don't know what else to tell you as you're obviously very pessimistic towards drafting QB's. This is supposed to be the best QB draft since Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben, these aren't Jamarcus Russell-like prospects.

There's been a lot of talk how the top 3 QB's could have all gone #1 if they weren't all in the same draft. It's not like the 3rd option is Christian Ponder. If they get a franchise QB no one will be talking about 3 2nd round picks. You think Philly is complaining right now?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Did not forget about the 6. I was talking about extra picks they gave up. I don't know what else to tell you as you're obviously very pessimistic towards drafting QB's. This is supposed to be the best QB draft since Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben, these aren't Jamarcus Russell-like prospects.

There's been a lot of talk how the top 3 QB's could have all gone #1 if they weren't all in the same draft. It's not like the 3rd option is Christian Ponder. If they get a franchise QB no one will be talking about 3 2nd round picks. You think Philly is complaining right now?

I'm pessimistic to trading all that and STILL riding bitch to two other teams when the chances are low that a top drafted QB will be worth it anyway.

Jamarcus wasn't a Jamarcus-like prospect. He was highly valued just the same way these guys are. Only after being drafted do you know what the drafted players will be. But it's nice to at least be able to pick your potential poison instead of trading all that and not even getting your own choice.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site

I already said it, history is littered with the corpses of one of the 1st 2 QBs taken in the top 6...except the Jets likely won't even get one of the two best QBs. If you trade all that, how do you not at least get your goddamn choice of QBs? I hate this ****ing idiotic trade. Yet I'm excited, bc as you said, it is all for the chance that our 3rd place medal can miraculously become the franchise QB the jets have been dying for and they DID keep next years 1st pick, I do like that.

Also **** you Blake Bortles for being an inept simpleton and pissing away that ****ing regular season game. **** you Indy for being rewarded for your incompetence. Had you figured out how to build an Oline to help your franchise QB (funny that Macag! An oline!) you wouldn't have been picking 3rd. **** you Houston, for not protecting your 1st round pick and **** you Denver for Elways stupid ass horse face, 1998 and for sucking ass this year.

Oh and a special double fudge, raisin sundae **** you to Reese who inherited a Super Bowl and proceeded to butt **** the organization into oblivion, putting it in the hole it fell into last year as Coughlin resurrected the corpse of Jacksonville. Two scoops worth of **** you to that complete idiot Jerry Reese.

Not sure I agree with everything, but I really appreciate a top of the line rant.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->