Buffalo Bills Post-Draft Discussion

What position do you want the Bills to draft round 1?

• RB

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • WR / TE

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • OL

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • DL

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • LB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CB

• S

• Trade out of first round

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
About 25% of his snaps came in the middle of the field, either at safety, slot, or what PFF calls "DLine," which I assume means he's in a blitzing DB position. There's some projection for sure, but ~300 snaps is enough to get a feel for how he looks there.

As for what Nolan says, I suppose it's possible, but idk why Beane would lie so strongly, saying he never even tried to move up. I think he's been candid about it in the past when he's tried to move either way.
I think there is a fine nuance between trying to move up and making calls. I imagine he made calls saying would you move your pick and the responses were "no" or "maybe but it starts with 28 and a second this year or next year" to which he wouldn't actually put an offer together knowing he isn't moving a 2nd. I doubt he chatted with Pittsburgh and they bartered back and forth and said if a guard is there I am not moving.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Beane plan. Give 33 have 49ers retain for samuel 2. Then restructure josh and sign the newly mature obj and no hobbit girlfriends allowed sign gets installed on property. Large aszez can be cured w anti parasite medication. Mutations cant be cured. Hopefully there's a test. We already lost to swifty witch , hopefully no more black magic and crowley perversion. Leave them kids alone.

Deebo is a beast no doubt. He was unstoppable two years ago. The problem is his age, and the fact that he simply refuses to go down and ends up injured since it takes 2 more linebackers to tackle hm. It's unreal his strength. He's signed through 2025 and his base is around 20M I believe. It's tough.

Aiyuk is 2 years younger and produced attractive numbers with Brock Purdy. Never injured. But the cost to acquire him nad sign him to a new deal would be more than Deebo at this point.

It's a fun thought, But I doubt I see it happening.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Deebo is a beast no doubt. He was unstoppable two years ago. The problem is his age, and the fact that he simply refuses to go down and ends up injured since it takes 2 more linebackers to tackle hm. It's unreal his strength. He's signed through 2025 and his base is around 20M I believe. It's tough.

Aiyuk is 2 years younger and produced attractive numbers with Brock Purdy. Never injured. But the cost to acquire him nad sign him to a new deal would be more than Deebo at this point.

It's a fun thought, But I doubt I see it happening.
No cost for us or for sf to retain . Dead cap for sf. Why not steal 33rd pick, makes sense for niners to fleece us if deebo is outta there

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
You guys are starting to sway me on Dejean with 33. Nothing wrong with building strength on strength and we've seen how devastating CB injuries can be if you don't have depth.

I just don't know that I can handle an entire summer of bIlLz mAfIa idiots posting on Twitter and Reddit about how Allen has had no support from the FO and compare that to the Chiefs and Bengals situations. It's the most asinine "take" that the dregs of our fanbase push.
Imagining Dejean, Bernard, Milano, and Douglas as our core guys for the next 3 years is so enticing. The D line lacks a game breaker, but the LB core and 2ndry could be as a good as any team in the league if Desean can become an impact player for us.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Imagining Dejean, Bernard, Milano, and Douglas as our core guys for the next 3 years is so enticing. The D line lacks a game breaker, but the LB core and 2ndry could be as a good as any team in the league if Desean can become an impact player for us.

But can he cover Worthy??:sarcasm:

Has anyone completed a welfare check on Ace?

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
You guys are starting to sway me on Dejean with 33. Nothing wrong with building strength on strength and we've seen how devastating CB injuries can be if you don't have depth.

I just don't know that I can handle an entire summer of bIlLz mAfIa idiots posting on Twitter and Reddit about how Allen has had no support from the FO and compare that to the Chiefs and Bengals situations. It's the most asinine "take" that the dregs of our fanbase push.

Sports' media is based almost entirely on horrible takes. For a while it was how the Bills couldn't beat the Chiefs. Then it was how McDermott can't win close games. Then we had the one how the Bills needed a running game to take the load off Josh Allen. Now, the narrative's going to be how the Bills need a number one wide-receiver.

Just give it a year. The wins will stack up because we still have Josh Allen running the offense, and McDermott managing the defense. And eventually, the narrative will die because there will be data to dispel it. After that, some loud mouth with a platform will come up with something else that's equally asinine, just to generate views, and we'll have to go through the same damn process all over again.

Reactions: buffalowing88

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
I'd rather just draft a receiver with the pick than trade it for Deebo.

even though deebo doesn't have a lot of miles on him, he has a lot of hard miles on him. the violence that he runs with and the hits he takes. he's like a lambo that only has 1K miles on it, but they were all test track miles with the pedal to the metal. i worry he will have a short career.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
We all choose youth over crazy hollyweird twisted possibilities. If its not possible to field a team better than although i think Samuel is an athlete competitor like josh we currently stand , is it better off for everyone to draft guys that beane clearly thinks can't realistically contribute day one like shorter

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Just ran a day 2 mock, and it's my favorite all off-season. Huge set up by Beane to make something like this happen.

Trades
33 and 128 to Arizona for 35 and 104
35 to Green Bay for 41 and 91
60 to LAC for 69 and 105
91 and 105 for Atlanta for 74
95 and 141 to Dallas for 87
144 and 160 to Denver for 121

41: Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon
69: Cole Bishop S Utah
74: Devontez Walker WR North Carolina
87: T'Vondre Sweat DT texas
104: Brendan Rice WR USC
121: Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
163: MJ Devonshire CB Pittsburgh
204: Myles Harden CB South Dakota
221: Dylan McMahon OG NC State

Reactions: brian_griffin

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
So would we all, I trust beane to do right by the bills, if they are all projects? Franklin looks good. And fits. Anyone hands and fast over old w baggage. Reall families not players like Diggs. Not afraid to care about women and people in general but like diggs , no matter what happens at home , leave it there when you go to war on the field, only 21 times.

Win the last 4. Everyone looks like a genius , beane looks like one of the smartest in the league in his post draft interview. Easy to trust that calm subtle individual. Hopefully kevyn got out from under daddy warbucks compass and square apron strings as indicated by his fiery hiring of lindy the killer ( thats a compliment)

Last edited:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
CDJ reminds me of Rod Woodson when we were at Purdue. He played safety because Johnson (a 2nd round pick 1 year ahead) and Chris Dishman (same year) held down the CB spots. Dishman was pure talent, Woodson not quite as much but much much more cerebral. All he did was make plays in every aspect of the game, and spent way too much time going over film with the big slow white guy that shouldn't have ever gone there.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Good, do it.

So, I really don’t want yall to freak out, but I’m pretty sure the Bills are targeting Keon Coleman.

I like Coleman, I've just got a little bit of Al Davis in me and tend to fall in love with speed freaks. But this kid has legit high end talent regardless of his 40 time.

Reactions: Sabreality

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Coleman is going to be a great pick. Got to watch him a lot this year as an FSU fan. I'm certainly not an expert at all the nuances, but the kid has talent.

And don't be fooled by the 40 time.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So, I really don’t want yall to freak out, but I’m pretty sure the Bills are targeting Keon Coleman.

Early in the season I thought he was a kid that could be a legit #1 WR. As the season went on, I became very wary about his separation ability. That said, his contested-catch ability might be best in this year's class.

Reminds me very much of Gabe Davis with more talent.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
CDJ reminds me of Rod Woodson when we were at Purdue. He played safety because Johnson (a 2nd round pick 1 year ahead) and Chris Dishman (same year) held down the CB spots. Dishman was pure talent, Woodson not quite as much but much much more cerebral. All he did was make plays in every aspect of the game, and spent way too much time going over film with the big slow white guy that shouldn't have ever gone there.
Sounds like who we need. I like newton to anchor the line w some youth w jones. And sweat if he lasts. Can the team handle the cocky lil shite talented Alabama receiver nobody wants in their building ? Take a center early. As well. Beane seems to have gotten some talented bodies in the top 150 that he only had three off in the most shallow draft that anything past 160 is udfa. Gotta love that he cares and seems competitive for working class buffalonians mainly watching on line. Ruff cares too. Watching him carefully bring the building together on video was a great start to lindy proving he is all in and has a plan the respectfully asks everyone to participate , that we all manifest victory one night at time together supporting our city our home town we forgive and start fresh all knowing what it takes in our lives both humble players and witness participants. as was true for every successful sabres year.

Lindy knows. Beane knows we'll see if we can all be patient and kick hamilton and the other one as they stir their cauldron too much

Last edited:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't care about Coleman's 40 time.

What concerns me is he's not a separation receiver. Not only are contested catch/poor separators exactly the kind of receiver Allen has often struggled with, they're by far the type that bust the most often.

On the plus side, other than Nabers he's the youngest WR in the class. Lot's of obvious skill that presents big potential. If you take him, you're betting on being able to coach him up into a true #1. If he hits he's probably something like a Mike Williams or Tee Higgins, down field contested catch artist. If he misses he's insert any of the penumbra of big body busts here.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Does anyone put stock into Greg Cosell’s opinion? He was struggling to find a single good thing to say about Coleman on One Bills Live today. But I’m not sure he ever really loves Bills draft picks.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

What concerns me is he's not a separation receiver. Not only are contested catch/poor separators exactly the kind of receiver Allen has often struggled with, they're by far the type that bust the most often.

On the plus side, other than Nabers he's the youngest WR in the class. Lot's of obvious skill that presents big potential. If you take him, you're betting on being able to coach him up into a true #1. If he hits he's probably something like a Mike Williams or Tee Higgins, down field contested catch artist. If he misses he's insert any of the penumbra of big body busts here.

Completely agree with all of this. Especially the bolded.

I want a separator.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

I don’t know, I see something slightly different. I see him making contested catches, somewhat frequently, because his QB is late and off target. He’s had some success on in breaking routes, which fits into the Bills O pretty well. Obvs, I prefer a guy like McConkey who gets open everywhere, but I’m starting to think there are poor medicals on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad