OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It's funny to me that so many people are saying a large reason for the trade was JPP doesn't fit a 3-4 scheme....and then those same people say this points to the Giants taking Chubb....who also doesn't IDEALLY fit a 3-4 either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's funny to me that so many people are saying a large reason for the trade was JPP doesn't fit a 3-4 scheme....and then those same people say this points to the Giants taking Chubb....who also doesn't IDEALLY fit a 3-4 either.

lol ‘so many’ people? I’m not a Giants fan, I’m not following what their new d-coordinator wants to do or where Chubb plays.

And they could take Barkley, his talent merits being picked anywhere in the draft and again this is an afar perspective but what exactly is the issue with Orleans Darkwa? His production seemed fine to me considering the Giants had zero offensive line or skill player talent at WR in the last 3/4 of the season.

Then again I’m still puzzled why the Jets keep trying to replace or marginalize Bilal Powell.

Reactions: tr83

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
lol ‘so many’ people? I’m not a Giants fan, I’m not following what their new d-coordinator wants to do or where Chubb plays.

And they could take Barkley, his talent merits being picked anywhere in the draft and again this is an afar perspective but what exactly is the issue with Orleans Darkwa? His production seemed fine to me considering the Giants had zero offensive line or skill player talent at WR in the last 3/4 of the season.

Then again I’m still puzzled why the Jets keep trying to replace or marginalize Bilal Powell.

I am pretty sure Darkwa is a free agent

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'd say the reason is more his play did not justify his pay.

And oft injured.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There is not a clear-cut #1 QB which makes this draft very interesting

Barkley is by far the best player.
If I'm the Giants I run up to the podium and draft him 10 seconds into being on the clock.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

I didn't even read the thread....by "people" I literally just meant "people", not posters here.

The majority of write-ups on the trade make the 3-4 comment and then suggest Chubb. I don't get it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Jets suddenly emerge as a strong suitor for Suh.

Sure, we just got rid of 2 malcontents on the d-line, let's bring in the biggest one. :laugh:

In all seriousness, he's still a good player.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Jets suddenly emerge as a strong suitor for Suh.

Sure, we just got rid of 2 malcontents on the d-line, let's bring in the biggest one. :laugh:

In all seriousness, he's still a good player.

This makes no sense. He was a cancer in college. He was a cancer in Detroit. He was a cancer in Miami.

I guess Jets management can "fix" him :shakehead:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not a fan of Suh either but Maccagnan's proven on more than one occasion he's willing to completely overlook off-field and locker-room issues, which didn't exactly help the 2016 Jets.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Big arm, poor accuracy. I don't trust a guy who could not complete more than 60% of his passes in college. Could he put it together in the nfl, maybe, but not a chance I'm willing to take with the 3rd overall

Totally different attitude and mental makeup though, plus better wheels

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Totally different attitude and mental makeup though, plus better wheels

Definitely better attitude. I'll be honest, I haven't watched a lot of his games, but his stats are not convincing to me, especially against tougher competition.

There could be reasons like poor receivers, bad weather, bad play calling, etc. But I just question if he's worth the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad