Pre-Game Talk: 2017-2018 Stanley Cup Final: (W3) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (E3) Washington Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Now I'm cheering for Washington and Trotz, OV, Holtby, Oshie - I like the way the Caps play hockey and I like their players.

Vegas as well, Reaves, Marchesssult, Fleury, Schmidt - respect. But the franchise has had a great run, congrats, but to me Washington is the better team and deserves the Cup.

Caps are just so structured in their play, but the players play free and with confidence and that's the ultimate coaching compliment, Super buy-in from everyone. And the players play their rolls perfectly, Wilson, Orpik, Orlov - really impressed with the Caps top to bottom.

How many on here would have Tom Wilson on the top line? Yet Barry Trotz a well respected NHL coach has done it for a while now & they have been very successful with that line. Wilson has had an outstanding playoff run.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Just had top prospects on with a Don Cherry slobber job. Said they looked like soldiers all in suits....
Svench looked big. Favorite player Kuznetsov
Zadina favorite player Patrick Kane
Dahlin favorite player Karlsson
Bouchard favorite player Drew Doughty
Brady Tkachuk fav player was Wayne Simmons
Hughes looked small. Fave player Duncan Keith i think

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just had top prospects on with a Don Cherry slobber job. Said they looked like soldiers all in suits....
Svench looked big. Favorite player Kuznetsov
Zadina favorite player Patrick Kane
Dahlin favorite player Karlsson
Dobson - Crosby
Hughes - Keith
Tkachuk - Simmonds

Reactions: senswon

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hughes looked a good 2-3 inches shorter than Bouchard. So, perhaps 5-10 or 5-11. Not great, but not too bad.

I'm getting really tired of the military shtick. We are not America. We are not a military state. Cherry and CBC can stop pushign that bs onto us.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
How many on here would have Tom Wilson on the top line? Yet Barry Trotz a well respected NHL coach has done it for a while now & they have been very successful with that line. Wilson has had an outstanding playoff run.

Why would anyone object to having Tom Wilson on the top line here? He's skilled, fast, and plays a determined physical game.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kuznetsov has to get the Conn Smyth, looks like a top 5 player these playoffs
He obviously deserves it but I feel the marker has been set with Crosby in that they'll just had it to Ovie, who's more marketable. I'll enjoy seeing him hoist that trophy but Kuz deserves it though like Kessel before him. These guys who were labeled soft absolutely carried their teams to the promised land.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why would anyone object to having Tom Wilson on the top line here? He's skilled, fast, and plays a determined physical game.
I agree but see the post above & when he was in his draft yr most called him a 4th line goon who would never amount to much. I kept hearing that the game is changing & that kind of player is no longer required in the NHL. Ottawa could use a player like that.

Reactions: topshelf15

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
:stanley: Damn, gotta wait another 3 days until next game! And if Vegas keeps winning, it'll be another 3 days followed by another 3 days until Game 7.

Wish the season would end earlier, it's summer for gods sakes!

Screenshot 2018-06-05 15.51.10.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray Kinsella

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree but see the post above & when he was in his draft yr most called him a 4th line goon who would never amount to much. I kept hearing that the game is changing & that kind of player is no longer required in the NHL. Ottawa could use a player like that.
And a defender as well,but please let him be able to skate ...Toughness hasnt left ,just the non skilled goon has

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad