OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Giants SHOULD have taken Darnold or traded the pick. Taking Barkley is a 67-year old GM foolishly looking to win now with a 38-year old QB who went 3-12. It was obvious the last few weeks they were going to take Barkley (especially when people assumed Darnold was going to Cleveland) but it doesn't make it a prudent move.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Jets traded up to get Mayfield.

They may get lucky and save face with Darnold since the Giants will wisely take Barkley

The Giants need a QB. Barkley is a good running back but you don't take RB's 2 unless they are all time legends good. Darnold going to the Jets will be a ghost haunting Giants fans for many many years.

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Giants need a QB. Barkley is a good running back but you don't take RB's 2 unless they are all time legends good. Darnold going to the Jets will be a ghost haunting Giants fans for many many years.

If Darnold ends up being an all-star franchise QB it could haunt the Giants but they got a stud potential all time great RB

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Barkley is too good to pass up plus I don’t think this QB class was so good that it needed to be QB or bust.

Going with a QB would have been the safer route, but Barkley can be a legit stud.

If they manage to get one more run in before Eli retires it will be worth the few years of pain after that.

None of this matter of course if that O-line isn’t fixed.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Will be ELATED if Hernandez is still available at #32 and the Eagles take him.

MOAR big bodies defending Wentzlyania please!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So much for the Pats jumping on Lamar Jackson. Probably'll be an early day 2 pick though if nobody trades up to 33 for him I could picture the Giants passing on him too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And the long national nightmare is over lol, Ravens give up two 2's for Lamar Jackson. At least Giant fans are spared the nightlong wait just for someone to trade up to 33, or Gettleman passing on him at 34.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Probably didn't want to get caught looking like a sourpuss when he realized he was going to Cleveland.

I think Mayfield can still be something, but let's hope he gets out of Cleveland in one piece. But he will have another chance at NFL success when the Cleveland nightmare is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad