Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Thanks for the lulz this morning Rotoworld

Peter King: Browns won't take Josh Allen at 1
13045.jpg

A source he "trusts" who is "very well-connected" and "very often right" told MMQB's Peter King the Browns won't take Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick.
It should be a breath of fresh air for Cleveland fans; analytically, Allen barely belongs in the first round let alone in conversation for the No. 1 pick. King published a mock draft in his MMQB article, and sent USC QB Sam Darnold to the Browns at No. 1. We agree and also expect Cleveland to take Darnold.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Cleveland is one of the dumber organizations so I would expect them to botch the top pick.

I don't like the first 4 teams drafting so it really doesn't matter to me.

Though the Giants will deeply regret it for years if they pass on Barkley

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
need the Dolphins to draft one of the following players on Thursday night

Derwin James
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Roquan Smith
Tremaine Edmunds
Baker Mayfield (if he falls)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Who Cleveland decides on at 1 is interesting, Allen or Darnold .

Giants are a lock to take Barkley

Jets like Mayfield but would take Darnold if Cleveland takes Allen.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Giants fans should cry if they don't draft Barkley

He will be the best RB of the next decade , as good as Barry Sanders and Walter Payton

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'd like to think all of these rumors being floated out over the last week are smokescreens. Last week, it was Allen is the choice. Earlier this week, it was Cleveland not being sold on Allen at all and Darnold being the likely pick. Then it was don't rule out Mayfield as #1. Now it's they're sour on Darnold and it's between Allen and Mayfield. To me, I think they're throwing out all possibilities to try and force someone to offer the Giants a deal they can't refuse in order to get Barkley to drop to #4. But what do I know?

Watch them take Rosen. :laugh:

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
I'm a Giants fan and I really, really don't want Barkley. I agree that he will likely be one of the best running backs in the league, but with the way the league is now, you don't pick a running back in the first round, let alone second over all. Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the draft last year and he went in the third round. A good RB can be found almost anywhere. Draft a QB at 2.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'm a Giants fan and I really, really don't want Barkley. I agree that he will likely be one of the best running backs in the league, but with the way the league is now, you don't pick a running back in the first round, let alone second over all. Alvin Kamara was the best RB in the draft last year and he went in the third round. A good RB can be found almost anywhere. Draft a QB at 2.

Kareem Hunt was a late 3rd last year as well
LeVeon Bell was a mid 2nd round pick
Lesean McCoy was a late 2nd round pick

of course there are a few RBs that are good that were picked high (Zeke, Fournette), but you can definitely find RBs later on

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I love his arm strength but his accuracy is terrible.
I've been hearing a fair amount of push back on this recently.

Some reasons for the low completions %

1)Play in Wyoming. Cold and windy.

2)WR's that don't run well, and don't catch well either.

3)They play a down the field passing game. Not many easy short completions to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->